Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in the Central West, NSW

Page 1 of 1
Anyone here building out in the Central West of NSW?

We're looking to build out near Orange and have found most of the Sydney mass home builders won't go out that far. Mojo Homes sales people at a Sydney display centre actually laughed when we asked

We've bought 5 acres so already have land ready, now we're looking at construction.

We're looking at either Bellriver since they're originally from the area, Hotondo or using another smaller local builder.

Is there anyone who's used Bellriver or Hotondo either out there or in Sydney? I know Bellriver did a Schofield home/land development that dragged.

Or any others that build out there that you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, Im from Dubbo and we are building with GJ Gardner.

The people at bellriver here own orange aswell im fairly sure and they have a great reputation here for quality but expensive builds. I would stay clear of hotondo if you want a decent house.
Skcel
Hi, Im from Dubbo and we are building with GJ Gardner.

The people at bellriver here own orange aswell im fairly sure and they have a great reputation here for quality but expensive builds. I would stay clear of hotondo if you want a decent house.

Thanks for the reply Skcel. We did find Bellriver to be slightly more than expected for a 'local' builder but their inclusions and quality seemed to balance that out. I'm glad they've got a decent reputation as they're probably the front runners.

Hotondo price wise came in at the same price as Bellriver (and Metricon) but their quality and reputation are unknowns to us. Is their build quality not great?

How are you finding GJ Gardner? We're also looking at them but thought they were a bit expensive.
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

11/07/2023
Central Properties

Building A New House

Hi, just need to ask if anyone build with Central Properties in Victoria. Thankd

2/04/2024
Building a flame zone house in West Pymble on a steep site

Building A New House

Hi All It has been a few weeks since my last update. The build has been progressing well. No major issues to report. The scaffolding was dropped today, gyprock will be…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum