Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GJ Gardner - Week 17 - Completed

Page 5 of 7
dillongl
Wow so fast!! We get our update tomorrow but looking more like week of 26th for handover, can’t come quick enough!!!

That will be perfect! Has your builder organised the occupation certificate as of yet and have you organised a date for your bank evaluation. I'm abit confused about all that stuff and my broker isnt really giving much away. Just want it to happen smoothly so we can have keys on the 19th haha
No idea, in the dark about the procedure as well! I’ve only been told SS he’s trying to book a PCI walk through after 12/3 so I’m guessing two weeks from then hopefully for handover From what I can gather it’s 7-10 days for handover/keys after PCI so maybe in that time they organise occup cert along with rectifications???
Skcel
Week 14 update,

Painting is now completed, driveway is suppose to be in sometime this week hoping for today or tomorrow. Front door and posts have been stained also. Final electrical / plumbing fitouts are next week. The following week flooring is booked in aswell as a final yard tidy / level. Turf, fencing and letterbox will be the last things completed which will be the same week the cleaners come in. NBN already booked in for the 19th also which is perfect!

can I ask what stain you have on your front door and post ? Love it x

galleriamad
Skcel
Week 14 update,

Painting is now completed, driveway is suppose to be in sometime this week hoping for today or tomorrow. Front door and posts have been stained also. Final electrical / plumbing fitouts are next week. The following week flooring is booked in aswell as a final yard tidy / level. Turf, fencing and letterbox will be the last things completed which will be the same week the cleaners come in. NBN already booked in for the 19th also which is perfect!

can I ask what stain you have on your front door and post ? Love it x

Not 100% sure what stain it is exactly we just found a photo of one we really liked and asked for it to be similar. They made it better though. Ill ask them though and get back to you!
Update end of Week 15,

Had a meeting with the SS this morning as he was working on our house completing the final fittings. Just dropped off our pendant lights and ceiling fans. Electricians have installed all the powerpoints and switches yesterday. Driveway is boxed up to be concreted on Monday morning. All our final items have arrived; Microwave, oven, dishwasher, range hood, vanities, fittings for doors, bathrooms etc
The only bad this was they were delivered and left inside the garage and not locked up. So somebody could have parked there car in the driveway and just completed there home haha. Was lucky that for the first time since painting the back sliding door was unlocked so we were able to lock the house up to avoid that.

Have booked in our PCI for thursday next week. Then a week of cleaning/ touch-ups will follow before we get our keys on the 19th or maybe earlier (hopefully) really happy with the progress and are really excited now!
Fantastic news!
Wow that's awesome progress! Lucky that you were able to get in and secure everything. We were able to get into our house for all of our build lol. Not long to go now. How exciting!
Just started following house looks great and 15 weeks is great!
marz1983
Just started following house looks great and 15 weeks is great!

Thanks marz! We are about 2 weeks out now pending how long occupation certificate takes. This week will be the most exciting week yet as our final fittings, lights, floors and driveway will be completed 😍
Driveway got poured today! Really happy with the result still have to top coat it tomorrow. They even laid a step down from the laundry and a pad for the watertank!

Yay that's awesome. Looks good, the colour goes well. They didn't cut the gutter for the driveway crossover?
allblaqk
Yay that's awesome. Looks good, the colour goes well. They didn't cut the gutter for the driveway crossover?

What do you mean about the driveway crossover? They cut lines today across the driveway horizontally about 4 and than vertically down the centre. What else is required normally?
Skcel
allblaqk

What do you mean about the driveway crossover? They cut lines today across the driveway horizontally about 4 and than vertically down the centre. What else is required normally?

They've left your kerb as guttering at the end if your driveway rather than the usual softer slope you'd expect (referred to as a crossover).
blackcat20
Skcel
allblaqk

They've left your kerb as guttering at the end if your driveway rather than the usual softer slope you'd expect (referred to as a crossover).

Oh i thought the crossover was the gap between the letterbox - curb thats owned by the council. Its all been cut correctly today notherthless.
Skcel
blackcat20

Oh i thought the crossover was the gap between the letterbox - curb thats owned by the council. Its all been cut correctly today notherthless.

Glad to hear its sorted.
Skcel

Thats good
I used to live in a unit complex and all the driveways had gutters and it was horrible to drive over and out everyday. Glad its sorted.
Update;

We went up yesterday to see what had been completed as this is our final week of fitout. When we got there the SS turned up to complete some more fitouts (hes contracting to GJ because they dont have enough builders to do fitouts) which is abit odd but im not worried because hes really good and does a good job. The driveway has the sealer completed and it looks so good we are incredibly happy with it. The electrical fitout continues, all the lights, switches, powerpoints are completed just have the pendants and applicanes left. Floors got started yesterday and will be finished today aswell as carpet. The plumber arrives today to install vanities, bath and taps etc. By the end of the week all fitout should be done.

The SS advised they are trying to get keys to us next week which would be a week early we got a rude shock as there is alot of patching up to be completed mainly with the painter. Holes in some walls from other trades alot of defects and he advised the painter is off next week. We are not sure whether we should take keys with so much fixing need to be done. He advised once we do PCI well write everything down and he would have it all fixed up. PCI is Monday at 3pm
Wow a week early, that’s great! Still waiting to hear about mine, the waiting is killing me!!! Hope PCI goes well
Thats exciting - you are so close to the finish line. Its going to look amazing once all the fit offs are done!
We got abit excited this afternoon and got a headstart on our front door feature. Thinking we might add some small green plants or keep it with the white stone and add a water feature or a buddha. We did purchase a beautiful buddha for the front door already awhile back but think it might get flogged unless we bolt it down or something. I'm hoping by doing abit of landscaping the builder thinks holy smokes these guys are keen and get the keys to us asap.. its a win win really.

On another note, the pendant lights, oven and rangehood and im guessing the dishwasher aswell are installed, couldn't really see because the house is locked up again and they found the window we we're sneaking through! All fittings are installed, taps/vanities/toilets. Instant gas hot water system is also installed. Carpets have been laid in 2 rooms so far and nothing further done on the vinyl yet. I guess it will also be done tomorrow. Only things that remain are our free standing bath tub which i reckon goodluck to them getting it through the bathroom door with the shower in and a final clean of inside and site clean outside / level for turf. Bob cat was parked there today so i dare say that will be happening tomorrow. Fencing is booked in for next week aswell as turf and we are in! Wahooo better start packing 🙃🙃

Related
1/04/2024
Unsigned variations after a new home is completed

Building A New House

Any advice on a builder in NSW who is demanding an extra 22000k after the house is completed and contract paid in full .Standard HIA contract. Never received a variation.…

24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum