Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fowler homes site costs, slab and variations costs

Page 1 of 1
Hi. We've bought a block out at leppington and are looking at building with Eden brae when I stumbled across Fowler emporium package. It has most of the inclusions we were looking at upgrading through Eden brae. EBH tend to be fairly bare and charge like a wounded bull for upgrades.
My question is what are Fowler site costs like seeing they aren't fixed like EBH. We have 500mm fall from rear to front. Are the Excessive? Costs for extra piering? H slab and saline costs? Brick upgrades? Timber look roller door? Step in niches, power points etc. Is there anything we've overlooked and haven't picked up on that's not included? Tender extension? Oh and what's the quality of their builds like these days?
Any info and feedback would be greatly appreciated
stay away from Fowler ... i beg you.
Nikym81
Get your own drawing designs, species, engineering and put it to tender with 3 builders
Ensure everything is included and avoid $ticker $hock
This has been discussed many times previously Site works Costs
StructuralBIMGGuy says
"Get your own drawing designs, species, engineering and put it to tender with 3 builders
Ensure everything is included and avoid $ticker $hock
This has been discussed many times previously Site works Costs"

You are advocating custom build for everyone. By that alone you are creating a sticker shock over project build. In an ideal world custom build would be fine but we live in a world that is not ideal.

Well, not everyone has the time, aptitude and the budget for a custom build. Most people are busy with what they do and simply want to walk into a display and select what they like and what they can afford.
That is why project builders are so successfull because they have appealing displays and packages at prices below custom build.
The trick is then to help them in their building journey and save them from blunders. For that, you don't need an engineer but an experienced building consultant.
building-expert
The trick is then to help them in their building journey and save them from blunders.

That is the exact "Salesmans Bu!!$i/" that the New Home Building consultants spins clients..LOL,other top lines include:
1.You will be treated like our own family?
2.We will sort everything thing out in the office later?
3.The company is losing money on this job..I've blown my commission?
4. You are getting the deal of the century?
LOL..and i can go on.
Salesman on commissions rank at the bottom of the trusted Professional Rankings
I think there is middle ground, why are project builders allowed to seemingly get away with regular poor work, some customers get good results, some get horrific results, it's got lots to do with how potential customers approach their new build search, they nearly all go look at heaps of displays, then pick one based on inclusions and house design, this is their first potentially fatal step, they almost never check out actual builds from their areas of actual customers, this is the true build quality you can expect, how foolish and misguided is it to think, there displays aren't, t absolutely best possible work done with effort put in you can't or won't get, for numerous reasons, yes your entitled to display
Quality, but in reality it won't happen.
Most won't get a pre contract inspection, big mistake, your just time away from been told, it's in your contract, you must have knowledge on your side so you are aware, and your builder knows, your got knowledge and know your rights.
Another mistake is to not learn more about building practices, no excuses, there's so many ways to learn.
When you know what you are buying, salesman bullsheet becomes obvious, all salesman will take you for a journey or a ride, it's up to individuals to maximise their chances of getting a good build, I never buy before learning, time poor is no excuse, as I work 6_7 days, I want to learn about what I'm buying, anything less is basically can't be bothered, most will do more homework on buying a phone, learn or risk Russian roulette, buyer beware.

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum