Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Individual Design - New Choice Homes

Page 17 of 19
It's all come together so well. Countdown to PCI is on, exciting!
J278
Your paving looks so great. Awesome colour choice. Yay for a pci date! Almost there

Thanks we can't wait to get to the finish line and get started on next bit. Hope everthing has/is coming along nicely at your place.
Summitlovin

Thanks our selections have come together as visulized and we can't wait to get started on the next stage, however it feels more like relief than excitement.
Choosy
Summitlovin

Thanks our selections have come together as visulized and we can't wait to get started on the next stage, however it feels more like relief than excitement.

I can see where you're coming from. I feel more relief that i am in my home rather than excitement. It's definitely a journey but the outcome makes it worthwhile.
Bit of progress since our meeting. The mounting boxes have been removed from the garage GPOs and light switches and replaced with clipsal iconic and the fuse box has been recessed.

I still don't like not having a frame on the glass around the shower nibs and the cxapy gaps in the sealant caused by the spacers. Unfortunaetly stuck with this until after the maintance period as we never noticed it on the working drawings and it was never discussed at pre-start, such a shame as most of their Select and Aspire inclusions are very good.

PCI all done, only a few minor tweaks. We sent the paperwork to the bank a few days ago and ticked the cheque box so just waiting to get a notification from the bank so that we can lock in the final inspection and handover.
We purchased all our interior wall sealer and paint today, lucky we did as they no longer have the RAC discount, however we did get the EOFY 30% off which meant we saved more πŸ’²πŸ’².

We have keys πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ and a lovely hamper, just in time for some sunny painting weather.

Choosy
We have keys πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ and a lovely hamper, just in time for some sunny painting weather.

Congratulations on keys! It looks really good bet you can’t wait to move in
vanessah2015
Choosy

Congratulations on keys! It looks really good bet you can’t wait to move in

Thanks, got a bit to do before we can move in, just glad to be starting tomorrow.
Congrats choosy!! It looks beautiful. Well done
J278
Congrats choosy!! It looks beautiful. Well done

Cheers, can't wait to get started on the after handover list it.
Congratulations! Can't wait to see what it looks like once you've finished all your handover bits!
nicolac34
Congratulations! Can't wait to see what it looks like once you've finished all your handover bits!

Thanks, we cant wait either. Hopefully we will have the walls sealed this weekend.
A little over two weeks since we got the keys and other than the wet areas we have finshed painting. The Aquaplank flooring has been 99.9% finished and the first round of skirting has been painted ready to be installed. The electrican is due to start tomorrow, robe fitouts are booked for next week followed by carpet shortly after.

Choosy

Like the pendant lights.
Do you mind telling where you got them from and how much? Thanks.
Doc Freeman
Choosy

Like the pendant lights.
Do you mind telling where you got them from and how much? Thanks.

The pendants are called Sloan and I purchased them from Sonya lighting for $99 however they are available online and no doubt other lighting outlets.
Hi Choosy

I have watched your build with much interest, as we are doing a similar thing to you (demolish and custom build in an established area).

We've recently signed with New Choice and I will start my own thread once we've gotten underway.
thme
Hi Choosy

I have watched your build with much interest, as we are doing a similar thing to you (demolish and custom build in an established area).

We've recently signed with New Choice and I will start my own thread once we've gotten underway.

Sorry for the late reply been super busy since we got the keys. Hope you have collected lots of info, facts, hints and ideas on Homeone for your build, wishing you all the best.
The robe insets and sliders were fitted on Monday by Lifestyle Wardrobes. Really happy with the bedroom fitouts and our laundry grey and white laminate combo looks great with the other laundry cupboards.Skirting boards are in progress again and carpet booked for early next week.

Related
10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum