Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Budget

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, just looking for some feedback on our budget please.

This is our initial breakdown. We are looking to knock down and rebuild a home of around 28sq, single storey.

Site prep
Demolition up to $30k
Site costs up to $50k

House Build
Base price up to $300k
Façade up to $20k
Upgrades up to $30k

House Finishing
Internal (blinds etc) up to $30k
External Driveway and landscaping up to $40k

Do these figures sound reasonable?

Many thanks
Yes I think so. Do you need retaining walls? Or is your land flat?

Its flat
A couple of trees to be removed though.
Very generous budgeting, you'll do well with those numbers
Caydenn
Very generous budgeting, you'll do well with those numbers

Thank you! Always a bonus if there is money left at the end!
Just remember the base prices for houses mean very little, once they add everything in you end up at a much higher number.

I think it's safe to say add 30% to base pricing to achieve an accurate build cost, even before driveway and landscaping etc.

-Caydenn
I think your house finishing budget is probably more generous than it needs to be, window coverings could be $5-12k (ish). Landscaping doesn’t need to cost that much, ours is about $6k fencing (neighbours paying half excluding gates), $5k site levelling and retaining (but it is pretty level), $10k driveway and 1 concrete side path. The rest I don’t anticipate more than $10k (topsoil, turf, garden beds, plants, letterbox)...so maybe take $10k off that unless you are having a deck built or something.
Your upgrade budget needs more wiggle room IMO but hopefully that can come from your finishing budget or site costs

Thanks Mand M+4, very helpful!
Yep the upgrades needs to double haha. For me anyways.

Related
6/07/2023
Renovation on a budget

Renovation + Home Improvement

Coming back to your old stomping grounds, huh? Renovations on a budget can be quite the journey. It's like giving your house a new lease on life. The twist of not knowing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum