Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Timber Windows and Stacker Doors

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

We are in the planning stages of our Hayman 29 with Metricon in Melbourne.

We want to get timber frames for our windows and stacker doors instead of the standard Aluminium frames, like the ones they have in their display home.

Does anyone have experience with timber windows ? I mean in terms of maintenance, how much work would they be considering Melbourne weather.

Any insights on the subject would be much appreciated.

Thanks
I expect it will depend on who you get the timber windows from and their quality. The developers of the Nishi Complex in Canberra thought highly enough of the timber windows from Paarhammer to use them on their development, but then Paarhammer is at the premium end.

http://www.paarhammer.com.au/portfolio/Nishi-Canberra
I can check with Metricon about their supplier, won't be high end for sure though

My question is more around how often would they need re-staining ? How much would it cost ? Is it possible to do DIY ?
It says in another post Canterbury supplies the timber windows for Metricon.
Related
26/10/2023
Which glass for stacker doors

Windows & Doors

What do you need them to withstand? If it's normal wear and tear, then either will do, if you want resistance to ingress then laminated would be the favourite, but only…

2/03/2024
Flashing above doors and windows

General Discussion

Flashings over doorways and windows our carpenter has installed flashings that is buckled and short of the window frames and door frames is this right Is there a…

11/10/2023
Stacker door thresholds

Windows & Doors

Sure looks like the type of track that I fitted to my house. My supplier said that the underside has a tray which drains to the front. They cut vertical slots in it. So as…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum