Jan 17, 2018 2:50 pm
In One line, I would say, Never ever in my life, I would recommend Kurmond Homes. Don't buy stress and project delays and inflation. I was blindly trapped when one colleague from my office start building their home through Kurmond Home but you won't believe that she started her home in Nov 2015 but still waiting for handed over even after 25 months. The brief horrible experience:
- Project given in Feb 2016 and home handed over in Oct 2017. Took 19 months for double storey home
- Took 10 months just to take council approval.
- Did not advise or allow us to cut the soil in case of sloppy land and thus raised our project cost by $100K.
- Land was cut too deep and thus raising cost of retaining walls.
- Rainwater Storage tank and Air Conditioning were installed at wrong place and thus blocking free access from both sides of the home.
- Many of the things selected were not available at the time of installation.
- Home built with lot of defects.
- Rude staff and management, never respond to your emails or phones.
- Forget to built the Wardrobe in the Master bedroom and when pointed out, offered credit of just $300 when you can't even buy the Portable Wardrobe from IKEA.
- Never get fooled by their display home as 70% of the items are not even included in their platinum package and they are ready to rob you on one reason or other. You point out anything and they will say it Ùpgrade'
AVOID, WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.
Re: Building home with Kurmond Homes, South Windsor2
Jan 23, 2018 2:21 pm
So TRUE... SPOT ON!
Kurmond Home is DAMN frustrating!
In our case, they took 11 months for finalising all paperwork/admin process... Finally, they started our construction in last week of x-mas(2017) and currently we are at FRAME stage in this week(23/Jan/2018 )!
We have experienced the same thing on our site too(SLOP of 1.5 meter), due to slope we will have extra site cost - we are still waiting for invoices for those extras!!!!
Rock excavation + Float Machine Hire + Loading/unloading materiasl + etc. .....
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
1buildingAnyone building a Mirage 60 with Kurmond Homes?Anyone building a Mirage 60 with Kurmond Homes?
Thanks.. We are in North Kellyville. How about you? Can you please share your custom builders name? I don't have any faith in Kurmond Homes anymore..! Well I can be…
trimumHow long Kurmond Homes will take to build double story home?How long Kurmond Homes will take to build double story home?
Yes it is so stressful I never thought a housebuild would be like this, you would think with all this extra time the quality would be amazing but it is far from that. A…
SamanthaSBuilding Glenleigh with Kurmond Homes - my experiance...Building Glenleigh with Kurmond Homes - my experiance...
Thank you We ended up going with another builder after finding out a lady I used to work with had huge issues with her build.
pEastBuilding Arden homes Votivo 37 in South EastBuilding Arden homes Votivo 37 in South East
Well - it’s all here and there st the moment - since they were still fixing frame structural issues - they need to plaster and now need to docornice and skirting for…