Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aveling Build - Rosehill Waters

Page 12 of 13
Sorry to hear they’re being a pain. I had about 4 weeks notice i think. I’d follow Vanessah’s advice as sometimes the sales consultants will give you more info, mine did in the late stages of the admin stage. Other option is tell them if they can’t give you more notice the PCI needs to be early morning or early evening due to work. That might move them along.
Site meeting this morning to try and get an idea of timeframes for PCI. Communication does not seem to be Avelings strong point so meeting the SS does help put our minds at ease that things are in fact happening at the house!

Still no date, saying first week in July and they’ll confirm a week before - so you’ve got to assume next week we will have the date! I did say the the SS that Monday 2nd would be good or I’ll accept Tuesday 😉. I’ve taken the gamble and started to schedule in some of the trades - air con, skirting, flooring, painting, blinds etc at least then we can get an idea of a move date. Looking at around the 27th of July at the moment - so just over a month to go in this freezing cold rental!

Our driveway paving has been delayed due to the weather, was supposed to be today but now going to be Monday as he’s been held up on another job. Shower screens, mirrors and wardrobe sliders are now in, door handles and more paint touch ups this week. Garage door, hot water and solar, dishwasher and driveway next week and reckon that’s us done!

nicolac34
Site meeting this morning to try and get an idea of timeframes for PCI. Communication does not seem to be Avelings strong point so meeting the SS does help put our minds at ease that things are in fact happening at the house!

Still no date, saying first week in July and they’ll confirm a week before - so you’ve got to assume next week we will have the date! I did say the the SS that Monday 2nd would be good or I’ll accept Tuesday 😉. I’ve taken the gamble and started to schedule in some of the trades - air con, skirting, flooring, painting, blinds etc at least then we can get an idea of a move date. Looking at around the 27th of July at the moment - so just over a month to go in this freezing cold rental!

Our driveway paving has been delayed due to the weather, was supposed to be today but now going to be Monday as he’s been held up on another job. Shower screens, mirrors and wardrobe sliders are now in, door handles and more paint touch ups this week. Garage door, hot water and solar, dishwasher and driveway next week and reckon that’s us done!

It's looking good! I found any trades i was lining up post build i mentioned that i am building but the build should be done around x date they were pretty flexible and willing to work around it. Hope you do get your PCI for the 1st or 2nd!
nicolac34

Won't be long now.
We've been given our PCI date this afternoon, Friday 6th of July at 2pm. Not really very happy as we had said we wanted earlier in the week and start of the day to fit around work and childcare. Next week they are installing the dishwasher and touching up painting - this was supposed to be this week so don't know why it's moved to next - also confused as to why it is taking so long to do those tasks.

I'm just exhausted by it all though. Feeling disappointed. I know it's only a couple of days and shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but instead of feeling excited I'm feeling anxious and frustrated. I was hoping for keys on Friday 13th as I've scheduled in trades to start the following Monday - given how frustrated by the process we've been I can't see us getting keys in a week even if we do have the bank cheque in our hands.
nicolac34
We've been given our PCI date this afternoon, Friday 6th of July at 2pm. Not really very happy as we had said we wanted earlier in the week and start of the day to fit around work and childcare. Next week they are installing the dishwasher and touching up painting - this was supposed to be this week so don't know why it's moved to next - also confused as to why it is taking so long to do those tasks.

I'm just exhausted by it all though. Feeling disappointed. I know it's only a couple of days and shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but instead of feeling excited I'm feeling anxious and frustrated. I was hoping for keys on Friday 13th as I've scheduled in trades to start the following Monday - given how frustrated by the process we've been I can't see us getting keys in a week even if we do have the bank cheque in our hands.

That’s a bit frustrating but at least you have a date now!

Can you ask your bank or your broker to organise the valuation early? I’ve noticed others have done that and managed to get keys a few days later with a cheque! My fingers are crossed for you
vanessah2015

Can you ask your bank or your broker to organise the valuation early? I’ve noticed others have done that and managed to get keys a few days later with a cheque! My fingers are crossed for you

Yes this is hopefully the plan. Bank have said from when they receive the invoice to us having the cheque in our hands will be 7 working days - so as long as we get the invoice next week we should be ok for the cheque by the Friday.
nicolac34
vanessah2015

Yes this is hopefully the plan. Bank have said from when they receive the invoice to us having the cheque in our hands will be 7 working days - so as long as we get the invoice next week we should be ok for the cheque by the Friday.

Can they give you the invoice a day or two before? To make you less stressed? And to give your bank a bit more time?
Hopefully they will give us the invoice before pci - she had said we might have it already or should have it soon - then backflipped to saying the day of pci. They have been issuing invoices out to others earlier so can cross fingers!

Our driveway and garage door has been installed. They still do have quite a bit to finish, think they’ve been focused on getting next door ready for their pci this morning!

Anyone shed any light on why they pave the driveway like this? Why not in a straight line?

nicolac34
Hopefully they will give us the invoice before pci - she had said we might have it already or should have it soon - then backflipped to saying the day of pci. They have been issuing invoices out to others earlier so can cross fingers!

Our driveway and garage door has been installed. They still do have quite a bit to finish, think they’ve been focused on getting next door ready for their pci this morning!

Anyone shed any light on why they pave the driveway like this? Why not in a straight line?

nature strip in between the properties. helps avoid drive thru scenarios.
It could be a local government rule for crossovers. Some councils seem to have some strict rules regarding crossovers with regard to their width, distance from boundary and wing size. I know City of Swan required the wings to be 1.5m wide and 3.0m long. The width of your driveway where the wings start could be dictated by that. Don't quote me on that though.
Ditto on council requirements for the crossover, would have been fine with old style 6m crossover and 6m set backs unfortunately not updated to suit reduced crossovers and set backs in new estates.
Choosy
Ditto on council requirements for the crossover, would have been fine with old style 6m crossover and 6m set backs unfortunately not updated to suit reduced crossovers and set backs in new estates.

It also doesn't help that garages on modern houses are now often built on the boundary.
Hi Nicolac how did PCI go today
? Did you manage to get the invoice early?
vanessah2015

I did manage to get the invoice early! Bank valuation has already happened and we can pick the cheque up on Monday.

For us PCI was a bit of a let down - it didn't seem like much had happened since we last walked through the house over a week ago. Still outstanding issues to fix - such as the dishwasher still not being installed (despite them saying this was all they were doing this week) and filling in of gaps in the concrete where the sliding doors are still to do, lots of paint touch ups, the ensuite mirror is being replaced as it was scratched, some downlights not sitting flush, additional waste pipe in the laundry missing, new door lock to the laundry.

Our building inspector picked up a few things that I'm hoping are easily rectified, the level of the floor in a few places outside the tolerance, scratches and dents in things, the track of the alfresco sliding door being twisted, crack in the garage where the door has been installed, 10mm gap in the laundry door and frame, missing weep holes and door handles not being put on level....I'm hoping this is all standard stuff. Very pleased we had an inspector as he picked up all this that we wouldn't have!

So won't be getting the keys Monday, the SS said that the dishwasher isn't due to be finished until the 16th. We hope to do our final handover inspection on the 16th as well and keys that afternoon.

Still clinging to a 30th July move date!
nicolac34
vanessah2015

I did manage to get the invoice early! Bank valuation has already happened and we can pick the cheque up on Monday.

For us PCI was a bit of a let down - it didn't seem like much had happened since we last walked through the house over a week ago. Still outstanding issues to fix - such as the dishwasher still not being installed (despite them saying this was all they were doing this week) and filling in of gaps in the concrete where the sliding doors are still to do, lots of paint touch ups, the ensuite mirror is being replaced as it was scratched, some downlights not sitting flush, additional waste pipe in the laundry missing, new door lock to the laundry.

Our building inspector picked up a few things that I'm hoping are easily rectified, the level of the floor in a few places outside the tolerance, scratches and dents in things, the track of the alfresco sliding door being twisted, crack in the garage where the door has been installed, 10mm gap in the laundry door and frame, missing weep holes and door handles not being put on level....I'm hoping this is all standard stuff. Very pleased we had an inspector as he picked up all this that we wouldn't have!

So won't be getting the keys Monday, the SS said that the dishwasher isn't due to be finished until the 16th. We hope to do our final handover inspection on the 16th as well and keys that afternoon.

Good news about the bank valuation and cheque

But I’m really sorry to hear the rest of it, you must’ve been a bit disappointed
did they say why dishwasher hadn’t been installed?
Lucky you decided to get a building inspector though! Are you going to get them to reinspect? 🤞🏻They have it all sorted for you to get keys on the 16th
nicolac34
vanessah2015

Congrats on PCI and having the cheque ready to go so quickly! I feel your pain in that PCI was a let down due to supplier issues. I hope that aveling haven’t completely put you off building in the future! Weepholes are easily fixed as I had that issue during the brick stages of the build. With the floor, have you got flooring installed or are you doing it post handover? And what flooring have you got? I know the levelness of the slab does play a role in laminate flooring. I think there is still hope for that 30th of July move date!
We won't be getting the inspector back so will have to do our best to check what has been rectified has been done properly!

The dishwasher was in the hole, but the paneling to go around was not - apparently been measured and will be installed on the 16th, just very frustration as they've known there was an integrated dishwasher for months, so way wait to the last week to measure it up if it's going to take 2 weeks to manufacture the panels... who knows how they deal with these things.

We are doing flooring post handover, so a bit concerned about the levelness of the slab and the fact there are a lot of hardened plaster spills all over the concrete floor. I've emailed Trevors to ask if they want to inspect before we collect keys, last thing I want is them saying they can't lay it on the day! We are going Timber and carpets.
More frustrations around getting our hands on the keys!

At PCI the SS said we could aim for keys on Monday (16th) and I was ok to start scheduling trades to start. I chased yesterday and was told they were aiming towards the end of the week for keys now. I can't say I was surprised because as far as I can tell nothing has been done at the house as yet.

Bit of back and forth and now we are aiming for Wednesday....my poor painter is going to have his work cut out to be able to stick to the original timeframe! Thankfully he's been great.

Removalists are booked for the 29th - fingers crossed we are moving into a house that has flooring and blinds
That’s frustrating for you Nicolac, I hope you get them by next Wednesday, hope it all gets sorted in time for the removalists!
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum