Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairmont Homes - Custom build

Page 1 of 1
Hi!

Frequent visitor..posting for the first time.

After couple of months of swinging between builders, we are finally going with Fairmont homes. Our build is in Adelaide..a single storey, modified Baltimore. We modified it so much..it needs to be called Balti'more than enough'!

Will shortly upload our floorplan. I don't know if it's me..but at every stage of this process, I have a nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something
..and everytime I go through the plan, there's some brand new discovery

Hopefully will stay sane till the build completes
Post moved
Hi Manga_gelato, welcome! We are builing with Fairmont in Myponga and we are really happy with progress. I love your plan - there looks to be a lot of room for storage in both the kitchen and the laundry
I'm not sure if that feeling of forgetting something ever goes away, you just get to the point where you are past the point of no return and have to let it go! This forum has been a wealth of knowledge though

We are custom building as well and I designed my plan on the Stanley app (magic plan) and I’m constantly staring at it moving things and then moving them back. There’s always something that could be tweaked.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
bubbles_family
Hi Manga_gelato, welcome! We are builing with Fairmont in Myponga and we are really happy with progress. I love your plan - there looks to be a lot of room for storage in both the kitchen and the laundry
I'm not sure if that feeling of forgetting something ever goes away, you just get to the point where you are past the point of no return and have to let it go! This forum has been a wealth of knowledge though

Thank you, bubbles! All the best for your build!

we have tried our best to stuff in as much space as possible...but that meant more built up and a smaller lawn behind (abt 5 mt length * 10 mt wide
)

we are in midst of deciding which flooring to go for and luxury vinyl planks seem to be winning.cant believe they are more expensive than laminate

As you are building with the same builder...did your costs vary a lot (like 15 k+) compared to your final quote? I've heard they tend to demand higher costs once you start building.
sparrowsnest
We are custom building as well and I designed my plan on the Stanley app (magic plan) and I’m constantly staring at it moving things and then moving them back. There’s always something that could be tweaked.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
/

Hi sparrow...I like your house...its huge! so lucky
Have you started building?
mango_gelato
sparrowsnest

/

Hi sparrow...I like your house...its huge! so lucky
Have you started building?

Thank you Mango. I’m loving my floor plan so far. We are still in the admin phase. I can’t wait to start!
We are going with the luxury vinyl too. I’m not sold on it but it’s my Husband’s choice. Every now and again I let him get his way lol.

We had our selection appointment today at Direct's. Went pretty ok. We meet supreme kitchen guys on Monday.

It amazes me how door knobs without locks are a standard offering? Like "if you want privacy, you have to pay for it!" ridiculous. And who gives a sh!7 about grout shape.

Ah, never mind. Lets see how the other appointments go.
Hi mango_getalo,

We have a very similar floor plan but ours is a little larger. We must have similar sized blocks! Ours is 9.14 x 45.72, what is yours? We have a tight backyard as well including alfresco its 9.14w x 8m deep (but on the bright side we will both have little maintenance)!

We are building with Fairmont. I found I had prepared myself fairly well for selections but didn't realise the consultant would have less idea about products than me! When we asked for advise on why this type over that or the difference between something she had no clue. Also we included lots of upgrades in the initial quote as I knew exactly what I wanted from the start but even then those little things I thought should be included were just cost after cost upgrade its shocking hey!

Looking forward to watching your build
when do you think you'll start?

We have our final builders interview at the start of Nov, I'm running out of patience (we signed contract at start of Feb but have had hold up after hold up!!) so fingers crossed we might have some movement by Feb next year haha\
Hello mango_gelato 😊we too are building with fairmont and although the administration side of things took forever our build is coming along great 😀
As far as extra costs once your slab is down and your soil is removed your contract price will not change 😊
mango_gelato
bubbles_family

Thank you, bubbles! All the best for your build!

we have tried our best to stuff in as much space as possible...but that meant more built up and a smaller lawn behind (abt 5 mt length * 10 mt wide
)

we are in midst of deciding which flooring to go for and luxury vinyl planks seem to be winning.cant believe they are more expensive than laminate

As you are building with the same builder...did your costs vary a lot (like 15 k+) compared to your final quote? I've heard they tend to demand higher costs once you start building.
I’m building with Fairmont aswell I’m at the framing stage and just updated my post with a photo of the gutters and fascias installed from yesterday.
Our contract hasn’t been changed since before our slab went down we didn’t have soil removal as we have a slightly sloped block and asked if the soil could be kept and spread out and that was fine with them!
Hello Dan

Are you building in NSW and how’s you exp so far. We are thinking to sign a contract with them.
GD3
Hello Dan

Are you building in NSW and how’s you exp so far. We are thinking to sign a contract with them.

Building in SA GD3
Everything has went well and as planned any hiccups have been sorted pretty quickly
Been quite happy
Very cool guys! Good luck with the build!
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum