Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a jgking belva

Page 1 of 2
Hi all just wanting to share our house build and track its progress!
We have officially broken ground this week! Woohoo!

Congrats on the start marshi! Looks like your block is very flat!
yep it was a fairly flat block!! still got stung a bit on site costs, needed a few piers in the slab etc.. it is amazing how much a big tree on the block next door can affect things!
JGKing Shepparton?
emts
JGKing Shepparton?

Yep! How did u know? 😂
we are through them as well.

been a very smooth process.

what's the initials of your supervisor? if you have MB as well, we have been very happy with him.
Nah ours is D something. That's great to hear it has all gone smoothly for you. Which plan are you building?
lexington 240
had some delays at start with the council not know what was what, (totally out of JGKings hands as it was for the septic our plumber was providing)

once that cleared and they could get onsite it was smooth sailing

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87762
Slab is down.

Congrats!

Is there much of a wait for the frame these days? We had a bit of a wait but saw others that had it worse after us.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
we were told normally 7 week wait.

however some-one accidentally ordered our by mistake months early so was delivered a couple days after slab and installed the following week.

If you drive around shepparton there is just so many JG homes going up I can see why the delay.
I don't think so. The site supervisor didn't mention that when we met with him a couple of weeks ago.. he had ordered it, and said it will be quicker/easier if it comes out of the ?Tocumwal factory rather than Ballarat factory I think
7 weeks is absurd! It wasn't that long ago that they would have them delivered the week after slab and put up straight away. We were told 2 weeks with framers to start onsite the day after, this blew out to 3 weeks for delivery and a month before they started erecting. Took them 3 weeks to get it finished. I think we were right at the start of the factory not keeping up, it seemed to get much worse after us. I was hoping they had found a way to get back on track by now.
So after waiting the last week and half and driving past the slab, and no frame had arrived. I emailed SS yesterday and he said at this stage frame is booked for 30/11 😑😵

A couple of weeks ago he said we should be at lock up by end of Nov
They really need to find a way to fix the problem they have with frame supply. Losing a month of every contract to waiting for a frame to be delivered must be hurting them.
Yep I'm not overly impressed. nothing about delays on frames were ever mentioned.
Costing us an extra month of rent while it is just sitting there
Yes it's incredibly frustrating. We weren't warned either. If it wasn't for our last couple of SS speeding things up a bit we would still be nowhere near finished. I still wouldn't be surprised if we're not in by Christmas.

It pays not to think about the rent and the extra interest, the build is stressful enough
Frame came earlier than expected thank goodness

Some trusses
More progress

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum