Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Hall & Hart Homes

Page 23 of 61
Jacks
Thanks kjane for that! Hmmm. Not sure we have enough room for all that. Did anyone bury their OSD? Also how long did it take Jemena to disconnect your gas if you needed that? We need to organise a full abolishment and I hear the lead time can be quite long. Great update thanks on your communication!

Hopefully you won't need as much OSD as us, we back onto a creek but are just out of the flood area as per the maps so maybe we needed a bit more tank capacity. Would be good to see what Zen needs so you could compare the two. We too were worried about the gas disconnection time but it was actually a pretty smooth process. You need to know who your gas provider is and a number from your bill and you can lodge the application. Our tenants vacated on the 18th and our gas was disconnected on the 20th. It is annoyingly expensive for how little time the job takes.
Thanks so much for that! Thank goodness for this site and you all answering my many questions!! I really appreciate it.
Jacks
Hi Zen, we’re still tossing up colours but am off Basalt now as I don’t think it actually goes well enough with the brick after all. So now thinking majority render will be Surfmist or similar with minor render in monument. Still keen on Natural White internally. I’m now trying to decide on kitchen colours so will head to Leppington Home World for some inspiration and will look at bathrooms while I’m there. Last weekend we checked out the Caroma showroom in Alexandria and Caesarstone. At this stage thinking cabinetry in Natural White and Black Venette with Snow Caesarstone. We’re putting in the island afterwards so will prob do that in Black and a Quantum Quartz stone. Everything seems to be coming back to grey, black, white and timber so hopefully will be consistent through the house. How much assistance does the colour consultant provide? Zen what stage are you up to now? We’re still waiting in our first cut of the full plans. 3 more weeks to go! We also may be doing our demo in two parts so we can get the pool in without having to move out so soon so have just contacted Eco and Democorp for quotes.

Hi Jacks, we are waiting for our landscape plans to be done so that the hydraulics engineer can complete the hydraulics plans. We had an on-site consultation with Ecodesign last week as we have a lot of mature plants along the boundary and backyard that we are keeping. We can let you know about OSD once we get our hydraulics plans, though we are keeping our standalone single garage so I think our OSD will be higher because of that.

We are also going with a neutral colour scheme, with warm white interior, timber accents for cabinetry though this is just based on the images I've pinned on houzz and pinterest. We haven't visited the showrooms so not sure what the caesarstone and cabinet options are and upgrade costs - I think we will opt for a blank canvas and then add some personality with soft furnishings, that will allow us to procrastinate on the colours a bit longer...
Thanks Zen! I got a sample of Cotton Sheets and Tahira White today as I’m now doubting colour matching to Dulux Natural White. How did you go with Cotton Sheets? Apparently it’s very similar to Tahira. A friend of mine has Tahira and I was admiring it the other night as it was a lot warmer at night than I’d expected so I’m going to test it and see how it works here. Anyway, really interested to hear how you go with the OSD. Thanks!
Jacks
Can anyone please share what the kitchen selections appointment involves, what to take, what discussions you have etc? And if you’re doing a poly kitchen what colours you can choose from? Thanks!

Hi Jacks, not sure if you've done your kitchen appointment yet but in case you haven't I saw that HHH put this post up yesterday - this is the showroom I was trying to describe that has everything there.
https://www.hallharthomes.com.au/experi ... -in-sydney
Cheers
Update from SS today: excavation works and levelling of building pad. So exciting for it to be getting underway. Some photos of the excavation works, to get some idea of scale, the cut on the front right side is about 870 and the fill at rear left side is about 920. Excuse the kids swing still hanging in the tree at the back

How is everyone else going?
Thanks Jane for sharing the pics. Looks awesome. I'm no expert but your block looks so level that I'm surprised about the cut figures.

Seems it's progressing well for you since construction started. Do you expect 7 months?

I'm still waiting for tender presentation day, will be 4 weeks in 1 week.

I got a democorp quote at $25k
will shop around after tender presentation day.
Yeah, the amount of slope is deceptive, we slope down from the street towards the creek and also slope right to left. Needed to cut at the front so the back would not end up being above the 9.5m total height restriction. We wanted the house to be level on the ground floor so didn't look to go with a split level.

As per our contract the build time is 42 weeks so a long way to go yet.

Hope your tender presentation goes well.
Hoping to join this H&H community soon.

Very helpful comments and feedbacks.
MickeyDonald
Hoping to join this H&H community soon.

Very helpful comments and feedbacks.

Hi MickeyDonald, glad that you have found the thread helpful, I sure have too. Hope everything is smooth sailing for you in the planning stage. Cheers
Thanks kjane.

Awaiting tender presentation anytime now.
Good luck, where are you planning to build?
Seems the rain did not slow anything down with our build. Just had another update from SS (love the communication) and last week all excavation works were completed, slab formwork installed and concrete piering completed.u

This week, the internal drainage, slab steel and waffle pods will be installed with the surveyor and engineer checks for the slab to also be completed by weeks end and the slab should be poured by mid next week.
Cool bananas!
So excited for you kjane, things are like moving everyday.

Btw how long do they give notice to you till presentation day? For Mickey Donald shouldn't you have had the presentation already, since it's more than 4 weeks?
kjane, Norwest area.

BabyMichelle, waiting for call to schedule.
kjane
Seems the rain did not slow anything down with our build. Just had another update from SS (love the communication) and last week all excavation works were completed, slab formwork installed and concrete piering completed.u

This week, the internal drainage, slab steel and waffle pods will be installed with the surveyor and engineer checks for the slab to also be completed by weeks end and the slab should be poured by mid next week.
Cool bananas!

Amazing progress, kjane! Eagerly following your build

We are still waiting on landscape and hydraulics plans. Haven’t done our selections yet either...feels like our build is so far away...
Zen
kjane

Cool bananas!

Amazing progress, kjane! Eagerly following your build

We are still waiting on landscape and hydraulics plans. Haven’t done our selections yet either...feels like our build is so far away...

Don't worry once it gets underway it moves at a cracking pace (so far anyway). Fingers crossed on the hydraulics plans for you. Have you got a pretty good idea of what you are choosing for selections? I found choosing the flooring and tiles the hardest but also the most fun.

My mum dropped by our place this morning and so much is happening!
Right side of house showing the pad for ac at the front and tanks at the back.

Happy with the size of the front porch.

Nice to see they are taking care not to put anything near the trees that we are keeping.
Wow amazing kjane. With so much happening building a home doesn't seem to be a long journey at all.
Some more photo spam from me - we've been slabbed! A week ahead of schedule as the weather was so good.

Great progress kjane!
Related
15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum