Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Individual Design - New Choice Homes

Page 15 of 19
nicolac34
Lots of progress - love your splashback tiles and the bathrooms are looking great.

We get solar from the developer as part of the package, 6kwh they are putting on - hopefully enough!

We are thrilled that we have achieved the look we wanted with the tiles, especially after the last minute adjustment.

Hubby and I are currently evaluating the Solar and Air Con quotes however after speaking with a couple of solar suppliers the 6kw-ish with the 5kw inverter sounds like a good size.
Choosy
nicolac34
Lots of progress - love your splashback tiles and the bathrooms are looking great.

We get solar from the developer as part of the package, 6kwh they are putting on - hopefully enough!

We are thrilled that we have achieved the look we wanted with the tiles, especially after the last minute adjustment.

Hubby and I are currently evaluating the Solar and Air Con quotes however after speaking with a couple of solar suppliers the 6kw-ish with the 5kw inverter sounds like a good size.

Can you get bigger than a 5kw inverter? I've got a 5kw Fronius inverter for my 4.4kw system
Summitlovin
Choosy
nicolac34

Can you get bigger than a 5kw inverter? I've got a 5kw Fronius inverter for my 4.4kw system

The 5kw inverter is apparently the largest that you can get the feed-in tariff if you make more than you use. You can get bigger inverters however they are used mostly on very big power users eg business premises or if you have the battery storage which we will also wait for prices to fall.
Provisional Air Con layout

Oven is installed and insulation has been delivered.

The list of remaining items for the builder is getting smaller.
Electrical finals
Grano - coloured
Internal doors and frames final coat
External texture coat
Door handles
Shower screens and mirrors
Limestone base for paving
Paving to driveway, crossover and hardstand
Sectional garage door
Flyscreens

The after handover list
Sealing pavers
Glass, tiling and grout treated
Robe fit outs by Lifestyle wardrobes
Painting
Floor coverings
Window treatments
LED and extra lighting
Reverse cycle system
Solar system
Shed
Grano to alfresco + more
Retic
Lawns & Gardens
The insulation was installed today and the electricians were on-site during the morning however they had the wrong smoke detectors, no doubt they will be back to finish things soon.
We received our latest construction update and over the next fortnight the garage grano will be done, gloss coat to internal doors and prep work for the limestone base for the paving will begin.
We have been working through our to-do list and have ordered 142sq mtrs of Aquaplank Daydream laminate flooring and arranged the realignment/repair of our fencing, yay two less things to do.
Choosy
The insulation was installed today and the electricians were on-site during the morning however they had the wrong smoke detectors, no doubt they will be back to finish things soon.
We received our latest construction update and over the next fortnight the garage grano will be done, gloss coat to internal doors and prep work for the limestone base for the paving will begin.
We have been working through our to-do list and have ordered 142sq mtrs of Aquaplank Daydream laminate flooring and arranged the realignment/repair of our fencing, yay two less things to do.

It feels good when you start crossing things off the to do list! Do you have a picture of your chosen flooring?
Would also love to see your flooring
Hey SL & J278,
We ended up staying with the lighter colour in the photos below. The boards are 1800L x 238W so should be easy enough to DIY and I have been forwarned that they will be going vertical to my kitchen island hahaha, which works well with the alfresco and hallway light stream. Should keep hubby and helpers busy after we have painted the house.

Choosy
Hey SL & J278,
We ended up staying with the lighter colour in the photos below. The boards are 1800L x 238W so should be easy enough to DIY and I have been forwarned that they will be going vertical to my kitchen island hahaha, which works well with the alfresco and hallway light stream. Should keep hubby and helpers busy after we have painted the house.

Love your choice. Good on you guys for DYI some of the work. I just don’t have that kind of time or motivation 😂
The Smokey Blue garage floor was done today.

Choosy

That looks so good! Was it an upgrade?
J278
Choosy

That looks so good! Was it an upgrade?

Yes the colour pigment was an upgrade, will be interesting to see how it changes over the next few days.
Managed to get a few fences done this week, at least we have two happy neighbours. Pictures taken before this evenings red weather alert cleanup.

Shower screens and mirrors being fitted this morning, fitter was working on the bathroom one when I poped in so only have a photo of the ensuite.

Choosy
Shower screens and mirrors being fitted this morning, fitter was working on the bathroom one when I poped in so only have a photo of the ensuite.

Nice double shower head - if we build again we’ll be sure to do that!
J278
Choosy

Nice double shower head - if we build again we’ll be sure to do that!

Lucky they look good in the end and we can easily reach to flick mixer. We upgraded the GHW unit to a 26Ltr so hopefully we will have enough pressure for both. You should have seen the bemused look our eldest gave us when he saw the shower head with the hose, I told him its for when heeee cleans the showers, hopefully the hoses will flatten out with hot water or I'll come home one day and they will be gone hahaha.
Choosy

It’s looking great choosy 😁 you mustn’t be far off from PCI now
?
vanessah2015
Choosy

It’s looking great choosy 😁 you mustn’t be far off from PCI now
?

The SS mentioned that our PCI should be 10 weeks from lock up and currently it appears that they are on schedule for next month.
Only been a couple of days since the garage floor was pored however the colour is looking similar to the dry patch on the paving sample, hopefully it should look similar to the wet paver when sealed.

Related
10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum