Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Individual Design - New Choice Homes

Page 16 of 19
I didn't even know you could change the garage concrete pigment! Looks really nice. You've also had me googling treatments for the shower screens! Are you doing that yourself or getting someone in?

You've got a really decent garden, do you know what you plan to do out the back?
nicolac34
I didn't even know you could change the garage concrete pigment! Looks really nice. You've also had me googling treatments for the shower screens! Are you doing that yourself or getting someone in?

You've got a really decent garden, do you know what you plan to do out the back?

We are planning to do the shower screen treatments ourselves at the moment.

I have got a rough plan for our backyard however waiting for hubby to confirm the shed size.
Even though we have just under 13mtrs to the back fence I plan to keep it simple and low maintenance. We will be planting some more native bushes to go with the ones that survived and some grass for the dog, just have to find a retaining wall product like we have at our current place. We plan to do concrete to the alfresco, rear and laundry side plus the side access.
Couple of updated pics. They have also started on the driveway and crossover prep work.

The garage sectional door was installed today however the wet weather has meant that the acrylic render can not be done until the walls dry and this will delay the paving.

Had a heart stopping moment when I spotted the monster sized GPO on the kitchen island, emailed our CL who has advised that this will be getting rectified.

That's a shame things will be delayed - so close to the end as well! Hopefully all this rain breaks soon and we get back to some sunshine.
nicolac34
That's a shame things will be delayed - so close to the end as well! Hopefully all this rain breaks soon and we get back to some sunshine.

We are looking forward to a few days of sunshine, its been such a long wait for the render.
Choosy
nicolac34

We are looking forward to a few days of sunshine, its been such a long wait for the render.

tomorrow is looking good but if not, then monday hopefully they can get it done for you
Given the weather forecast it could be 1-2 weeks before the walls are dry enough to render, anyone got a big tarpaulin hahaha. Good news is the pavers have been delivered today.
Choosy
Given the weather forecast it could be 1-2 weeks before the walls are dry enough to render, anyone got a big tarpaulin hahaha. Good news is the pavers have been delivered today.

oh bugger! What about a giant heater? hahaha. I'm sure the wait will be worth it. My pavers were done today so i am sure no matter what the weather yours can also be done!
Choosy

Good news about the pavers, sucks about the render really hoping the rain stops soon 😩
Yay for a break in the rain the renders were able to apply the acrylic texture coat today.

Doors handles and towel rails were done last week.

The render colour looks so good against your bricks! Can't be much left to finish off now?
nicolac34
The render colour looks so good against your bricks! Can't be much left to finish off now?

Thanks I went with Basalt so that the bricks would stand out and it should make a good backdrop to the front gardens.

Not much to go now, paving, meter box and replacement door needs painting, flyscreens and few loose odds and ends that the SS needs to follow up.
Choosy
Yay for a break in the rain the renders were able to apply the acrylic texture coat today.

Doors handles and towel rails were done last week.

Love how well your render colour goes with the bricks really makes them pop
Island GPO has been sorted nice and flush to the bench now.

Flyscreens were installed on Friday and the paving crew were onsite this morning, can't wait to get the concrete in the alfresco done and reduce the amount of sand.

We have a meeting with the SS tomorrow morning to run through some items that we have noted, other than our bits and the painters finishing there does not appear to be much left.
Choosy
Flyscreens were installed on Friday and the paving crew were onsite this morning, can't wait to get the concrete in the alfresco done and reduce the amount of sand.

We have a meeting with the SS tomorrow morning to run through some items that we have noted, other than our bits and the painters finishing there does not appear to be much left.

Looking good choosy! Not to much longer to go
Not long now just waiting to hear back from our CL for a PCI date, hopefully next week.
Paving was finished this afternoon, photo taken this morning in between the rain.

PCI booked for the 28.6.18, 31 weeks since slab down and about 12 weeks since lockout. I fine tuned our landscaping plan and submitted it to Reece Plumbing last night, should have our irrigation plan back in a week. Lucky that I had dabbled with Sketchup before as hubby failed to mention that I had to do the plan online..... it is not perfect but not bad for a evening effort.

Your paving looks so great. Awesome colour choice. Yay for a pci date! Almost there
Related
10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum