Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Build with Summit Perth WA

Page 4 of 20
nicolac34
Excellent to see some progress! Can't wait to see it all happen now

No contracts here unfortunately.... I'm hopefully irritating them enough to get a move on now!

😔 I hope you see some contract before the weekend is done. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! I wonder what is holding up the paperwork whether it is drafting or otherwise
A little more progress! Looks like there is another Summit build is happening in my estate who is also at the same stage so i think they are going to try have both slabs done at the same time

Hopefully you will have a footings and a slab in the next few days now that the fine weather is back.
Woo hoo that part is so exciting! Congrats - it all begins now
Choosy
Hopefully you will have a footings and a slab in the next few days now that the fine weather is back.

Agreed Choosy. I’m hoping they will pour my slab sometime tomorrow so then they aren’t too far off where they were planning to be. Happy days!
J278
Woo hoo that part is so exciting! Congrats - it all begins now

Thank you! Love seeing all the paperwork and stress starting to amount to something 😊
They will generally pour footings one morning, then do the slab the next morning. Are you aware if your footings have been poured yet?
just_a_draftee
They will generally pour footings one morning, then do the slab the next morning. Are you aware if your footings have been poured yet?

They sure have
went out to the block this arvo to find the below so i think slab will be poured tomorrow:
Looks like you will have your slab tomorrow.
Choosy
Looks like you will have your slab tomorrow.

i think so too. The other summit build in the estate had footings this arvo as well so almost guaranteed they will tag team pouring both slabs tomorrow morning.

And we have a slab! Got there just as they were finishing up. Busy lads today, 3 slabs down in the same area!
Hooray! I bet you're a bit happier with everything now?
just_a_draftee
Hooray! I bet you're a bit happier with everything now?

Oh definitely. Like i said to the concreters after months of paperwork it is amazing to see something. It's also great to finally get a feel of how much space i should have for the outside areas. You can throw numbers & units of measurement at me but it means nothing until i can actually see it haha.
Congrats!!
Congrats, hopefully everything will be smooth sailing now.
Yay! Congrats!
Thanks everyone!!
Congratulations on slab down! It certainly goes quick from here
jad33mily
Congratulations on slab down! It certainly goes quick from here

Thank you 😊 one of my colleagues thinks that bricks could be delivered this week. I think he is a bit eager beaver & think it’d probably be next week haha but I definitely feel like it’s all systems go now!
Bricks are usually loaded a week after slab pour and then bricklayers start a week after that. That's a generalisation though, obviously other factors involved
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum