Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Merricks 45 with Metricon

Page 4 of 5

Clean
My island bench size is 310 x 135 (Silestone Ariel). And I insisted it to be a single piece without joins. On the final plans it was mentioned - Continuous Jumbo Slap without Joins.

When I had a peep yesterday in the house, they prepared some final things to put on the slab. I noticed that they are planning to put two pieces. I alerted the SS about this. He is a nice guy. He called me later and told that he spoke to few guys in the chain about this and assured that I am going to have a single piece without joins

What is the colour of your upper kitchen cupboards?
Kitchen overhead cupboards are Laminex Impressions Domain with Nuance finish. Metricon used them in a quite a few designer homes. The same is used in Ensuite cabinets ( picture above with two sinks). Kitchen cabintes (bottom) are white.
Update on tiling.
Metricon is completing their tiling in wet areas as per the photoes posted. I am going to do upto ceiling and all walls after hand over. I explained it to the tiler doing the work for Metricon. He is doing in such a way that there will not be problem for matching the lines later.
I have already ordered the tiles of same batch from Beaumont. They did a pretty good job in finding the same batch and also gave a pricing with a discount of around 45%. I felt it was a pretty good deal. Beaumont head office was not great. They said for two tiles the same batches are not available which was disappointing. However, my local buaumont were able to trace the batches and ordered for them.
Clean

Nice choice of tile colours. May I know the size? Thanks
600x600
Clean
600x600

Thanks. That's why it looks good too 😊
Melbournevic
Clean
600x600

Thanks. That's why it looks good too 😊

Stained now.
Clean
Stained now.

That ceiling looks great, what a feature
Thanks for your compliment mate. It turned out to be almost as I imagined when I have gone for it.

Hope your journey progressing well. My settlement is to be happen on this month end. However, they could not get gas connection which delayed the handover.
That's a pimp looking kitchen, very nice!!
Beautiful kitchen - are those overhead cupboards Domain? We have gone with Domain Silk Finish for each side of our island. Love that ceiling!!
Yep, that is Domain. Nuance finish. Ceiling has taken Black Japan. Same as the staircase.
Getting there, the handover is this week. Any tips relating to handover please.
how much you can save for the tile job by yourself?
Metricon charges $90 m2 for standard ceramic tiles. I am getting porc 60x60 laid $75 and my estimate is M charges around $140 for this. You can now calculate depending on the area.
Clean
Metricon charges $90 m2 for standard ceramic tiles. I am getting porc 60x60 laid $75 and my estimate is M charges around $140 for this. You can now calculate depending on the area.

oh, the contract which Metricon gave me shows I don't need to pay any extra for 40*40 standard ceramic tiles. I don't know how much I need to pay if I upgrade to proc 60*60......
You won't need to pay any extra for the standard tiles in the wet areas - this is included in the base price for the house. What Clean is quoting you is what M charge to lay the tiles in additional areas such as entry/kitchen/living etc.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All πŸ™‚ We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum