Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon prices

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys
Just a quick question we are looking at building a Winchester 28 but there seems to be a big variation in the price list price and the quoted base price. $28100 to be precise. Anyone have any ideas ? This is before site works and upgrades. Why such a big disparity between the two any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Adam
What do you mean by price list price?

This is the price list we got when we first enquired blackcat. It does say effective from the 4/7/16 and I’d expect a price rise since then but $28k seams a lot in 12 months ?
Adam R

This is the price list we got when we first enquired blackcat. It does say effective from the 4/7/16 and I’d expect a price rise since then but $28k seams a lot in 12 months ?

Yeah that price is well out of date and unfortunately $28k isnt out of the question. What are they saying is the current base price? We signed in Feb so ours is presumably lower than what they are offering now.
Save
$267,100 and that is a choice of standard facades aspire, contemporary, chateau or kingston i think. Facades seem to be a bit vague cost wise too and they seem to be nudging us toward the contemporary facade the wife thinks as our quotes are all with that option ? Wonder is a standard aspire facade is cheaper than contemporary?
The base price was $243K at the start of this year so it has gone up quite a lot. I dont think there is a price difference for the contemporary facade
Nah I think it’s standard facade. mrs is going to call them. to find out all I can think of is because of the brickie shortage but who knows 🤷‍♀️
Thanks blackcat
Adam R
Nah I think it’s standard facade. mrs is going to call them. to find out all I can think of is because of the brickie shortage but who knows 🤷‍♀️
Thanks blackcat

Ask for a price roll back, you might get lucky. We had a few thousand knocked off our base price.
Cool hope we can work it out thanks again
Adam R

28k in 12m, isn't that much. I know when I was looking at Porter Davis homes, the price increase just for the financial year change over was 16k
Cheers rum-home
Should of pulled my finger out and locked it in earlier, had no idea prices moved that quick.

Probably the first home buyers bonus carried over to new build prices I guess ?

Lesson learnt and to any one reading don’t think about it to much, know what you want and lock it in 👍
We locked our price up last November and we have issues with land title which dragged the whole thing. We only got our land title recently and just started our planning permit which might take a few months before we can start our build. As per our preliminary contract signed, Metricon is charging us $1,500 per month after 12 months from the date of initial deposit till the 18th month to secure the base price we have locked in. If we still not able to start our build, Metricon has the right to review our current contract and renew it to reflect the current base price.
I hope our story would give anyone who want to build to consider their situation before starting to engage a builder.
Related
15/02/2024
Welcome to 2024 - Gyprocking prices have increased 40%!

Building A New House

Tradie may sit at home but will need to get house plastered as well or will you sit it out?

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum