Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Security

Page 1 of 1
I have a question. i don't know how much relevant it is. I have not reached the building phase yet.
When we decide on any builders, do they include security systems/alarms as well in their quote?
chrisbon
I have a question. i don't know how much relevant it is. I have not reached the building phase yet.
When we decide on any builders, do they include security systems/alarms as well in their quote?
Most will offer that as an optional extra, but it's unlikely to be included in any quote you obtain.

Most big builders will have security alarms with their inclusions

Can someone recommend me good builders to consider? and how much price range i should expect from them?
chrisbon

Porter Davis did offer one as an optional extra. Was between $1000-$2000 from memory.

You would probably have more choice of range installing one post build.

- View my blog at www.waldorfgrangebuild.wordpress.com
rayDC2R
Most big builders will have security alarms with their inclusions

Most big builders don't even include flooring...

chrisbon
Can someone recommend me good builders to consider? and how much price range i should expect from them?
That will depend on where you want to build, the slope of the land and what size of house you want to build.

Related
23/05/2023
Security Account for Post Contract Variations??

Building A New House

It seems very clear to me that your contract states that a security account does NOT need to be established so the answer to the builder is NO. If in doubt find a contract…

25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

21/10/2023
Rain coming through security door

General Discussion

Hi When it rains in a particular direction water comes through the security door. It hits the main door and the bottom swells and jams. There is already a cover over the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum