Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Builder receipt to book land

Page 1 of 1
A land estate is ready book land if we book with a builder. Is this something people opt to do ? Any gotchas that I need to be worried about.

First time buying land so trying to understand this process better.

Henley is ready to give me a receipt for a 850$ deposit and that seems to be “too good to be true”

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Cheers.
Fongeo
A land estate is ready book land if we book with a builder. Is this something people opt to do ? Any gotchas that I need to be worried about.

First time buying land so trying to understand this process better.

Henley is ready to give me a receipt for a 850$ deposit and that seems to be “too good to be true”

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Cheers.

Is there paperwork involved, like a contract type of thing you get to read over? I'd be sceptical if it was "Yeah, give us $850 and we'll save you a block..."
The 850$ is paid to Henley and the receipt from Henley secures the block with the Land Developer. So when the release happens the block is allocated to us and we pay the 10% deposit. This they say is a builder block.

According to Henley in this document and as said by the sales consultant - https://henley.com.au/cms_uploads/docs/ ... ochure.pdf - it says a fully refundable 850$ deposit to get the pricing in place and then Stage 2 within 120 Days is the
So you must build with Henley in that case? Seems to look ok, but I'm no expert at all..... See if you like any of their designs and do some review searches on them to see if they have a good rep. See how you go.
Thanks a lot. We like the Emperor 48 designs in Henely, have searched the top builders and they have very less plans that fit a 16M+ block, so planning to give the 850$ and see where i stand in terms of upgrades from base price.
Also too many bad reviews of Henley in productreview.com it will be good to get some feedback on that as well. Dont want to stick my head out onto a chopping board.

Cheers
Related
15/10/2023
Builder want us to scrap the land to soil

Building A New House

Sounds like rubbish to me. Ask for the contamination report which I doubt they have. If it's part of a normal subdivision it would have had a contamination report done…

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum