Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

G.J Gardner build - Week 20 - Fitoff

Page 17 of 17
I was imagining lime green for a moment hahaha love the colour choices! your house is gonna look like a display home. I went to Metricon's over the weekend (getting paid for it) and its so depressing to see their furnishes were so high end!
I was looking at the pictures with the 4 doors clustered together and thought... what the heck kind of room is that going to be?! Then I realised you were at painting stage and they weren't fixed to the frame

I think the green will look nice!
Lol - yeah, I was worried the green would look funny, but seeing up on the wall, happy.
It’s a cool idea with the doors, makes it all too easy
Week - Not sure... ive missed a few weeks being in hospital and getting back to work...

The only thing happening to the house is the painting is finished off and I think some finishing work has been done by the plumber and electrician.

Other than that, it’s slowed down a bit.

I’ve been on the selling spree in recent weeks, bush bikes gone, and a bunch of stuff we have been meaning to get rid of.

The owners of our house we rent have had a few open homes, that’s a pain...
Stopped by the house today - as routine I check all doors and windows. Front door - open. Called SS and left a message.
While we were looking outside, the cleaner turned up. That gave us an opportunity to have a look inside.
Taps, door handles, Aircon, wardrobe doors done.
I have mixed feelings on the finish off so far.
While it looks like care has been taken on some things, no care on other things.

Dint's in the walls that I noted on our last inspection were still there, just painted over. The ceiling paintwork looks terrible. Scuff marks on bench tops, small gaps around power points. We specifically mentioned more times than I can count that the linen cupboard was not to have shelves at one end. We even took the SS and showed him what we wanted. Sure enough, shelves.... So thats got to be fixed. THing is, the shelves are screwed into walls.

Rubbish round the yard - take away bags and mother cans.

There is an inch gal above the alfresco sliding door on the outside. I didn't get a pic today, but that will need to be fixed. Not sure how. From looking at it, a custom door will need to be made.

Screws and nails on the floor inside that people have been walking on and scratching the tiles through the sheets of painters paper.

People leaning tools and what not up against walls.... The cleaner let her broom fall against the wall but it didn't leave a mark.

I'm requesting a walkthrough for next week to start my defect list - I'm not waiting weeks after PCI to get the keys.

Other than those things - i'm fairly happy with the quality.
Just a quick update, popped by the house and found one of the doors open again. I had a box of dot stickers in the car, so went to town
while a lot of issues were marked with tape, we picked up so many that weren’t.
Just a note here also for the record, it’s not nice to see dried up urine on the toilet rim - seat was left up. Still, not as bad as someone saying there was an unflushed big in their toilet.
Also, I mentioned the damage to the new colourbond fence the next door neighbour put up - I paid for half, I did actually see a pile of bricks leaning against it one day. Anyway, SS swears that his brickies would never have done that and the ground is too low for the pile to fall and make that damage. Refuses to fix it.
BrentandAllison
Just a quick update, popped by the house and found one of the doors open again. I had a box of dot stickers in the car, so went to town
while a lot of issues were marked with tape, we picked up so many that weren’t.
Just a note here also for the record, it’s not nice to see dried up urine on the toilet rim - seat was left up. Still, not as bad as someone saying there was an unflushed big in their toilet.

House almost complete
few touch ups and fixes to happen. Now we wait till next year.....
Week - Immmm not sure

The 4 weeks over Christmas was such a long wait. Nothing happening... we did manage to put up a section of fencing, to make sure the dogs couldn’t get out.

We had our PCI today, not much to mention really. A few paint touch ups and a section of square set has come apart a little bit. It was a section they had to redo - but clearly didn’t do it correctly.

We are getting the keys on Friday

In other news, we have been shopping:) Have the couch situation sorted, media and fridge.

not much happening with the house, but lots happening to organise the move!
BrentandAllison
Week - Immmm not sure

The 4 weeks over Christmas was such a long wait. Nothing happening... we did manage to put up a section of fencing, to make sure the dogs couldn’t get out.

We had our PCI today, not much to mention really. A few paint touch ups and a section of square set has come apart a little bit. It was a section they had to redo - but clearly didn’t do it correctly.

In other news, we have been shopping:) Have the couch situation sorted, media and fridge.

Congrats! Rest up its gonna be crazyyyyyyyy. I shouldve just moved to bunnings
pandibabi
BrentandAllison
Week - Immmm not sure

Congrats! Rest up its gonna be crazyyyyyyyy. I shouldve just moved to bunnings

Hahaha - this ^^^^^^

I totally get it
Yay! Keys! Handover was very stressful - miscommunication on both sides - got it sorted in the end.

It was not special - it was not a nice experience. We just wanted it to be over. No congratulation - it was only when we went back to the office with a bank cheque we were congratulated by the admin staff. Props to them for dealing with so much from customers.

There were a few things that were promised that were not delivered.
Gerney of the garage and portico floors. There is mud still everywhere.

The floors inside were only swept and not mopped.
Even if they were my tiles done seperate - I still expect them to be moped.

A few of the defects that were marked have not been fixed. Tape were removed.

There GJG temp mesh the holds back rubbish - not removed.

Glad we are moving in, big move is on Wednesday. 80% of the house is already moved - us and a trailer

Cheers
Congratulations! You would think they'd make it a nice experience when its such an exciting time for you.
Different personalities I guess...
Update
3 weeks since we have moved in - things are progressing at a rapid rate.

Driveway complete
Outdoor tiling completed
Pendant lights installed

The puppies have settled in very nicely - they love the tiles and aircon

We are now working on the outside - levelling the block, small retaining walls and gardens.

Allison has managed to run the 4x4 into the wall at the end of the garage already - I don't have the emotional capacity to deal with the 2 holes she punched in the plaster right now....
BrentandAllison
Update

Driveway complete
Outdoor tiling completed
Pendant lights installed

We are now working on the outside - levelling the block, small retaining walls and gardens.

Allison has managed to run the 4x4 into the wall at the end of the garage already - I don't have the emotional capacity to deal with the 2 holes she punched in the plaster right now....

Shoot you serious?! thank god no structural damage? I just got concrete footpaths and extended my alfresco another 6m.. im out of cash tho
haha so still got outside tiling, landscaping to do.. we are settling in but still feel so much to do
BrentandAllison
Update

Driveway complete
Outdoor tiling completed
Pendant lights installed

We managed to bust our garage door a mere 3 weeks after we moved in, so I feel your pain.
Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum