Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes / Avoca 23 / Handover 6th of August

Page 14 of 14
I wish we had of upgraded to the oyster. We went with urban because we upgraded way too much other stuff. All your colours look amazing. And love your wardrobe fit out, I’m definitely doing them in ours as well.
Great very helpful thanks
the Longreach is an acreage design so the bench is quite long. We did upgrade to the 40mm stone for the bench alone but fingers crossed looking at your price it shouldn't be over $1k to upgrade to the Oyster.
Tash801
I wish we had of upgraded to the oyster. We went with urban because we upgraded way too much other stuff. All your colours look amazing. And love your wardrobe fit out, I’m definitely doing them in ours as well.

I love the oyster so much. I kinda dislike our Urban in the bathroom, but I think its only with what it’s paired with on the floor haha, if we ran the main floor in the main bathroom I don’t think it would have bothered me

Thanks so much, the ikea pax is great! Much better than a rail, especially with something of that size
Bamford bliss
Great very helpful thanks
the Longreach is an acreage design so the bench is quite long. We did upgrade to the 40mm stone for the bench alone but fingers crossed looking at your price it shouldn't be over $1k to upgrade to the Oyster.

Fingers crossed! When is your colours appointment? I found their estimates on the day pretty close to the final numbers we got back
CC7
Tash801
Love the kitchen benches is that oyster or urban

Oyster
Covered in dust haha. The bathrooms have Urban in them though, and it's a tad warmer/browner than Oyster

Hi, Have been just browsing through your home pictures. It's so beautiful. We are yet to do our colours. Can you please tell me how much did it cost for those brown doors with tinted glass. It would be very helpful. Thanks. I m still hoping u receive this msg. 😊
Ive come to check on you, dont have much time to pop online these days- and WOW! How gorg is your home? Im still in love with your splashbacks!!! Your robe looks spectacular and so big. P.s - where is your coffee table from, please??
Haven’t posted here in a bit. Can’t remember what I updated with last. We have security screens now, went with a local company and very happy. I was worried it would cause use to use a lot of light, but it didn’t.

Yesterday we FINALLY had the shutters installed in the cut out of the master ensuite and the window. Amazing how much it completes the room

We still don’t have blinds, because I we aren’t work out what colour to go with. We have two options in mind, that are similar in colour strength but they pull slightly in different tones

We still don’t have landscaping done either haha, but the neighbours grass has been coming across... maybe we should have just filled our land and wait for it to fully come over
Dylandbrooke
Ive come to check on you, dont have much time to pop online these days- and WOW! How gorg is your home? Im still in love with your splashbacks!!! Your robe looks spectacular and so big. P.s - where is your coffee table from, please??

Thank you for your comment lovely! We love our splashbacks too.

Coffee table is from Nick Scali from their Levanzo range, we fell in love with it forever ago but not the price tag (which was the sale price tag) I managed to find it on gumtree for a fraction of the price! Extremely lucky

Hope your place has been doing great, I haven’t been on here in a while either
CC7
Haven’t posted here in a bit. Can’t remember what I updated with last. We have security screens now, went with a local company and very happy. I was worried it would cause use to use a lot of light, but it didn’t.

Yesterday we FINALLY had the shutters installed in the cut out of the master ensuite and the window. Amazing how much it completes the room

We still don’t have blinds, because I we aren’t work out what colour to go with. We have two options in mind, that are similar in colour strength but they pull slightly in different tones

We still don’t have landscaping done either haha, but the neighbours grass has been coming across... maybe we should have just filled our land and wait for it to fully come over

Shutters look great. I ended up doing this too after handover (although ALOT later lol).
The batten looks good but is very impractical.

vonsta76
CC7

Shutters look great. I ended up doing this too after handover (although ALOT later lol).

Shutters look amazing.
vonsta76
CC7

agree with the battens! while the shutter route is a lot more pricey, it's just so more practical. Gives the same effect as the battens
MrsAJ
vonsta76

Shutters look amazing.

Thanks

The other windows are screaming for attention now haha
Loving the shutters. Looks great.
CC7
Selections from a few weeks ago

Ensuite Bathroom
Floors: Highway Cement
Walls: Space White Gloss (600x300)
Splashback feature: Carrara Bianco Herringbone
Ceaserstone: Urban
Vanity: Polar white - natural finish

Main Bathroom
Same as above, no feature tile.

Main Toilet & Laundry
As both are on the opposite side of the hallway to the main bathroom, we have decided to have the floor tiles be the same as the main floor to flow better.
Laundry: Polar white (natural finish) to both cabinets and the laminate bench top, with small white rectangle splashback running the entire way in brickwork pattern

Kitchen
Main floors: Belga Grey - shine
Cabinets: Polar White - silk finish
Ceaserstone: Oyster (photos also show Urban but we have decided to go ahead for the extra cost for Oyster, the second visit to the official showroom at Yatala and seeing the huge slabs in the warehouse out the back made up our mind)
Splashback: Nostalgia Carrara Gloss (75x300) laid in herringbone with Magellan Grey grout
We originally wanted the same marble we did for the ensuite, but she quoted us with $1500 and we said noppppe. We were a little heartbroken and clueless until she told us about this tile. As it’s not marble it won’t need to be sealed, and it was only around $250 upgrade so it was the winner, we are hoping it looks nice

Hi CC7,

How r u doing? We have finished our selections and still waiting for quote. How much did they cost you for silk finish in kitchen?
Will they allow us to make changes after colour selections??
MrsAJ
CC7
Selections from a few weeks ago

Ensuite Bathroom
Floors: Highway Cement
Walls: Space White Gloss (600x300)
Splashback feature: Carrara Bianco Herringbone
Ceaserstone: Urban
Vanity: Polar white - natural finish

Main Bathroom
Same as above, no feature tile.

Main Toilet & Laundry
As both are on the opposite side of the hallway to the main bathroom, we have decided to have the floor tiles be the same as the main floor to flow better.
Laundry: Polar white (natural finish) to both cabinets and the laminate bench top, with small white rectangle splashback running the entire way in brickwork pattern

Kitchen
Main floors: Belga Grey - shine
Cabinets: Polar White - silk finish
Ceaserstone: Oyster (photos also show Urban but we have decided to go ahead for the extra cost for Oyster, the second visit to the official showroom at Yatala and seeing the huge slabs in the warehouse out the back made up our mind)
Splashback: Nostalgia Carrara Gloss (75x300) laid in herringbone with Magellan Grey grout
We originally wanted the same marble we did for the ensuite, but she quoted us with $1500 and we said noppppe. We were a little heartbroken and clueless until she told us about this tile. As it’s not marble it won’t need to be sealed, and it was only around $250 upgrade so it was the winner, we are hoping it looks nice

Hi CC7,

How r u doing? We have finished our selections and still waiting for quote. How much did they cost you for silk finish in kitchen?
Will they allow us to make changes after colour selections??

just responded to your PM
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum