Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

NEW BUILD - HGWA SOUTHPORT

Page 3 of 6
atemby

Footings where done yesterday and slab was being poured this morning:)

Hooray!! What an awesome way to start your long weekend. Congrats
atemby

Footings where done yesterday and slab was being poured this morning:)

How exciting it’ll start to fly by congratulations 😁
Our Bricks Started Friday really happy with the brickies very neat and have done an amazing job

ALFRESCO

DINING/KITCHEN

They’re moving quick 😁 it’s amazing watching it all come together!
vanessah2015
They’re moving quick 😁 it’s amazing watching it all come together!

We have our brickie meeting Wednesday, very quick!!! i cant believe your dry wall is on aswell makes me happy Im glad we will have a roof before bad weather starts i think they are aiming for the same thing which is good!
have they given you a rough date for hand over?
That’s exciting! Can I ask who your SS is? Yea I know I was completely floored it’s really feeling like a home! Our bricks we’re done in a week, had the meeting on the 22/3 and finished on 26/3 😂 I kept saying the same thing get the roof on before the bad weather sets in! Not really at the brick meeting he said if there’s delays probably August if everything goes to plan July we’ll 5 months from slab I’m getting nervous it could be June 😂 our lease ends in August so fingers crossed mid July, so Jake can paint the house do the skirts and do the epoxy on the garage floor before we move
vanessah2015
That’s exciting! Can I ask who your SS is? Yea I know I was completely floored it’s really feeling like a home! Our bricks we’re done in a week, had the meeting on the 22/3 and finished on 26/3 😂 I kept saying the same thing get the roof on before the bad weather sets in! Not really at the brick meeting he said if there’s delays probably August if everything goes to plan July we’ll 5 months from slab I’m getting nervous it could be June 😂 our lease ends in August so fingers crossed mid July, so Jake can paint the house do the skirts and do the epoxy on the garage floor before we move

His name is James we haven't met him yet we met the slab supervisor but apparently that isnt the same bloke.
I think ours might be finished late this week or early next week. did your roof start straight away after they finished bricks?
I think you'll have keys in June early July they are flying through but they say when they get inside the trades get abit slower so you might be ok.

We have so much to do ourselves, flooring, painting, driveway and patio, landscaping, blinds.... my husband works away so we have people going in to do most of it we are hoping for keys in august!!
We have Brad he’s a pretty nice guy, yea they have a slab supervisor and a site supervisor I originally thought it was the same person,
The timbers were there the day after they finished and the roof frame started when our building inspector went out on the 28/3 they move really quick, there were a few things with the bricks and roof frames from each report but HG fixed them
so was quite impressed and there was no delay.
It’s going to feel like it’s dragging on once we’re locked out but the longer it takes the less time we have to pay rent and mortgage 🙂

And we got an email from ford and Doonan the day our plate height invoice went out.

Fingers crossed I would surprised if you don’t have keys by then with the speed they’re working at, hopefully the tradies after handover don’t take too long 😁 are you doing plaster or gyprock?
vanessah2015
We have Brad he’s a pretty nice guy, yea they have a slab supervisor and a site supervisor I originally thought it was the same person,
The timbers were there the day after they finished and the roof frame started when our building inspector went out on the 28/3 they move really quick, there were a few things with the bricks and roof frames from each report but HG fixed them
so was quite impressed and there was no delay.
It’s going to feel like it’s dragging on once we’re locked out but the longer it takes the less time we have to pay rent and mortgage 🙂

And we got an email from ford and Doonan the day our plate height invoice went out.

Fingers crossed I would surprised if you don’t have keys by then with the speed they’re working at, hopefully the tradies after handover don’t take too long 😁 are you doing plaster or gyprock?

Thats good news, hopefully it goes well on Wednesday..

we are doing same as you drywall so much better!! the paint finishes so well on it aswell.

i know paying rent and mortgage is killer!
The brickwork looks fantastic! I’m so excited for you it goes so quickly from brickwork to roof to walls to cabinets.
J278
The brickwork looks fantastic! I’m so excited for you it goes so quickly from brickwork to roof to walls to cabinets.

Thank you:) oh i hope so!! cant believe yours looks amazing tiles are done so well!! youll be in soon!
Yea Jake said Drywall would be better for painting, and it only needs a water based sealer and you can paint sooner 😁 he’s a painter so I just go with the flow for paint related things 😂

I hear you with rent and mortgage being a killer so looking forward to just mortgage 😁
vanessah2015
Yea Jake said Drywall would be better for painting, and it only needs a water based sealer and you can paint sooner 😁 he’s a painter so I just go with the flow for paint related things 😂

I hear you with rent and mortgage being a killer so looking forward to just mortgage 😁

oh really thats good to know and so hand for you! we have a family friend who is a painter who will be doing ours weve been lucky good to know people with different trades lol

Getting there! Roof Started Friday 4th May
Awesome 😁 should have a roof soon 🙂
Roof frame done, electrical cut in started we cant believe how quick its coming along! Roof tin is going on Monday

atemby
Roof frame done, electrical cut in started we cant believe how quick its coming along! Roof tin is going on Monday

Beautiful view from that stacker door wow
J278
atemby

Thanks will enjoy some wine out there once its finished haha.

have you got hand over yet? loving the new addition aswell so cute
atemby
J278
atemby

Thanks will enjoy some wine out there once its finished haha.

have you got hand over yet? loving the new addition aswell so cute

Not yet PCI next Friday I think they haven’t updated me yet. Thanks can’t wait to pick her up in 4 weeks!
Coming along nicely! At least roof will be on before the winter weather sets in, happy days!
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum