Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aveling Build - Rosehill Waters

Page 7 of 13
The price for installing the built-in dishwasher seems very high, think that HN quoted less than $200.00. We are glad that we went ahead with our variation to shift our bar fridge to the WIP as it died last week and during the variation process we decided to leave room for a bigger fridge in the WIP, dealing with one fridge until moving time.
Builders random prices and inconsistencies is a whole new topic......
Choosy
The price for installing the built-in dishwasher seems very high, think that HN quoted less than $200.00. We are glad that we went ahead with our variation to shift our bar fridge to the WIP as it died last week and during the variation process we decided to leave room for a bigger fridge in the WIP, dealing with one fridge until moving time.

The actual variation document says "Remove fixed panel to dishwasher recess and supply and install client nominated Bosch semi-integrated dishwasher" - to which I was thinking fantastic, they are going to supply and install the dishwasher for $500! (For us to buy the dishwasher it is $920) but I went back and confirmed supply meant supply - no it just means install?? Don't understand. Our regular CL was on leave this week and is back today so hopefully will get some clarification on it.

I also added the bermuda tile insert in the laundry to the variation, figured if I was getting other stuff done I'd get that sorted. Charging us $100 - which begs the question why are we paying $180 for all the other ones!!
nicolac34
Choosy

The actual variation document says "Remove fixed panel to dishwasher recess and supply and install client nominated Bosch semi-integrated dishwasher" - to which I was thinking fantastic, they are going to supply and install the dishwasher for $500! (For us to buy the dishwasher it is $920) but I went back and confirmed supply meant supply - no it just means install?? Don't understand. Our regular CL was on leave this week and is back today so hopefully will get some clarification on it.

I also added the bermuda tile insert in the laundry to the variation, figured if I was getting other stuff done I'd get that sorted. Charging us $100 - which begs the question why are we paying $180 for all the other ones!!

I’d definitely be asking the question as to why their charging you one fee and another fee for something else. Doesn’t seem right?
I agree with Summitlovin, doesn’t seem right that they’re charging such different amounts, still can’t believe they charged you $180 originally 😱
nicolac34
Well this was a nice surprise - the brickies have started and we have some walls! Last update from the CL was early last week and we were told they'd be 'loading' the slab this week. Looks like they started today!

I'm so happy for you! Aveling just submitted our build permit yesterday. We're getting impatient. lol
Little update from us.

We had our baby on Wednesday so the build has been taking a slight backseat (only slightly...
)

Walls are going up well, they've started on the internal ones and the external are mostly done (garage still to go). We were supposed to meet the site supervisor on Friday... obviously otherwise engaged so will be meeting him on Thursday this week - hoping we'll see some real progress inside by then.

Still haven't confirmed the variations, they've price matched the dishwasher but still want to charge $500 to install it. I'm probably going to agree through gritted teeth as I really want it to look right, couple of extra power points (laundry and en-suite) and waiting on confirmation on the bar fridge recess (that might go). Have removed the satellite provision from the Intelligent Homes quote so have a little bit of credit from that, but still probably looking at $1k variation. After this really need to stop changing things!
nicolac34
Little update from us.

We had our baby on Wednesday so the build has been taking a slight backseat (only slightly...
)

Walls are going up well, they've started on the internal ones and the external are mostly done (garage still to go). We were supposed to meet the site supervisor on Friday... obviously otherwise engaged so will be meeting him on Thursday this week - hoping we'll see some real progress inside by then.

Still haven't confirmed the variations, they've price matched the dishwasher but still want to charge $500 to install it. I'm probably going to agree through gritted teeth as I really want it to look right, couple of extra power points (laundry and en-suite) and waiting on confirmation on the bar fridge recess (that might go). Have removed the satellite provision from the Intelligent Homes quote so have a little bit of credit from that, but still probably looking at $1k variation. After this really need to stop changing things!

Congrats on your baby! You’re definitely going to have your hands full right now 😁

I think if you’re really keen on having the dishwasher sorted and you’ve had half a win definitely accept through gritted teeth. So hard to stop thinking about what you can change and add when you can see what everyone else is doing or someone gives you a good idea haha!
Congratulations on the addition to your family. 🎊

Unfortunately variations after pre start are not ideal however getting things changed after handover is not always a better option, hopefully your don't find anymore. We thought we were done however currently working through another variation atm.
Variations are signed off now, got another $110 off the installation price and the cabinet makers agreed to do what we wanted for $100 (extra 30cm of panel...)

Update on the bricklaying is that they are at 70% complete, which is a bit dissappoiting considering the rate at all the others going up on here. They were supposedly at 55% a week ago. Estimated mid-next week for completion.
nicolac34
Variations are signed off now, got another $110 off the installation price and the cabinet makers agreed to do what we wanted for $100 (extra 30cm of panel...)

Update on the bricklaying is that they are at 70% complete, which is a bit dissappoiting considering the rate at all the others going up on here. They were supposedly at 55% a week ago. Estimated mid-next week for completion.

Happy to hear you had a win with your variations & they are sorted. Hopefully with the cooler weather over the next couple of days they will smash out the bricks.
nicolac34

Nice work on sorting the variations. We are still waiting to hear back from NCH after we rejected their $ 5K quote to change our laundry sliders to laminated to match the laundry cupboards. I didn't both to quantify the price as it was not what we wanted and was quoted 1/5th the price from a cabinet maker.

The brick laying time wiil vary from one build to another and one team to another, the end product is what matters.😁
Brickwork has now finished and the roof carpenters have now started!

Just been for a look thinking they’d have finished for the day but people still on site so we didn’t stop. Crane was there lifting the timbers and looks like they have made a good start already.
nicolac34
Brickwork has now finished and the roof carpenters have now started!

Just been for a look thinking they’d have finished for the day but people still on site so we didn’t stop. Crane was there lifting the timbers and looks like they have made a good start already.

Steady progress, unlucky with the timing of your visit.
Did a quick drive by today, roof is coming along nicely, should be done by tomorrow according to the SS.

Had our plate height report back, couple of issues with the insulation in two spots, hopefully easily rectified.
Hopefully the rectification does not cause any delays, looking good.
Did a walk-by the site today, the guttering and facias are going up, plumbing & electrical to be finished this week, then intelligent homes doing their thing & the roof covering should be finished early next week apparently! Very excited to see the roof & what comes next.

Your alfresco looks huge! Great progress
Front yard is looking like the rendering will be starting soon.
We have half a roof, a ceiling and manhole in the garage and some lovely looking facias and guttering!

Had a quick walk through this afternoon, plumbing and electrics looks to have gone in - although we are missing some power points and they’ve put one in the ensuite in the wrong place so have emailed our CL to see if they have finished already. Looking forward to the exterior render going on as it looks very messy at the moment (we are rendering the whole house so they haven’t done neat mortar).

Nice progress. We also has a couple of PP not cut out by the chaser, the electrician just marked the area and the chaser came back.
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum