Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Edge 39 MKI - Lake Macquarie

Page 2 of 10
SteveMc
KateAndDuke
SteveMc
Far out! That's a serious $$$$ window. I remember that upgrade list was huge on that staircase and window on display.
One of the drop dead gorgeous design ideas in the edge.
Now you just need that Zen pond outside

It’s weird that my favourite room in the house might end up being the hallway.

No koi pond for us. I’m thinking of a nice feature tree like a Japanese maple. Although it does face west so the maple may not like that.

Check out forest pansy. They have beautiful wide leaves purple and black which drop in autumn and flower in spring. Perfect shrubs and trees on the western side are deciduous species.
I've seen these in hot western aspects.

Cercis canadensis 'Forest Pansy'

This small attractive tree has spectacular heart shaped burgundy coloured leaves that continually change colour throughout the year. The branches have a distinctive, smooth dark brown wood which contrasts well with the blossom like pink flowers that are bourne before the re-emergence of burgundy leaves once again in spring.

Family: Leguminosae
Mature Size (h x w): 5 x 5m grafted
Form: V-Shaped
Genus: Cercis

Gorgeous!!!

Congrats guys, it all looks great. We fell in love with the Edge when we walked thru too. And now we have been living on the Edge for 12 months, we love it even more. It's perfect for our family and lifestyle. We managed to squeeze the Edge 39 on a 12m wide block.
We had so much trouble picking colours and tiles. And then we changed to bamboo flooring and had to redo it all. Raven is a great colour, we picked it too.

Good luck with the build. I'm sure you guys will love it.

So good to hear Bav. Once we saw the Edge design it was hard to find anything that beat it. It also suits the shape and size of our block too.

We spent AGES trying to decide on colours, tiles, kitchen, etc. We thought were were super organised going into the internals selection and it still took all day without a lunch break. Tip for newbies - don't go into the selections with no idea and thinking you can just decide on the day. Same with the electrical appointment!
I reckon a Jacaranda would go alright on the other side of that window
Love all of your selections! Looking forward to seeing it come to life!

Some of the windows delivered late last week. Bricks due on site tomorrow.

Actually looking like an Edge now . . .

Looking good K&D!

Your selections all come together quite well and complement the façade!

Keep up the progress pics! Following very closely
To the Edge builders out there - how many a/c outlets do you have in your kitchen/dining/living space? I note that the display has four so I’ve always assumed that’s what we would have. Our plans have always shown only three and overall in the house only 11 (although we have the provision of 12).

I raised this a few times during the admin stage and it was always deferred to later. Now we are at the build we’ve raised it again with our site supervisor who has said we will have an on-site meeting with the a/c mob to sort it out. We need to know for sure because the wall voids need to be in the right spot upstairs to service downstairs either side of the steel beams.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

KateAndDuke
To the Edge builders out there - how many a/c outlets do you have in your kitchen/dining/living space? I note that the display has four so I’ve always assumed that’s what we would have. Our plans have always shown only three and overall in the house only 11 (although we have the provision of 12).

I raised this a few times during the admin stage and it was always deferred to later. Now we are at the build we’ve raised it again with our site supervisor who has said we will have an on-site meeting with the a/c mob to sort it out. We need to know for sure because the wall voids need to be in the right spot upstairs to service downstairs either side of the steel beams.

We have 4 outlets, you really need 4 as the main family room is quite large and has lots of big windows. Did they upgrade the AC unit for you guys to?

bavshan
KateAndDuke

We have 4 outlets, you really need 4 as the main family room is quite large and has lots of big windows. Did they upgrade the AC unit for you guys to?

Yes they did upgrade it. No idea why they didn’t note four on the plans in the first place in the living space. I agree I think it needs four. We just need to make sure there’s provision upstairs for the ducting. Not keen for that to be an issue later.

I've got 4 in the lounge kitchen dining area. Biggest regret was an outlet in the laundry. I got a second outlet installed in the master suite after handover due to poor air flow. So push for 4 and maybe consider an outlet in your laundry.

Bricks have arrived. Ugly ones for the render and nice ones for the side of the house.

So drones are really cool . . .

Upstairs layout.

KateAndDuke
So drones are really cool . . .

Upstairs layout.

Looking good KD!

It's progressing quite quickly for you which is good to see.

Any chance you could share your plans - very interested in how you've positioned everything with the master bedroom moved to the back

Plans for those interested:

Bricks started going up today!

I’m really liking the Austral Urban Silver brick.

KateAndDuke

Good job you like them seeing as you're house is being built with them

Did you see the Edge showhome at Kellyville? If so, please tell me you're going to put a small pond outside the windows of the stairs like they had, the reflection into the hallway was fantastic!!! We went with the Balmoral but when we saw this window, we had windows put up our stairs (we have a solid staircase rather than the floating staircase you have) but it just looked fantastic, we had to copy as best we could.

These are pics from the Video but doesn't show the reflection into the hallway

Bear
TheBear
KateAndDuke

Good job you like them seeing as you're house is being built with them

Did you see the Edge showhome at Kellyville? If so, please tell me you're going to put a small pond outside the windows of the stairs like they had, the reflection into the hallway was fantastic!!! We went with the Balmoral but when we saw this window, we had windows put up our stairs (we have a solid staircase rather than the floating staircase you have) but it just looked fantastic, we had to copy as best we could.

These are pics from the Video but doesn't show the reflection into the hallway

Bear

Hi Bear,

The set up in the display is gorgeous, but I don't think we will do the pond
Our current plan is a feature tree with nice foliage/flowers that we can light up a night. This will also provide from privacy from the public park that we can see from the big window.
Trusses are up!

Related
17/03/2024
Any reputable custom builder in lake macquarie area

Building A New House

It is in lake macquarie area and dimensions are width 14 m and depth 8 m and the slope is 1/5 going down from the road.

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum