Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Edge 39 MKI - Lake Macquarie

Page 7 of 10
View the thread on Chrome and it's all there. Tapatalk seems to have an issue on the home one server with my previous app version. Now after updating the app it's showing all the pics... Time to update

Wow your place is looking fantastic

Hi guys, as we are about a month or so out from moving in, we’ve started thinking about internet connection. As this is a subdivided block in an established suburb, everything needs to be set up new. The NBN (fibre to the curb) is due to be in place between Oct-Dec this year according to the NBN website.

So what do we do? Do we need to have Telstra come out and connect anything? We don’t plan on having a working landline phone (no real point these days). Can we have some interim internet solution until the NBN is available?

Hi,

AFAIK, if you are NBN eligible, you won't be able to get any other fixed line service to cover you until the NBN actually goes in. Options I can think of are a Telstra Nighthawk - https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/mo ... ghthawk-m1
A bit expensive but assuming it's only an interim thing it's a good option

Upgrade your phone contracts and hotspot everything (not exactly an option)

Find a wireless provider that does a 6 month contract.

That's all I can think of

Bear
If you have good Optus 4g Reception this product is good to use as a home gateway. I got one on a month by month vivid plan for my parents in Galston. It's got about 8mps which was way better than their ADSL.
https://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband ... vQodJRkMaQ

KateAndDuke
Hi guys, as we are about a month or so out from moving in, we’ve started thinking about internet connection. As this is a subdivided block in an established suburb, everything needs to be set up new. The NBN (fibre to the curb) is due to be in place between Oct-Dec this year according to the NBN website.

So what do we do? Do we need to have Telstra come out and connect anything? We don’t plan on having a working landline phone (no real point these days). Can we have some interim internet solution until the NBN is available?

Ask your friendly neighbourhood IT guy, he knows all about that stuff and might have a solution.
k.goldington
KateAndDuke

Ask your friendly neighbourhood IT guy, he knows all about that stuff and might have a solution.

Definitely on the list of people to chat to

Lovings the 4 pendants and bench in the kitchen, amazing design
SteveMc
If you have good Optus 4g Reception this product is good to use as a home gateway. I got one on a month by month vivid plan for my parents in Galston. It's got about 8mps which was way better than their ADSL.
https://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband ... vQodJRkMaQ

Not a bad option, but their website says they don’t have that service at my address ☹️

TheBear
Hi,

AFAIK, if you are NBN eligible, you won't be able to get any other fixed line service to cover you until the NBN actually goes in. Options I can think of are a Telstra Nighthawk - https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/mo ... ghthawk-m1
A bit expensive but assuming it's only an interim thing it's a good option

Upgrade your phone contracts and hotspot everything (not exactly an option)

Find a wireless provider that does a 6 month contract.

That's all I can think of

Bear

Cheers Bear. I’ll look into them.

Big update for you today. I’d say we are about a week or so from practical completion. Floors are down. Next week is the finishing of the stairs and the driveway. There are some minor things with the rendering and air con work to be closed out, but it’s really coming together. The completion of the stairs will be the final touch!

For those following along, the air con vents previously installed in the drop ceiling have been moved. Yay!

Looking good guys. So what’s the count at now as far as time line for the construction phase?
Salfield
Looking good guys. So what’s the count at now as far as time line for the construction phase?

Soil was turned for the slab in the first week of September last year. So 11 months (or 10 months officially minus the Christmas shutdown). They will be just over the contract date after taking into account rain days and public holidays.

Congratulations! I bet you guys are excited

That staircase looks fantastic, everyone will have staircase envy after seeing it!!
DR-JEKL
Congratulations! I bet you guys are excited

That staircase looks fantastic, everyone will have staircase envy after seeing it!!

Thank you! It is very exciting. Although I’ve also realised I need to start packing up our current house

I can’t wait to see that staircase! It’s fitting that it will be the final reveal

KateAndDuke
Big update for you today. I’d say we are about a week or so from practical completion. Floors are down. Next week is the finishing of the stairs and the driveway. There are some minor things with the rendering and air con work to be closed out, but it’s really coming together. The completion of the stairs will be the final touch!

For those following along, the air con vents previously installed in the drop ceiling have been moved. Yay!

I love your home. It looks amazing. We had handover at just over 11 months. We have lived in it for 7 weeks now. And the last 5 weeks have been tradies coming in and out. Our ss in still on the roll. And stays on top of things. Make sure you post your pics when you furnish it. Would love to see it.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Guys, look . . . .

Balustrade goes on next week.

Wow!!
Beautiful

KateAndDuke
Guys, look . . . .

Balustrade goes on next week.

Really nice guys. Congrats.
Looks amazing. Very nice love your view

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Related
17/03/2024
Any reputable custom builder in lake macquarie area

Building A New House

It is in lake macquarie area and dimensions are width 14 m and depth 8 m and the slope is 1/5 going down from the road.

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum