Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ausbuild Finlay 36 - Handover completed!

Page 4 of 5
Hi Paul, thanks, been watching via Sandra's posts and thought it be time I join.

I have been on site daily after they finish on my way home, keeping a close eye on proceedings. Been told that if we see anything we not sure of to let our SS know which I have, but seems they don't like it to much, but when ppl spend the money we all are, we expect it done right first time round. Hence why we building and not renovating.

I've seen at the neighbour they threw out a pallet and more as well, also taken out all the full sheets of colourbond they threw out, i have a use for them.
I've seen loads of bricks thrown out already, and im really confused as they whole and the bricks that aren't getting rendered.. So will be asking the bricks be kept aside out back as w doing a fire pit and some wall so would like to use those to match the house. The waste is unbelievable... But guess we paying and it is what it is.

Your house is also looking great, when we were planning ours there wasn't any built display homes to view so we hoped it was a good particle house, but since then we seen one in progress which is done in gumdale, and then now yours via pics and out side and feel much relief on what we decided.

Well I hope the bickies finish so cladding can start and solar can go on then hope inside will pick up..
Hope you get in yours soon, can't see it will be much longer for you..

Have a great eve
Hey Grant,

There were two Finlay 36's at Gumdale. We have kept in contact with one of the owners and he showed us through after they moved in. The second Gumdale house was built for sale. We dropped past when the real estate agent had an open house and he said it was one of the best upper floor plans he had seen. Very livable.

We are hoping to be in early November so keep in touch and come over when we are able to give you a walk through. Our next door neighbours also had Ken so they may be able to give you an incite into the hand over process.

I see you are getting solar during construction. Did Ausbuild organise this? We have opted for solar after handover. Local company that are doing around 6.6kw panels and 5kw inverter for $4,800 fully installed. The Gumdale Finlay used the same company and went with a lessor inverter and only paid $4,000 fully installed. Lately they have been getting 32kw per day on a sunny day. Their aspect is east/west.

Cheers, Paul
Hi Paul, thanks def will do that, Ken been good so far and don't have any complaints, we have requested the stacker doors end glass be swopped around so the first opening door is in the living area, awaiting feedback re this but was told there is structural change that I did not understand, but then Sandra called and hopefully they have understood, if not ive stated I want to meet with Ken and the door installer /manufacturer that said it will be structural change..

We putting in a 6.4 KW but the catch.... We need 3 phase power due to doing a smart home he he he, the pool getting heater/cooler, planned electric awning and then upped the AC too so the solar ended us on $6400.. The same solar in Single phase was $5100

We did our own solar thru a mates in law that owns goodhew solar.. And hence we have to have it done during the cladding. And due to that the guys doing the vents for the loo didn't think and not happy in the placement, hope it doesn't stuff with the panels, but been told we should be getting good return on the solar as we also east west facing.

Our bathroom change was also inspired by the one in gumdale, as didn't think the vanity would be nice facing the road side, now we just love the flow..

I'm keen to see the front door lock they use so I can order our biometric front door system, just another gadget to add, having kids lose keys won't be an issue and can be controlled all remotely.

As Sandra said the electrical was a nightmare, and planning a smart home when the electrical consultant knew nothing yet was keen to hand out and sell, it was disturbing, i got in contact with the technical guy and got the entire history and functionality of the izone, yet the ops manager and another manager had a conference call telling me I've been to privy to too much info, and got real annoyed but stood my ground and made it clear their electrical consultants need training on what the try promote.. The other manager called me back apologising and agreed they have no idea what they actually selling or how it works, looks and connects.. They want to use our setup as selling point.. I'm in two minds as I've done the research and leg work...
But we past that and now looking forward to the setup and ease..
Cheers
Grant
GrantFC
Hi Paul, thanks def will do that, Ken been good so far and don't have any complaints, we have requested the stacker doors end glass be swopped around so the first opening door is in the living area, awaiting feedback re this but was told there is structural change that I did not understand, but then Sandra called and hopefully they have understood, if not ive stated I want to meet with Ken and the door installer /manufacturer that said it will be structural change..

We putting in a 6.4 KW but the catch.... We need 3 phase power due to doing a smart home he he he, the pool getting heater/cooler, planned electric awning and then upped the AC too so the solar ended us on $6400.. The same solar in Single phase was $5100

We did our own solar thru a mates in law that owns goodhew solar.. And hence we have to have it done during the cladding. And due to that the guys doing the vents for the loo didn't think and not happy in the placement, hope it doesn't stuff with the panels, but been told we should be getting good return on the solar as we also east west facing.

Our bathroom change was also inspired by the one in gumdale, as didn't think the vanity would be nice facing the road side, now we just love the flow..

I'm keen to see the front door lock they use so I can order our biometric front door system, just another gadget to add, having kids lose keys won't be an issue and can be controlled all remotely.

As Sandra said the electrical was a nightmare, and planning a smart home when the electrical consultant knew nothing yet was keen to hand out and sell, it was disturbing, i got in contact with the technical guy and got the entire history and functionality of the izone, yet the ops manager and another manager had a conference call telling me I've been to privy to too much info, and got real annoyed but stood my ground and made it clear their electrical consultants need training on what the try promote.. The other manager called me back apologising and agreed they have no idea what they actually selling or how it works, looks and connects.. They want to use our setup as selling point.. I'm in two minds as I've done the research and leg work...
Cheers
Grant

Hi Grant

Just curious what your 3 phase cost you as we are still waiting on quote for it and it's sub board I think it's called. We didn't end up smart wiring either as they said they didn't do smart wiring which was disappointing but clipsal has said we can retrofit a fair few things. Curious how you wired ?
Valandra
GrantFC

Cheers
Grant

Hi Grant

Just curious what your 3 phase cost you as we are still waiting on quote for it and it's sub board I think it's called. We didn't end up smart wiring either as they said they didn't do smart wiring which was disappointing but clipsal has said we can retrofit a fair few things. Curious how you wired ?

Hi
Guess Sandra inst busy at work... he he he
So that's the cost of the Cable and the Sub Board is $358, Solar to go to 3 phase was an additional $800 i think for the inverter.
When it comes to the wiring, its standard wiring, the I-lights are the ones with wireless in the Down light, not the same as your standard wireless, it uses a separate bridge that is run off your aircon the I-Zone system, we upgraded it to the Nexus tablet which is the latest but they don't sell the latest you have to pay extra for that $550 then you add modules for Reticulation and Garage and devices, we have 8 Aircon zones dedicated in the house and all controlled separately within a few degrees of each other.
the whole system is expandable and if you want to chat to someone that will give you the correct info i can give you the number of the tech and he is ever willing to assist.

The Front door lock will be independent for now till i can integrate it into the home automation, however can be managed remote i believe, if not i will be going for one that is remotely accessible from behind my firewall. the entire house with some programming can be tied to OK Google or Siri, or any of those voice systems.

Grant
GrantFC
Hi
Guess Sandra inst busy at work... he he he
So that's the cost of the Cable and the Sub Board is $358, Solar to go to 3 phase was an additional $800 i think for the inverter.
When it comes to the wiring, its standard wiring, the I-lights are the ones with wireless in the Down light, not the same as your standard wireless, it uses a separate bridge that is run off your aircon the I-Zone system, we upgraded it to the Nexus tablet which is the latest but they don't sell the latest you have to pay extra for that $550 then you add modules for Reticulation and Garage and devices, we have 8 Aircon zones dedicated in the house and all controlled separately within a few degrees of each other.
the whole system is expandable and if you want to chat to someone that will give you the correct info i can give you the number of the tech and he is ever willing to assist.

The Front door lock will be independent for now till i can integrate it into the home automation, however can be managed remote i believe, if not i will be going for one that is remotely accessible from behind my firewall. the entire house with some programming can be tied to OK Google or Siri, or any of those voice systems.

Grant

Thank you, I was imagining thousands of dollars when she said she'd have to look into the pricing. Ww have a 12 zone air on system and will be looking into home automation and solar, so definitely need the 3 phase! Haven't heard of the Izone system but will definitely have google!
One of the Finlay 36s at Gumdale estate installed the iZone system for aircon and irrigation initially. He had quite a bit of problem initially as the installers didn't know what they were doing. The iZone people had to come out a couple of times before they finally got it working properly with the airconditoner. I believe it has been working great ever since.
Im hoping we don't have issues, I have the technical guys contact number and I'm sure we'll get it working pretty fast.. The my air system is plaugued with updates and issues, the developers of izone broke away and created the I zone which is far more reliable then the other guys system.. I'll keep you up to date when we get to that stage..
Sandra checked out time line to yours and bang on.. Bricks finish tomorrow the brikkie said today, he's been throwing bricks away like crazy.. I'll be doing tip diving soon to get them out... He stacking the rest now.
Plumbing fit out was completed today. Electrical just needs the switches and power points installed. Lights are in place and holes cutout for the switches/power points.

Here are some photos of the plumbing...

Main ensuite

Laundry

Downstairs toilet and powder room

Bed 4/5 ensuite
Is that a hanging rail above your laundry sink? Very clever idea! I'm going to steal it
Yep! Sure is. No additional cost but we had to ask for it. Don't know why they don't just offer it during the sales process. Anyway, we asked and they delivered.
Looking amazing! So close now
Thanks SandraCMA

We were advised today that PCI is scheduled for 25 October and handover will be 2 November if all goes well.

The items still to be done between now and then are:

Here are some more pics - Fish eye lens - some distortion

Carpets and window furnishings are being done after handover.

Wow Yay! So happy for you guys! We just had cabinetry installed today

Looking good Sandracma. Bench tops should be on shortly and then it really starts to come together.

Did you go for the Arto oval vanity basins? I find it interesting that the standard kitchen has no windows, yet every Finlay build I have seen have added windows.

How did the bricks go?
All going well. Letterbox has been installed a lot earlier than expected.

I wouldn't accept it Paul. We are paying enough to have to deal with a damaged appliance
I wouldn't accept it Paul. We are paying enough to have to deal with a damaged appliance. We won't accept any damage to anything. It's unacceptable for the price we are paying.
Related
1/04/2024
Unsigned variations after a new home is completed

Building A New House

Any advice on a builder in NSW who is demanding an extra 22000k after the house is completed and contract paid in full .Standard HIA contract. Never received a variation.…

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum