Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aveling Build - Rosehill Waters

Page 13 of 13
Little update from me! So we collected our keys on Wednesday, our painter was there ready to start as we were finishing up our handover meeting - he finished up yesterday so we are on track to get everything finished this week and move in next weekend. Can’t wait now, lots to do but it’s all really exciting seeing it start to become a home. Spotted a few issues that we’ll follow up with Aveling, hopefully we don’t have to wait until our 6 month check, but if we do it’s nothing major.

Air conditioning goes in tomorrow, skirting for the carpeted areas on Tuesday, Flooring Wednesday and Thursday, blinds, dressing room & skirting for the timber on Friday!

Congratulations on getting the keys to your home. Glad that everthing has/is coming together in time for you to move.
We are in! We moved into the house on Sunday 10 days after getting the keys - was a very busy 10 days!! Thankfully all the trades we had managed to work around each other and everything was finished off on the Friday. We spent Saturday cleaning and getting it ready for the big move in on Sunday.

Pool went in on Monday (very exciting) and since then it's been a steady stream of people coming through the door finishing off last bits. Have intelligent homes coming out today to do the handover and just the landscaping and alarm to get finalised now. Still need to figure out where things are going to live, and work out where things have been unpacked too... good idea to have helpers unpack, but then I am starting to think maybe I should have done it myself!

Annoyingly our house is not on google maps, so directing people here has been fun. Also means we can't get Ubers or Ubereats yet as it doesn't exist!! Not sure how to fix it as it's clearly on the satellite view but nothing on the map.

I'll post some pics on the next post of a few rooms we've managed to get furnished so far.

perfect..
nicolac34

Looks amazing!! makes me so excited for key hand over lol!
May I ask how your move went with a cat? I'm not sure how my furbaby will react to it.

Lot126
May I ask how your move went with a cat? I'm not sure how my furbaby will react to it.

I moved with a 5 month kitten. He was shaking initially but i got a feliway diffuser to help him settle in. Took probably 4 weeks for him to be his usual self. Other than the move itself and it being a new environment, as it's a new build i think all the different smells can be a bit overwhelming for them too!
Lot126

She was fine, but we’ve moved a lot in her 11 years! She came with us from England so she’s pretty much accustomed to being shipped here there and everywhere. Had a scout around for a while but now she’s comfortable. We keep her in for a while (probably longer than normally would but it’s a building site and don’t want her to get squashed).
nicolac34

Looking great, won't be long before you will be enjoying your pool.
Morning all!

We've now been in our house in Rosehill 7 months and we LOVE living here

I feel like there's still a long list of things we need to finish off with the house, but we've also got a lot done considering I've been on parental leave and then I was made redundant just before I was heading back to work.

The landscaping is all complete front and back, we've installed a sink in our powder room, pictures have been hung on walls and even a few shelves put up

Quite a few more houses have gone up on our road now, will be looking forward to it all being developed so we don't have quite so much sand to fish out of the pool on a weekly basis and the place can have a more lived in feel rather than a building site with trades constantly going past.

If anyone finds me on here wanting more info on Rosehill Waters - happy to pass it on.

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum