Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Allworth Harmony Guest

Page 1 of 1
Hi I have been reading blogs on here for a while now and decided to join as our build will be starting this year! We building the Harmony Guest with Allworth, plans were approved by council just before Christmas, now waiting for the offices to re open to get the ball rolling with the build!
Is there anyone who is currently or will be building a Harmony Guest as well?

Here is our plan, slightly modified to have a triple garage for additional space and storage in the garage.. also to fill up the frontage better!
Hi MimHarmony, we are also building this year. We are building the Altona Media Delux, it is kinda similar to yours. I haven’t uploaded photos of the plan yet but will soon. We have our colour selection on the 13, getting a bit excited. Where are you building?
ydnewa
Hi MimHarmony, we are also building this year. We are building the Altona Media Delux, it is kinda similar to yours. I haven’t uploaded photos of the plan yet but will soon. We have our colour selection on the 13, getting a bit excited. Where are you building?

Hi MimHarmony,
We are building the Harmony Guest 😊
We are at tiling stage, feels like it has taken forever, we paid our initial deposit almost 10 months ago, the paperwork/admin side of things is what took the longest 😩 But since the build commenced I have been reasonably happy with the process
Love your triple garage, there can never be too much storage lol
We reversed the WIR to to guest room and made it a WAlk in Pantry, we put cavity sliding doors on the media room and ensuites and also went with the high ceilings.
Where about dare you building?
ydnewa

That's fantastic, yes we love the larger garage! We wanted to add a roller door to the back to drive through, unfortunately we couldn't as we had to drop the garage for the driveway to be compliant. We're building on the south coast on NSW. Where are you building ydnewa
Ryan3
Love your triple garage, there can never be too much storage lol
We reversed the WIR to to guest room and made it a WAlk in Pantry, we put cavity sliding doors on the media room and ensuites and also went with the high ceilings.
Where about dare you building?

Not good to hear about the admin delays, fingers crossed things start moving soon, we have an Electrical appointment this month, then everything has been chosen.
Great idea with the pantry and adding the sliding doors to the media, we also put the cavity sliding doors to both enquires to maximise space. We have chosen everything standard otherwise to save money but would have loved to have done the higher ceilings! We are building on the South Coast of NSW. Where are you building Ryan3
Hello, your plans look great, it looks like it will be a nice and roomy house.
We are building the sonata at Sanctuary Point, but heavily modified, so it doesn’t actually look like the sonata as every room has been changed or moved and we’ve extended length and depth to add rooms
Admin took ages because of this but we had our filed moved to construction just before Christmas and they’ve pegged the house out and put up their sign so expecting to start in the next week or two.
Look forward to following your build as it will be a similar time line to mine

viewtopic.php?t=89059
We are building in Jordan Springs Nsw Electical appointment added about 10k for us so he prepared lol we upgraded and added all downloghts, double power points ceiling fans and extra circuits and lights for our pool.
Once I figure out how to post photos I will upload some for you 😊
We are building ar Thornton NSW, Wirraway Estate. Yeah we also had to drop our garage down it was originally going t be 7 brick courses down, but we had to move the house back on the block to comply with the estate so now it is only 4 courses.
aphsta
Hello, your plans look great, it looks like it will be a nice and roomy house.
We are building the sonata at Sanctuary Point, but heavily modified, so it doesn’t actually look like the sonata as every room has been changed or moved and we’ve extended length and depth to add rooms
Admin took ages because of this but we had our filed moved to construction just before Christmas and they’ve pegged the house out and put up their sign so expecting to start in the next week or two.
Look forward to following your build as it will be a similar time line to mine

viewtopic.php?t=89059

Hi aphsta I just had a quick read over your thread, I like your house design, and its great how much Allworth allow to change their plans! You also have chosen the same roof tiles and gutter colours as us, we went with Sinai brick and Surfmist on the garage door, front door and windows. That's great our builds will be similar timing also, I will click to follow your thread!
Ryan3
We are building in Jordan Springs Nsw Electical appointment added about 10k for us so he prepared lol we upgraded and added all downloghts, double power points ceiling fans and extra circuits and lights for our pool.
Once I figure out how to post photos I will upload some for you 😊

That's great! It will looks very nice, looking forward to seeing photos when you can. We are keeping the Electrical all standard, however we may add an extra powerpoint due to the size of our garage. otherwise, my husband is an Electrician and will be able to make changes post build which is handy
ydnewa
We are building ar Thornton NSW, Wirraway Estate. Yeah we also had to drop our garage down it was originally going t be 7 brick courses down, but we had to move the house back on the block to comply with the estate so now it is only 4 courses.

We went to Thornton NSW to the Homeworld there to have a look at a few houses when we were deciding on what builder to go with, it was between Beechwood and Allworth, and in the end we found Allworth just had such great value so chose them

We had to drop the garage by 8 brick courses! so need 3 or more stairs internally to enter the house. 4 courses is a good drop, as my husband said its good anyway as it gives height to the garage, great for storage!
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum