Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

PCI checklist

Page 1 of 1
Hi All
My house is nearing PCI and was just wondering if anyone could advice where I could get a PCI checklist from. I don’t want to miss anything and would like to get a thorough check done .

Appreciate your support

http://anewhouse.com.au/sample-page/pci-guide/
bashworth

Thanks mate !!! Did you create this ? I will purchase one

bashworth

Hi

I tried to download 3 times by clicking “Click Here” No downloads happened

deepugjacob
bashworth

Hi

I tried to download 3 times by clicking “Click Here” No downloads happened

Got it Brian . This is so detailed. Thanks a ton mate. You are an absolute genius and saviour

HI Deepugacob, I organised Houspect to do an extra inspection report and accompanied their inspector for the 4 hours it took him. I also bought a good laser line level ($150 Sydney Tools) and checked the slab floor levels and compared these with NSW Fair Trading's consumer Building Tolerances Guide. It's a very easy task with the laser. I also bought a straight edge level (Bunnings $100), some plastic window packers / spaces ($10) to check the gaps and a simple carpenters square ($10). I already had a step ladder. With these tools I manually checked the bare slab floors, the Gyprock walls and ceilings. Note: In your contract your are entitled to conduct such extra inspections. Nearly all the slab floors, walls and ceilings had 'dips, waves and bows' and certainly did not meet the building standards. The corners etc were also crooked. In some cases there was a 20mm difference over the a 1.5m length! The defects were very noticeable unaided when I looked afterwards. I believe other people, after living in their new house for a few weeks, would probably notice these because things would not look 'quite right'. I have asked Metricon to do their own comprehensive inspection and report to me 2 months ago and I am still awaiting their report and plans to rectify. I think most people would not do such inspections and would focus more on the smaller, more obvious defects in their pre completion inspections. There are possibly many houses finished with these defects that their owners did not notice until it was too late and due to pressures at handover time they were forced to accept. Also, some people may notice the defects but may not be concerned. Norfolk
Norfolk
HI Deepugacob, I organised Houspect to do an extra inspection report and accompanied their inspector for the 4 hours it took him. I also bought a good laser line level ($150 Sydney Tools) and checked the slab floor levels and compared these with NSW Fair Trading's consumer Building Tolerances Guide. It's a very easy task with the laser. I also bought a straight edge level (Bunnings $100), some plastic window packers / spaces ($10) to check the gaps and a simple carpenters square ($10). I already had a step ladder. With these tools I manually checked the bare slab floors, the Gyprock walls and ceilings. Note: In your contract your are entitled to conduct such extra inspections. Nearly all the slab floors, walls and ceilings had 'dips, waves and bows' and certainly did not meet the building standards. The corners etc were also crooked. In some cases there was a 20mm difference over the a 1.5m length! The defects were very noticeable unaided when I looked afterwards. I believe other people, after living in their new house for a few weeks, would probably notice these because things would not look 'quite right'. I have asked Metricon to do their own comprehensive inspection and report to me 2 months ago and I am still awaiting their report and plans to rectify. I think most people would not do such inspections and would focus more on the smaller, more obvious defects in their pre completion inspections. There are possibly many houses finished with these defects that their owners did not notice until it was too late and due to pressures at handover time they were forced to accept. Also, some people may notice the defects but may not be concerned. Norfolk

Thanks mate!!!! Guess you had a really bad experience with them . My PCI is next week. Will definitely take your advice

Norfolk

https://www.totaltools.com.au/90976-bos ... gLX4vD_BwE

Is this the one that you purchased?

So how do you pick up problems that manifest themselves after PCI Handover? eg
Cracked walls and slabs? These problems should be picked up and hopefully rectified during construction..
If not then you need engineering proofs & Repair solutions not checklists. hth
Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum