Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Bentley Homes

Page 2 of 6
Mrs_W
Marlbling
Mrs_W
We had tiling start this week! Haven’t heard from anyone from Bentley and no weekly update email. I’m so glad work has started again. We have just passed the 8 month mark of our build.

Whoa getting there

8months .. I think they will try their best to catch up ? They just finished floors for us this week and we did the same thing in the bathroom

The shower looks great! We don’t have doors yet. Cannot wait to use my new shower! But I will not be sharing my shower with anyone.

Oh lol yes your right 😆 😅

Does anyone know what these yellow pipes are ? We drove past the house and these pipes are all around over the house ?
Marlbling

Does anyone know what these yellow pipes are ? We drove past the house and these pipes are all around over the house ?

I think it is something related to pest control. I saw the pest control guy doing the same thing at my property on Thursday

deepugjacob
Marlbling

I think it is something related to pest control. I saw the pest control guy doing the same thing at my property on Thursday

Awee that’s great.. thanks heaps for that ☺️😁
How’s everyone’s build coming along ? We are forever still on the completion stage 🤕. We are now on the 7th month and it feels like we are still ages away from moving in
Marlbling
How’s everyone’s build coming along ? We are forever still on the completion stage
. We are now on the 7th month and it feels like we are still ages away from moving in

Slowly... I worked out that our contract ends on 24 February, and have been told for the last two weeks that plumbing and electrical fit off was happening but as of yesterday neither has started. They also still need to install the shelving, door furniture, kitchen splash back, shower screens... There’s also a lot of defects that have shown up in previous Darbecca inspections that they said they would fix and are still outstanding, ie the front porch slab falls towards the house, the roof line/eave at the alfresco is not in line with the brick lines. On top of that, there’s stuff that we have noticed, the front render is chipped, all of the screws that were used to attach the downpipes to the house are rusted, feature tiling in shower niches hasn’t been done properly, most of the cabinet doors have scratches on them... I could go on.

Our neighbours are also building with Bentley, the new Calgary, and started in late August 2017. They already have their garage door.

Mrs_W
Marlbling
How’s everyone’s build coming along ? We are forever still on the completion stage
. We are now on the 7th month and it feels like we are still ages away from moving in

Slowly... I worked out that our contract ends on 24 February, and have been told for the last two weeks that plumbing and electrical fit off was happening but as of yesterday neither has started. They also still need to install the shelving, door furniture, kitchen splash back, shower screens... There’s also a lot of defects that have shown up in previous Darbecca inspections that they said they would fix and are still outstanding, ie the front porch slab falls towards the house, the roof line/eave at the alfresco is not in line with the brick lines. On top of that, there’s stuff that we have noticed, the front render is chipped, all of the screws that were used to attach the downpipes to the house are rusted, feature tiling in shower niches hasn’t been done properly, most of the cabinet doors have scratches on them... I could go on.

Our neighbours are also building with Bentley, the new Calgary, and started in late August 2017. They already have their garage door.

Omg 😮 after reading this I should complain a little less 🤕 that really suck 😞 our friend who build with Alfred construction got theirs done in 4 months. The other Bentley house on our block is also done and they have already moved in. Mind you we have the same site supervisor but they are probably more luckier than us. Isn’t it if they don’t complete your house in the 9months they have to pay you?
Marlbling
Mrs_W
Marlbling

Omg
after reading this I should complain a little less
that really suck
our friend who build with Alfred construction got theirs done in 4 months. The other Bentley house on our block is also done and they have already moved in. Mind you we have the same site supervisor but they are probably more luckier than us. Isn’t it if they don’t complete your house in the 9months they have to pay you?

I think everyone who is building a house has a right to complain. It’s such a stressful process. As I often say to my husband, “Whose dumb idea was it to build a house?”

Under the contract they have 270 days + 20 days if the construction period falls over Christmas/New Year period and at this rate we’re expecting them to have to cut us a cheque.

Awee don’t take it out on hubby hun .. I have to calm mines at least once or twice a month for the last 3 months haha .. at first I didn’t wanna build cos of reading so many feedbacks from people building.. but my husband being from India everything has to be new especially first house 🙄🤣 so I went on board with the building.. I then went for Bentley because I loved this house and the lady at sales was Polynesian so it had to be this house haha .. we all trust and help each other so this was it .. my husband wanted to build with his friend who is on the same street as ours and with Alfred construction.. it’s such a shame he has to face him everyday at work and him keep asking when we moving in .. now he just says he has no idea 😂😂 he’s so over it and I’m also so over it .. kinda lost my excitement .. anyways we just hanging there .. there’s still lots to be done .. security doors driveway and the little bits and pieces.. I think they are missing our chimney too but will remind on next email..

We haven’t lost hope yet in construction yet .. hopefully the beauty of the house will take all our stress away 😊
Funny thing is, it was my dumb idea to build a house! We laugh about it, if we didn’t laugh, we’d probably cry. We had outgrown our old house and he wanted to buy an established house, but there wasn’t anything that ticked all the boxes. The Calgary did for us.

Some of our fave features from the house .. we love the back heaps.. it’s so open and will be easy for kids to run in and out ☺️
Mrs_W
Funny thing is, it was my dumb idea to build a house! We laugh about it, if we didn’t laugh, we’d probably cry. We had outgrown our old house and he wanted to buy an established house, but there wasn’t anything that ticked all the boxes. The Calgary did for us.

Lol it’s okay.. with all your upgrades am pretty sure you ll love the end result and too will forget most of the stressful times 🤣
You’ve got the same facade as us and such similar colours too, but it’s is a mirrored version. Your site is much neater too. They taken down your temp fencing so must be close to being done.

A big hole was dug in our front yard. Not sure what it for.

Timber laminate was also done this week. (We got the shelving beside the fridge just like the display, minus the wine storage.)

Mrs_W
You’ve got the same facade as us and such similar colours too, but it’s is a mirrored version. Your site is much neater too. They taken down your temp fencing so must be close to being done.

Oh yeah ? Haha I love this facade ☺️ Yeah the house building next to us are neat too and the other side they haven’t started building yet .. the house next door have a bathroom for each of their 4 bedrooms .. yep I can’t imagine why all the rooms would need a bathroom but yeah haha .. they have a much bigger land than ours though.. we wanted to get so many things but we didn’t think properly at the time .. now we couldn’t even ask for anything haha .. the biggest thing we left out is the refrigerator plumbing.. we have asked them to include but they won’t do it because it’s not in our contract which is fair enough 🤕
Mrs_W

A big hole was dug in our front yard. Not sure what it for.

Timber laminate was also done this week. (We got the shelving beside the fridge just like the display, minus the wine storage.)

Oh whoa that’s amazing I love your kitchen .. how you have the dark colors on the bottom is really nice we had the dark colors on the top haha .. I should have thought of the kids making it dirty and put the dark on the bottom but we were all over the place when we had to choose so the lady there helped us choose some of The colors haha .. we didn’t get the shelf on the corner they took it off our promotion so we just have a plain wall

4 bathrooms! That would mean cleaning 4 bathrooms. No thanks!

We didn’t do fridge plumbing either, but not sure that we’d use it anyhow. The body absorbs water better when it’s at room temp anyhow.

Thank you. Most kitchens I’ve seen have dark on top, and light down the bottom, but I thought this would be more practical with kids, then stressed that it would look odd, but we’re really happy with how it turned out. The fridge shelving was an upgrade and I think it was $990. Hubby really liked that and decided it was a must. The shelves are the same polar white silk as our overheads. I just wish that our paint was a little darker, like yours.

im loving the look of these finishes
gives me something to look forward to by end of the year!
Drove past and saw the driveway is done 😄 we still have fly screens and security doors to be installed.. and the appliances and hot water system.

We still haven’t done our final inspection yet .. then after that we book for settlement .. hopefully soon 🙂

Marlbling
Drove past and saw the driveway is done
we still have fly screens and security doors to be installed.. and the appliances and hot water system.

We still haven’t done our final inspection yet .. then after that we book for settlement .. hopefully soon

Wow! Seeing a driveway is exciting. We are doing ours ourselves post handover as our driveway is 19m long and we want a reversing bay and a perimeter path. We’ve got one quote and it came to $15.5k. We knew it would be a lot and we didn’t want to pay builders margin on top of such a large amount.

We have shower screens, carpet, 1 bathroom sink, 1 toilet seat, pantry shelving and lots of little fixes to go. (Scratched cabinetry, tops and bottoms of doors haven’t been painted, screws in downpipes are rusted and LOTS more). I’ve asked for a timeframe for completion but I keep getting fobbed off. Patience is getting very thin, so may need to take the squeaky wheel approach.

Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum