Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Hall & Hart Homes

Page 54 of 61
ocean
Elysebuild
msresearcher
2hr kitchen laundry bathroom wirs joinery sounds insane. I could barely do kitchen in 2 hrs. I want to fully consider all cabinetry options!

Another option for WIR is Stegbar which we organised during our Studio You appointment. We got quote from Elba but was very expensive. We chose Stegbar in the end for drawer/shelf combo in both kids rooms as well as our WIR.

With regards to kitchen, we have done 40mm Caesarstone benchtop & waterfalls in upgraded Raw Concrete & Snow (outside range) on Cook Run. It was less than $1k.

We went to Beaumont Tiles a few times before we had our appointment to get ideas of tile colours/layouts we liked.

Elba started installing our kitchen today so cant wait to see it all come together.

Elysebuild and SDS1 is there a 'better' location to visit for Accent/Beumont or do the carry the same ranges? Thank you!https://www.homeone.com.au/member/sds1

We had our appointment at Prospect. We visited several stores before that appointment but found this store the most accommodating & best range. They are all franchises but essentially have the same stock. We visited St Ives, Thornleigh, Castle Hill & Prospect before the appointment. Prospect was the only one who were still happy to talk to us even though we were going to have appointment for choice. They explained the process & gave good advice. Our bathrooms are now in & we have handover estimate end of July & we are really happy.
ks155
ks155
msresearcher
Double glazing with the optimal gap is gold standard though.And low e in between would also not have the issues of low e in single glazing.

Thank you for your comments. It gave me a lot to think about.

We got our quote to do low e glaze for windows about 50m2 area to our house. It's around $7500.

We have to do this due to BASIX requirement

Hi, just like to share similarly due to Basix, we now had to do double glazed stacker doors and smartglass windows to some north, west and south facing , expected I guess with a 1.5 storey ceiling πŸ˜†
I'm still waiting on cost of double glazed doors...... Nervous about the cost!

Has anyone done square set wall and ceiling junctions to ground floor and regretted not doing it upstairs or any thoughts? Thinking won't do it upstairs/spend elsewhere but interested in anyone who has completed thoughts?
not completed but am thinking about square set down stairs and cornice upstairs.
We are doing square set downstairs, cornices upstairs
Do you have any photos you would be happy to share?
of your build?
msresearcher
V.Aus2013
msresearcher
oh gee i hope i dont spend extra 30k on kitchen etc, i was hoping for like 15k....

i just spent 25k upgrading windows and glazing. it really all does start to add up.

Hi,

What was you window upgrade ?

TIA, vick

Changing sizes. Changing sliding to awning. Upgrading to ascend from horizon range. Couple of paragon (top of line) louvre/fixed windows. And upgrading to thicker glass all round, plus sound proofing on about 6/7 windows.

Re Soundproofing, did you do double-glazed or VLAM hush? please. I read this earlier and thought you said $25K just for glass - nicer to re-read that it included the window upgrades too
msresearcher
V.Aus2013
msresearcher
oh gee i hope i dont spend extra 30k on kitchen etc, i was hoping for like 15k....

i just spent 25k upgrading windows and glazing. it really all does start to add up.

Hi,

What was you window upgrade ?

TIA, vick

Changing sizes. Changing sliding to awning. Upgrading to ascend from horizon range. Couple of paragon (top of line) louvre/fixed windows. And upgrading to thicker glass all round, plus sound proofing on about 6/7 windows.

Re Soundproofing, did you do double-glazed or VLAM hush? please. I read this earlier and thought you said $25K just for glass - nicer to re-read that it included the window upgrades too
SDS1
msresearcher
Any tips for the big studio you session and how to be best prepared?

Hello

Essentially all selections around external and internal colours, finishes and equipment. It takes about half a day and they go through a checklist because there must literally be 100 items in there no joking πŸ˜‚. After appointment they send the selections for you to review and sign off so you can take time to make sure everything is as you want it.

Rough idea (too numerous to list) what sort of decisions covered are:
1.Door meshes - do you need any security grade?
2. External insulation upgrades e.g. include insulation to garage ceiling and walls
3. External and internal doors and door handles - think where you need privacy locks they provide for bath and toilet but you need to upgrade for bedrooms.
4. Skirting, cornice and architrave profiles.
5. Wardrobe fitout remember to cancel and get credit for single shelf plus rail / builders doors if you're doing fixout post hndover.
6. Internal acoustic insulation if any
7. Bath and WC accessories (towel rails rings, mixers, mirror etc)
8. Kitchen mixer sink (single/double with drain board, entertainers sink etc)
9. Paint finishes external and internal.
10. Appliances - AC, DW, MW, Oven, cooktop, rangehood - if you have any preferences on style or make or model take it along so you can be priced. Oven some people prefer a 600mm and 300 mm separate to allow for small and larger cooking quantities, others like 900mm and some others 1200mm so think of your lifestyle as well as needs if you have an external kitchen planned etc

Items 3, 4, 7, 8 and 10 you will be shown all available samples to choose from. One of the samples will be standard and others upgrades.

2. External insulation upgrades e.g. include insulation to garage ceiling and walls - is your house 2 storey? What did you do? Is there not any insulation standard for the garage. I was thinking garage is a good backup undercover venue if friends come over and it rains - hadn't thought about how cold/hot it might be

Did you do any security mesh for doors/windows? Thinking of doing after....
ocean
SDS1
msresearcher
Any tips for the big studio you session and how to be best prepared?

Hello

Essentially all selections around external and internal colours, finishes and equipment. It takes about half a day and they go through a checklist because there must literally be 100 items in there no joking πŸ˜‚. After appointment they send the selections for you to review and sign off so you can take time to make sure everything is as you want it.

Rough idea (too numerous to list) what sort of decisions covered are:
1.Door meshes - do you need any security grade?
2. External insulation upgrades e.g. include insulation to garage ceiling and walls
3. External and internal doors and door handles - think where you need privacy locks they provide for bath and toilet but you need to upgrade for bedrooms.
4. Skirting, cornice and architrave profiles.
5. Wardrobe fitout remember to cancel and get credit for single shelf plus rail / builders doors if you're doing fixout post hndover.
6. Internal acoustic insulation if any
7. Bath and WC accessories (towel rails rings, mixers, mirror etc)
8. Kitchen mixer sink (single/double with drain board, entertainers sink etc)
9. Paint finishes external and internal.
10. Appliances - AC, DW, MW, Oven, cooktop, rangehood - if you have any preferences on style or make or model take it along so you can be priced. Oven some people prefer a 600mm and 300 mm separate to allow for small and larger cooking quantities, others like 900mm and some others 1200mm so think of your lifestyle as well as needs if you have an external kitchen planned etc

Items 3, 4, 7, 8 and 10 you will be shown all available samples to choose from. One of the samples will be standard and others upgrades.

2. External insulation upgrades e.g. include insulation to garage ceiling and walls - is your house 2 storey? What did you do? Is there not any insulation standard for the garage. I was thinking garage is a good backup undercover venue if friends come over and it rains - hadn't thought about how cold/hot it might be

Did you do any security mesh for doors/windows? Thinking of doing after....

There is a note on plans on the right hand side on insulation excluding garage, porch, alfresco. Speak to your sales agent and they will explain.

Security door doing with Hall and Hart for butlers pantry as it’s a glazed door.
Hi Guys
We have gone to tender with H&H, having chosen the Elyse 42 with modifications taking it up to 45sq
The design is pretty heavily modified, where the facade is like the Chelsea Hamptons without balcony, and master and rumpus are to the rear (we have a bush backing block)
While we wait for tender, I am trying to work out where the $ will land.
Can anyone share approx costs paid for the following upgrades?
- Butlers pantry
- Add shower to downstairs toilet
- Upgrade from sliding to awning style windows
- Fixed highline windows (like the Chelsea display @ Marsden Park)
- Shaker style doors to kitchen
- Upgrade laundry to full fitout cabinetry
- Hamptons/shaker style internal doors
- vinyl vs engineered timber to entry, family, living, kitchen
- bulkhead around perimeter of theatre
- Bulkhead over kitchen bench
We will be working through internal selections in August. Any advice on things to watch out for?
Thanks
jamescr
Hi Guys
We have gone to tender with H&H, having chosen the Elyse 42 with modifications taking it up to 45sq
The design is pretty heavily modified, where the facade is like the Chelsea Hamptons without balcony, and master and rumpus are to the rear (we have a bush backing block)
- Butlers pantry
We will be working through internal selections in August. Any advice on things to watch out for?
Thanks

Hi, I think I can help with some with our tender cost for comparison:
- Butlers pantry $5.5k, includes 20mm stone, sink, sink mixer, cupboards,
- changed 0.6 x 1.2m H sliding window to awning were $180
- Provide 4.0m high raised ceiling to dining & family in lieu of 2.75m including fixed highlight windows (like chelsea display) $22.8k
-We had provisioned engineered hardwood flooring (65sqm)- $6.8k plus additional $5.5k to stairs in lieu of carpet but ended up removing it from tender to do it after handover ourselves.
I will be also doing the shaker style kitchen and doors but until internal selections, I wouldn't know the final price. Allowed 11k in tender as a provisional sum for these.

Other than the previous advise on this post already, enjoy the selections process. its the best part! Good Luck!
To upgrade to butlers pantry - fitout and layout i think (hard to follow sometimes)- was 11.5k for us.

Was around 4k to change sitting room to guest with en suite (which obviously achieved you shower in powder room request).
Hi All, anyone willing to share what their total tiling upgrade cost sits, just trying to benchmark ours. Ta.
jamescr
Hi Guys
- Butlers pantry
Thanks

Hi James.

Just wondering how did you go the higher ceilings and highlight windows on the Elyse with the bedrooms over the top? I love the Chelsea at Marsden park with the highlight windows but there is no bedrooms above this?
MG1981
jamescr
Hi Guys
- Butlers pantry
Thanks

Hi James.

Just wondering how did you go the higher ceilings and highlight windows on the Elyse with the bedrooms over the top? I love the Chelsea at Marsden park with the highlight windows but there is no bedrooms above this?

Hi MG

We have a 1.2m drop edge beam that gives us 3.8m high ceilings to the rear dining/kitchen/family, so we were able to fit the high line windows quite nicely

Cheers
Has anyone done a skylight (through 1st level through to ground level) into the kitchen? Can I see a photo (if so) please
HaminZa
Hi All, anyone willing to share what their total tiling upgrade cost sits, just trying to benchmark ours. Ta.

About 3k which I was suprised about as i had picked all tiles from gold range. What I hadnt realised is that some tiles are more labour, like small tiles and larger tiles, also tile patterns, grout colour changes, rectified tiles id picked were more labour as well, then there was changing trims from chrome to black for me. (I had already upgraded to smart tile waste drain thing in my tender...). I rechecked my tender and of course there was something about labour charges for some tile choices....

I guess the upgrade would have been more if my living areas were also tiles or if stayed with the right size tile that isnt additional labour - but i going floor boards there.... Hope that helps.
SDS1

Also which private certifier did you use?[/quote]
Hi SDS1, we used Daniel Connell from www.precisionbuilders.com.au. We did 4 stages with him and found it very useful. He identified stuff that we would not know to check and gave us peace of mind.

We didn't know about the smart controller, only found out about if because our friend upgraded to it (also a H&H build) and we saw how flexible it was to be able to zone individually for rooms, this would be useful at nights to only use the aircon/heater for bedrooms (our kids now want to share a room so it seems like a waste to cool all the rooms upstairs when only 2 bedrooms will be used). Also for day times working from home, I would only need it for the home office while the kids are at school. It can also be controlled on the app so can turn on/off and control the zones wirelessly. I didn't check closely enough during electricals so missed that the standard inclusion was only for 1 controller which has been installed upstairs in our 2-storey build. It's not a huge inconvenience but to turn it on/off/adjust will require going upstairs each time. There is the option to add another controller downstairs and to add multiple fixed zones (which was an additional $450/zone) - but if like us you haven't really thought about which rooms will be used for which function, deciding zones during selections would be too early. If budget stretches, I think the smart aircon would be good upgrade given how difficult it is to upgrade after the build.[/quote]

Thank you Zen appreciate the advise.
Kind regards[/quote]

Re: Smart Controller - any ideas on costing? This forum is so great for ideas/thinking!
msresearcher
HaminZa

About 3k which I was suprised about as i had picked all tiles from gold range. What I hadnt realised is that some tiles are more labour, like small tiles and larger tiles, also tile patterns, grout colour changes, rectified tiles id picked were more labour as well, then there was changing trims from chrome to black for me. (I had already upgraded to smart tile waste drain thing in my tender...). I rechecked my tender and of course there was something about labour charges for some tile choices....

I guess the upgrade would have been more if my living areas were also tiles or if stayed with the right size tile that isnt additional labour - but i going floor boards there.... Hope that helps.

Thanks, much appreciated it. Consultant explained the same. We did selected gold range but now requested to change to smaller tiles. Hopefully this will reduce down to 4-5k since we have tiled main living areas compared to yours, let's see how it goes.

Our dream kitchen quote coming next week.. getting nervous, this is the 'big' one lol
Related
15/01/2024
Hall Way Lighting Suggestion

Lighting + Lighting Design

I have a really long hallway which is 1100mm W x 11500mm L I would appreciate if anyone can give suggestions to light it up with Linear LED lights that goes from wall to…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum