Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Best location in our ensuite for the loo

Page 1 of 1
Hi there!

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that can give us some insight into the best location to place our ensuite loo.
Our ensuite will have a shower room, a bath, single vanity and toilet. (Prefer bench space over a sink):

Please note: the window will be central.. it’s misplaced atm due to a misunderstanding.

In the shower room, we are also having a seat placed in the wall closest to the ensuite entry door.
We are unsure whether or not we should have the toilet next to the window or next to the shower screen. The shower door does swing 180’.

Externally, No one will be able to see into our ensuite. There will be a door placed onto the ensuite entry to meet building guidelines.

Looking forward to hearing some advice.

Regards,

Mimpi.

Can you show us more of the plans, because we can’t see what is on the other side of the wall from the toilet? Also, do you really need a bath in the ensuite? Seems like a lot of space to allocate to something that might not get used very often.
I would put the toilet where the shower is, with either a door opening into robe area or an internal sliding door. Then put a vanity right across from robe wall to external wall where the bath is now. The opposite space (backing on to the ? bedroom) can be used for shower and bath (combined wet area). Although personally I would scrap the bath in this ensuite as the space is not big enough to make it an amazing feature.

arcadelt
Can you show us more of the plans, because we can’t see what is on the other side of the wall from the toilet? Also, do you really need a bath in the ensuite? Seems like a lot of space to allocate to something that might not get used very often.

The room on the other side of the toilet is the master bedroom.
Yes, the bath is needed in the ensuite. Hence it’s location.
Mrsxtro01
I would put the toilet where the shower is, with either a door opening into robe area or an internal sliding door. Then put a vanity right across from robe wall to external wall where the bath is now. The opposite space (backing on to the ? bedroom) can be used for shower and bath (combined wet area). Although personally I would scrap the bath in this ensuite as the space is not big enough to make it an amazing feature.

The bath hasn’t been added as an “amazing feature”. It’s been added to bathe in.
We like the current layout. Thank you anyway for your suggestion.
arcadelt

We’ve just received the revised copy from a meeting we had two days ago.
Hope this helps.
Mimpi
Hope this helps.

Given the extra plan detail and your comments about the bath, the only suggestion I would make is to either move the toilet off the common wall between the ensuite and the Bedroom, or to ensure that the wall behind the toilet is very well insulated for sound isolation. The refilling cycle of a toilet is notoriously loud and you don't want to be disturbing the other partner who might still be sleeping in the bedroom.
arcadelt
Mimpi
Hope this helps.

Given the extra plan detail and your comments about the bath, the only suggestion I would make is to either move the toilet off the common wall between the ensuite and the Bedroom, or to ensure that the wall behind the toilet is very well insulated for sound isolation. The refilling cycle of a toilet is notoriously loud and you don't want to be disturbing the other partner who might still be sleeping in the bedroom.

Thank you for the heads up.
Not sure if this works...but I am a fan of an enclosed toilet to contain noise and smells. Only a 720mm swing door for toilet.

This plan gives a bit more robe space but requires the bath to be under the window. Just a thought.

Related
29/06/2023
Location manhole access

Rental Property

do you have a flat metal roof

17/11/2023
Help understanding Boundary Survey and Nail Location

Building A New House

ask the surveyor for clarification would be the logical approach

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home