Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boundary Fence VIC - first to move in

Page 1 of 1
Hi, Just wanted to get some feedback opinions regarding our situation.

In our stage, we were the first house to finish the build and we will be moving soon. I've manage to get a quote from a contractor and have sent out notices to my neighbor adjoining properties about putting up the fence.

Given that my neighbors are still building, they told me that according to their developer, I need to wait for them to finish some of the brickwork before we can put up the fence. as they're worried they might damage it.

Is this a justifiable reason to stop me from putting up the fence?

For us, I'm very concerned with security and privacy once we move in, and in my opinion putting up a fence shouldn't really hinder them from doing their work.
and it looks like they're just worried the tradies might damage the fence and they have to shoulder the repair expense.
Related
5/04/2024
Fence boundary - New Lot

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi everyone, My lot has just been titled and during the settlement we found that the rear pegs were not visible. We requested for a re-establishment and pegging plan…

10/04/2024
New Fence - Boundary

Building A New House

Hi, It’s important to keep in mind that dividing fences have thickness, so it’s impracticable to expect them to be wholly constructed within the neighbouring…

24/08/2023
Can I move my home Gym workout station upstairs?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I have a home gym at home. It weights 150KG including the weight stack. I'm a big boy, around 150KG myself. I was thinking about moving it up stairs to the second…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum