Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Vinyl plank flooting - loose lay

Page 1 of 1
Hi. We are almost ready to lay our vinyl planks in our new house.

My question is, do we have the builder attach the skirting boards before or after we lay the vinyl planks?
Does anyone have any tips for us before we start?
Thank you
We had to pay our builder to raise our skirting so we can put planks under it - otherwise they just put it on and you have to have ugly scotia bead everywhere. If your builder will just add it after you are laughing, but I'd be speaking to them ASAP. Are you doing the floors yourself?

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
I think because the vinyl doesn’t expand and contract like the wood and laminate that it can be laid hard up to the skirting and doesn’t need beading. I think have the skirting put on after would still achieve a better look. Our builder is laying ours for us now as part of our package but I did allot of research into laying our own before we signed up to this package.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Bridgetwitch
We had to pay our builder to raise our skirting so we can put planks under it - otherwise they just put it on and you have to have ugly scotia bead everywhere. If your builder will just add it after you are laughing, but I'd be speaking to them ASAP. Are you doing the floors yourself?

- B

Yes, we are laying the planks ourselves. Builder has left skirting off for us to lay them but I thought it may be easier for him to finish then painter could paint them
sparrowsnest
I think because the vinyl doesn’t expand and contract like the wood and laminate that it can be laid hard up to the skirting and doesn’t need beading. I think have the skirting put on after would still achieve a better look. Our builder is laying ours for us now as part of our package but I did allot of research into laying our own before we signed up to this package.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

OK thank you. Skirting has been left off for us to lay it, so many Ill just go with that
lee_0620
sparrowsnest

OK thank you. Skirting has been left off for us to lay it, so maybe Ill just go with that
lee_0620
Bridgetwitch

- B

Yes, we are laying the planks ourselves. Builder has left skirting off for us to lay them but I thought it may be easier for him to finish then painter could paint them

Lay then skirt... better finish no matter what type of flooring you have!

- B

Related
26/03/2024
Help! Why are my hybrid floors coming loose?

General Discussion

A Sabco spin mop, minimal moisture, not very regularly. I was told these hybrids are water resistant 🤷‍♀️

6/10/2023
installing vinyl planks underlay

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi l plan to install a self adhesive vinyl plank floor. l first need to attach masonite boards underlay to by plywood subfloor of my house. What size nails and how many…

24/10/2023
Need advice - vinyl over kitchen tiles

General Discussion

Levelling compound Ardit is the best but buy a bag of sand and make sand dam to protect your wood floor

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum