Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon - Chelsea 37

Page 4 of 5
zooch84
BrentandAllison
zooch84
Thanks Dulie, they would want to be for the price they are!

LOL- heck yes... we could have purchased a second kitchen for what our alfresco was going to cost to get timber lined! Ha ha

Looks amazing though!

Thanks Ill take some new ones with the Cabolts Charcoal stain over it, really sets it off

It's alot of black, and you do lose the wood effect, but the black really pops.

Between the front, alfresco and entry way was around $25K of tassy oak, your 2nd kitchen isn't far off the mark hahaha

Look forward to seeing pics! And ouch! Good reminder of why we don't have timber ceilings! Very jealous hehehe
This is with the stain, still needs a final coat but it will just deepen the colour somewhat

We might be in before xmas if we're lucky

Looks great! Love the dark stains.
We finally have some lights and action today!

Cleaner is meant to come tomorrow, followed by the Sealer and external carpenter on Friday

Still on track to have PCI by EOM with handover in mid October, fingers crossed
zooch84

Cleaner is meant to come tomorrow, followed by the Sealer and external carpenter on Friday

Looks great....love your timber ceilings....what tiles did you use for the outdoor room. We are still trying to work that out and portico?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
excited_builders
zooch84

Looks great....love your timber ceilings....what tiles did you use for the outdoor room. We are still trying to work that out and portico?

They are just the standard black/grey external tiles from National Tiles, 400x400 in size (https://www.nationaltiles.com.au/simpli ... ernal-tile)

The arguments that were had due to the 2 tone effect were amazing, they couldn’t make sense of it. Why having a square of grey and black border was difficult i’ll never know

On other news our PCI is booked in for Tuesday next week, finally just at the finishing touches stage
Good luck with PCI...

So PCI had to get cancelled as the painters who were supposed to turn up last week didn't until Tuesday

They did however get finished yesterday.

We also got our appliances installed except the range hood as the lip to hold it is too big and it won't fit.

Carpets were meant to get done today, but didn't turn up, in truth with the rain etc I'm glad they didn't, so maybe tomorrow sometime

M's QA team is supposed to be going through Thursday next week along with the final roof check and certification etc.

PCI won't be until Friday next week at the earliest, probably monday of the week after. We are supposed to be getting handover on the Tuesday, but i can't see how having PCI and Handover one day apart will work..so assume that will be put off as well. Probably end up being a couple of days after, the SM has already got alot of the leg work done so it really is just a final checkover.

Some photo's showing the appliances, with a piccy of the new doggy we'll be picking up on the 17th of this month

zooch84
So PCI had to get cancelled as the painters who were supposed to turn up last week didn't until Tuesday

We also got our appliances installed except the range hood as the lip to hold it is too big and it won't fit.

Carpets were meant to get done today, but didn't turn up, in truth with the rain etc I'm glad they didn't, so maybe tomorrow sometime

M's QA team is supposed to be going through Thursday next week along with the final roof check and certification etc.

PCI won't be until Friday next week at the earliest, probably monday of the week after. We are supposed to be getting handover on the Tuesday, but i can't see how having PCI and Handover one day apart will work..so assume that will be put off as well. Probably end up being a couple of days after, the SM has already got alot of the leg work done so it really is just a final checkover.

Some photo's showing the appliances, with a piccy of the new doggy we'll be picking up on the 17th of this month

Ok good luck we too have PCI next week....but don't have appliances, solar heater or tank done and a host of other electrical misses. How is everything tracking for you....do u have a lot of fixes that will be required or is it nearly done.

excited_builders
zooch84

Ok good luck we too have PCI next week....but don't have appliances, solar heater or tank done and a host of other electrical misses. How is everything tracking for you....do u have a lot of fixes that will be required or is it nearly done.

From what I can tell its just a few things that need to be finished off, a whole downpipe has to be installed (they had to wait for render to be done) plus just a little bit of gyprocking and patching etc

Aside that, theres just a few tiny things more cosmetic, things like little chips and dinks in paint etc

I'm there all the time and there doesnt seem to be much that they need to do to finish, ill give them kudos to the fact they have done a good job on the actual finish. The structural side of it seems fine to me as a layman, but i have to wait for my final inspection, but even then I dont think there will be much

I just hope we dont get delayed on handover, ive got things booked in that I don't really want to change around, plus i have to start getting things like Opticomm and comms/electricians in asap etc.

Also dont worry about appliances/tank etc not being in. It's actually quite normal for that all to get done post PCI, as you need the ability to see everything structurally prior to that stuff going in. It actually works in your favour to have it as a blank canvass.
zooch84

Aww what a cutie.
So finally a update:

Carpets got mostly installed yesterday, still haven't done one room. Apparently the SM and the carpet installers ended up in a argument and they threatened to walk off the site....but they still managed to get it mostly installed.

SM has had the CM come through and identified around 45 defects and they are apparently around 95% complete. We (finally) have our PCI booked for Tuesday (2 weeks after the original date mind you) and then the M QA is coming through on Wednesday.

God knows when handover will happen, hopefully either the weekend or very early the following week.

The whole thing is bordering on the insane, how and why it can take 10 months to build a single story house i'll never fully understand.

The most annoying aspect of the whole thing has been that tradies will get 3/4 of a job done, then they come back and do 1/2 of that 1/4 left then another small bit and another, instead of just getting everything done at the one time. It's now at the point where the the whole thing is tarnised by this experience, what should of been a good thing has turned into something that I just want to see the end of, moving into it won't be as fulfilling as it should of been.

But we are nearly done, suppose thats a plus
Finally had our PCI today

Went well, only had about 7 or so defects listed, plus probably 15 places for painters to touch up/repaint

Full QA will be going ahead on Friday and SM is pretty confident will not get major markdown or additions from today

Hopefully handover will be mid to late next week, fingers crossed

Woo!

Today’s update

M’s QA is all done, all went well, not a huge amount of things that came up, mainly just rattles/squeaks etc

Waiting on final account to get completed then we should have handover sometime early to mid next week (so they say)

Really only 3 things that prevent us moving in and that is carpet/gutter and gas connection but all are organised and all aside gas is a easy rectification. Gas is a problem as M doesnt control it so can’t g’tee that it will get done. We should be able to get IOC without it though as the house is technically livable

On some positive news M let us do our driveway and front stairs and also install all the blinds and ZipTrak we ordered

Pics below

Finally some good news!

Final accounts have been done, SM is going to pick up keys this afternoon.

Just have to wait for one bit of carpet to be done and we can get a handover date.

Should be all done by Thursday or Friday

1pm tomorrow we get handover

Finally phase 1 of the nightmare is over, now begins the illustrious duty of finishing off and moving

zooch84
1pm tomorrow we get handover

Finally phase 1 of the nightmare is over, now begins the illustrious duty of finishing off and moving

Congratulations mate.. that’s awesome news
Congrats!
Aaaand done. Now the moving begins!

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum