Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Hall & Hart Homes

Page 35 of 61
SDS1
We paid about $950 or 995 with ecodesign. Ours was DA and we needed further updates to get approval which was then charged by the half hour or hour.

Thank you! They quoted me the same. Interesting that they didn’t quite nail it as it had to go back and forth for approvals. They seemed quite confident they would have everything the council needs in the plan as they’re experienced 😅[/quote]

Just to clarify, the reason for further updates was due to council feedback related to our driveway and elevations - nothing to do with their plan.
Hi All,

I haven't posted for awhile now and just wanted to share some photos of our Elyse 38 build with everyone as I remembered how useful Serenity and kjane's pictures were when I started the building process.

Was also wondering if anyone has pictures of the standard walk robe shelving in the master walkins for an Elyse they can share?

Looking great tand. How long you got to go? Can't imagine much longer than a few weeks.
Malibu
Looking great tand. How long you got to go? Can't imagine much longer than a few weeks.

Hi Malibu,
There is still at least 2 months to go
Hi Malibu,
There is still at least 2 months to go[/quote]
Hi Tand

We will soon go into external selections stage. Would you mind sharing your brick, fascia, gutter, roof and window colours please?

Thank you
SDS
SDS1
Hi Malibu,
There is still at least 2 months to go

Hi Tand

We will soon go into external selections stage. Would you mind sharing your brick, fascia, gutter, roof and window colours please?

Thank you
SDS[/quote]

Sure. I remember that the consultant from Austral is super helpful and organised. They knew what options were available for H&H so we didn't waste time selecting things that were in fact upgrades.

Main Brick/Block: The Avenue Stratton
Joint Type: Ironed
Mortar Colour Off White
Roofing Tile Concrete Tiles
Roofing Tile Product Monier Atura Barramundi
Gutter Monument
Fascia Dune
Down Pipes Monument
Windows Pearl White
Supplier Wideline
Garage Door Decowood Iron Bark
Supplier Dynamic
Profile Slimline
Rainwater Tank Monument
External Paint
Front Door Quantum Walnut Stain
Glazing Translucent (builder to cost) or Opt 2: Clear
Profile INF142G
Front Door Frame Stained
Eaves/Lining Taubmans Surfmist
Meter Box Colorbond Monument
tand
Hi All,

I haven't posted for awhile now and just wanted to share some photos of our Elyse 38 build with everyone as I remembered how useful Serenity and kjane's pictures were when I started the building process.

Was also wondering if anyone has pictures of the standard walk robe shelving in the master walkins for an Elyse they can share?

Looking great, I love the vanity. When I am at the house I will take a photo of the standard robe and post it. We have hand over next Monday.
Has anyone gone over their tender date? We have yet to do council submission and our tender expires on the 9th of September. HHH are now saying we will be charged approximately $1200 per month until construction actually begins. Is this normal practice? can I then break tender? Feeling so frustrated
tand
Hi All,

Fantastic progress tand! Our kitchen selections look very similar so it's great to see it come to life. Which benchtop did you select? Not too much longer to go!

Updates from us: we are in week 2 of our build. Last week our block got excavated. According to our SS's weekly email, our slab should be completed next week. I'll post photos once the slab is done. If anyone is interested in following our build journey, check out "oursiennabuild' on Instagram
Great progress tand!

We are in week 8 of our build, will post pictures when I find time 😁
kjane
tand
Hi All,

Looking great, I love the vanity. When I am at the house I will take a photo of the standard robe and post it. We have hand over next Monday.

Exciting times kjane. It must feel good to finally see light at the end of the tunnel. Btw were you happy with the tiling and size of the grout lines?
[quote="Amanda_Ly"]Has anyone gone over their tender date? We have yet to do council submission and our tender expires on the 9th of September. HHH are now saying we will be charged approximately $1200 per month until construction actually begins. Is this normal practice? can I then break tender? Feeling so frustrated
/quote]
Hi Amanda_Ly,

I have PM you about our tender situation.
Zen
tand
Hi All,

Fantastic progress tand! Our kitchen selections look very similar so it's great to see it come to life. Which benchtop did you select? Not too much longer to go!

Updates from us: we are in week 2 of our build. Last week our block got excavated. According to our SS's weekly email, our slab should be completed next week. I'll post photos once the slab is done. If anyone is interested in following our build journey, check out "oursiennabuild' on Instagram

Good luck with the build Zen. I am looking forward to the photos on instagram.

Our bench top was ocean foam.
Has anyone had a retaining wall built after demo and/or slab has been laid?

We have a neighbor who has recently completed their build and as the both of us need to build a retaining wall it would be most logical if we build the one wall and share the cost. Has anyone had HHH allow this?

Recommendations for landscapers in and around Baulkham Hills would also be much appreciated.

TIA
Amanda
kjane
Action! Our old home coming down...

Hi Kjane,
Hope the project is going well, the pics are awesome, congrats. We are starting our process with Wisdom home. We are gathering quotes for demolition and I would like to ask about your experience with House Demolition.
Our current house is very similar in size to your old one so I would like to have an idea on the total cost, My current best quote border the $25k (inc GST), including asbestos but other quotes went from 30k up to 43K (!)
Any help comment or tips will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Hi can I have some help please. How long between paying the $1k and tender presentation/acceptance (on average)? And then how long between tender acceptance and plan acceptance? I actually thought plan acceptance was at same time as tender acceptance (how can they give you a solid price without locking down your plan)?

Then next question is - if we want to save / organise rental etc, do we have 9 months before demolition? And 9 months from what - tender acceptance? The 1k? The plan acceptance?

For context we are a doing a KDRB
msresearcher
Hi can I have some help please. How long between paying the $1k and tender presentation/acceptance (on average)? And then how long between tender acceptance and plan acceptance? I actually thought plan acceptance was at same time as tender acceptance (how can they give you a solid price without locking down your plan)?

Then next question is - if we want to save / organise rental etc, do we have 9 months before demolition? And 9 months from what - tender acceptance? The 1k? The plan acceptance?

For tender presentation, between 2 to 4 weeks as they need to do surveys and do accurate costing.
For plan acceptance, it will depend on how big and how many changes you make to your design. could be a few weeks if no changes to several months if you keep changing it.

Demo takes about a month and they usually start build a few weeks after Demo clearance certificate is provided, so plan acceptance is when everything is locked in and you will need to do the selections. Moving out 9 months from plan acceptance is a reasonable assumption.
Hi there, has anyone built/is building with H&H and has done full brick top and bottom, no cladding. Would you mind sharing a photo? I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s input to this thread - thank you. We are looking at the Elyse but interested in just seeing how the bricks looks?
msresearcher

Based on my experience:
1 month from tender fee to presentation
Then begins the what they call the pre construction phase which they say takes 4-6 months depending on how fast you and they work together. The process involves signing off plans, landscape design (if applicable), getting DA/CDC paperwork and approvals organised, Home warranty insurance and Construction Certificate.
If you’re building a 2 storey the 42 weeks or 9 months as you call it is from the time they start the building process (in your case you’ll need to organise the KD before they can commence)
Hope this clarifies.
Always ask the sales staff to explain it all. They will happily do it. I learnt a lot by asking lots of questions.
ocean
Hi there, has anyone built/is building with H&H and has done full brick top and bottom, no cladding. Would you mind sharing a photo? I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s input to this thread - thank you. We are looking at the Elyse but interested in just seeing how the bricks looks?

We are planning on the same as DH hates cladding - thinks it looks cheap 😅. But we are still pre-con stage. Ask the sales team to get you addresses of HHH homes that did full brick and are past the brick stage or completed and handed over. I know one or two but don’t want to put out the addresses on a public forum for privacy reasons.
Related
15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum