Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Portifino HGWA - Homegroup Karnup WA

Page 1 of 2
Hi Guys

We will be building the Portifino by Homegroup with their new luxury kitchen package. We were previously signed up with another builder but they could not stick to the timeframe they had promised us.

We will be signing up tomorrow and only upgrading to a 28c garage structurally and obvious minor changes at prestart so that our job can progress faster.

Building in Karnup wa on 5 acres

We went to the Homegroup office today to sign up . We are so impressed with our inclusions !!!
We sent to sign up with Homegroup today and is super impressed with their inclusions!

Luxury kitchen

Laundry

600x600 tiles

Promo outdoor kitchen - free

Stone through - bathroom and laundry
Isn’t the kitchen amazing!? The display room is really impressive
I’ve found everyone so far at home group to be really quick with responding to any queries and really professional.
This is our second build with them 😊

We previously built the riviera , they were fantastic!

I’m so in love with the new kitchen.

Are you also building with them?
I’m glad to hear that haha, I haven’t seen anything negative but still feel a little anxious as it’s our first home
yes we are we’re building the Monza with a few variations
Beautiful desgin. You going to love it.

Who’s your sales consultant?

Now following your build, your colour selections are very similar to what I want.

I’m just a bit nervous thou about the cemento tile. I hope it doesn’t look to busy , I’m trying to find some posts on here of any been laid already but can’t find any.
Thank you, can’t wait to finally see actual progress

Our sales consultant is Lee he’s an absolute champ, and was straight onto it if we had any issues and his PA was a gem,

I’m a little nervous now about the selections I’m a bit worried it could be a bit dark inside so might need to get lighter furniture to soften it up, I have an almost 3 year old so was too nervous to go for lighter colours incase they got marked, we went for the cemento tile because it felt like it had a little bit more grip and our son is constantly running around and always slips on our rentals tiles 😂

I think they just came out with the luxury kitchen promo when I had my tile and laminate meeting they mentioned that it was a new colour that was October
Some progress shots of some work we carried out in preparation for when we get to site

My little slice of paradise!

vanessah2015

Our sales consultant is Lee he’s an absolute champ, and was straight onto it if we had any issues and his PA was a gem,

I’m a little nervous now about the selections I’m a bit worried it could be a bit dark inside so might need to get lighter furniture to soften it up, I have an almost 3 year old so was too nervous to go for lighter colours incase they got marked, we went for the cemento tile because it felt like it had a little bit more grip and our son is constantly running around and always slips on our rentals tiles 😂

I think they just came out with the luxury kitchen promo when I had my tile and laminate meeting they mentioned that it was a new colour that was October

Hi vanessah2015

I dont think you can go wrong with the colour selections at all; it will come up beautiful. I made the mistake of our first build with homegroup of going with the white floor tile. Although it looked beautiful, it was a nighmare to keep clean!
Here are some pics from our first build for tge Riviera (similar to your plan layout)

JaNelly
vanessah2015

Hi vanessah2015

I dont think you can go wrong with the colour selections at all; it will come up beautiful. I made the mistake of our first build with homegroup of going with the white floor tile. Although it looked beautiful, it was a nighmare to keep clean!

Thanks for the reassurance
i see what you mean about the white tiles it did look beautiful though!, i really like the pendant lights,
And the mark ups begin on V1

Is there anything I’m forgetting ?

Couple of suggestions

- How do you intend on furnishing Bed 3 if the robe is moved to the proposed location? Would the bed go against Bed 2 wall?
- Add a door to your Theatre. Big and open looks great in displays but you want to be able to watch both TVs at once

- I think you are short on space trying to squeeze a WIR to the left of Bed 1. Could you extend the house forwards instead and add some area in that way?
- Add eaves to the left hand side of the house if you are going to push out that Dining wall. This will avoid bulkheads there
- Rotate the robe in Bed 2 and move it under the eaves. This will open the room up a lot more and give you another wall to furnish against
just_a_draftee
Couple of suggestions

- How do you intend on furnishing Bed 3 if the robe is moved to the proposed location? Would the bed go against Bed 2 wall?
- Add a door to your Theatre. Big and open looks great in displays but you want to be able to watch both TVs at once

- I think you are short on space trying to squeeze a WIR to the left of Bed 1. Could you extend the house forwards instead and add some area in that way?
- Add eaves to the left hand side of the house if you are going to push out that Dining wall. This will avoid bulkheads there
- Rotate the robe in Bed 2 and move it under the eaves. This will open the room up a lot more and give you another wall to furnish against

Thank you, some great points here! will definately take them into consideration
So we have hit a hurdle today with the rainwater tank been higher than the house, this means we have to raise our sand pad along with the brickwork which is going to add a $5-7k price tag on top of the build.
What's the issue there? Could you potentially add a pump instead to get the water up rather than raising the entire house?
just_a_draftee
What's the issue there? Could you potentially add a pump instead to get the water up rather than raising the entire house?

I spoke to the plumber today regarding the pump, if we get the pump then overall in the long run, it costs more to run. the house eaves has to be higher than the tank so that if the tank is full the water wont back flow into the house and flood it.
Ah I see, I guess that makes sense. Never really dealt with rain water tanks before. I guess it'd cost more to drop the tank then?
just_a_draftee
Ah I see, I guess that makes sense. Never really dealt with rain water tanks before. I guess it'd cost more to drop the tank then?

I was thinking the same, can you dig the tank down? Or is the groundwater level too high for that..
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum