Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Edge 39 MKI - Lake Macquarie

Page 1 of 10
Hi all,

I've been lurking on the forum for a while in preparation for our build with Rawson. We are building the Edge 39 MKI in Lake Macquarie, NSW. Our block is narrow(ish) and long and the instant we walked into the display at Kellyville we loved the layout (and the window and stairs - how could you not?). We've changed the upstairs configuration a bit by swapping the location of the master bedroom from the front to the back. Downstairs is basically as per the standard design but with some extra width in the garage and the alfresco and back doors are full length across the back of the house.

So far the process has been good, despite a few delays during the planning stage (have to get it right!). See below the timeline for milestone events (I will update as we go):

Looking forward to sharing our adventure with everyone
Some photos to start us off . . .

Slab down!
Everything happens quickly from here!
Who is your SS?
Jon or Wayne?

Jon is our site supervisor
KateAndDuke
Jon is also our SS at wadalba..
We have just about finished, Jon is awesome!

wreckedandjealous
KateAndDuke
Jon is also our SS at wadalba..
We have just about finished, Jon is awesome!

Great to hear!

Subscribed! Keen to see those plans. Also will be interesting to see another edge go up. Glad to compare things if needed.

Good to see another Rawson build! Look forward to seeing your plans and the selections you've made

I'm slightly ahead of you (although not building the Edge) so give me a shout if you need anything!
SteveMc
Subscribed! Keen to see those plans. Also will be interesting to see another edge go up. Glad to compare things if needed.

Thanks Steve! Good to see another Edge builder on the forum

sydneysider
Good to see another Rawson build! Look forward to seeing your plans and the selections you've made

I'm slightly ahead of you (although not building the Edge) so give me a shout if you need anything!

Oh the selections. Yes I should post some photos of our colours, etc. I'll work on that for you
stay posted!

Woohoo!
Good luck with everything. Remember it all has its ups and downs. Try not to sweat the small stuff and keep your eye on the prize. Now to follow my own advice...

Hi all,

I thought I'd add in some info on our colour and internal selections for your viewing pleasure.

Externals
Facade - Metro
Render - Ironstone
Matrix board - Surfmist
Cladding - Dune
Bricks - Austral Urban Silver (photo below)
Garage and front door - Merbau
Roof - Colorbond Ironstone
Windows - Custom Black

My attempt at photoshopping the facade to suit:

Internals
Floor - Lunar Oak timber laminate (photo below)
Carpet - Hollywood Nights (black)
Walls - Taubmans Ice Princess
Staircase - monostring with ebony French polish (polish colour in photo below)

Kitchen
Ceasarstone benchtop - Raven (photo below)
Feature laminate end panel - Nataio Walnut (photo below)
Cupboards - Poly Satin Finish in Taubmans Tornedo and Taubmans Crisp White (photo below)
Splash back - Grey mirror (photo above)

Rough idea on sketch up below (not a perfect replica of the design, just for an idea of the colours):

Bathrooms
Ceasarstone benchtop - Clamshell
Vanity - Bottega Oak (photo below)
Floor/wall tiles - I forget the name of the tile, but it is the light grey marble look (photo below)
Feature wall tiles - again I forget it's name, but the feature walls are a dark grey, almost black (photo below).

Downstairs Powder
Ceasarstone benchtop - Fresh Concrete (photo below)
Vanity - Artisan Oak (photo below)
Floor tiles - Linnet Stone Matt (photo below)

Laundry
Ceasarstone benchtop - Fresh Concrete (photo above)
Floor tiles - Linnet Stone Matt (photo above)

As you can see, generally the house themes are whites, greys and blacks on the inside. Hoping that this is neutral and will stand the test of time - at least for a while.
Looks great duke. Like the dining bench attached to the island

Love the colours you've chosen! We're going with raven too in our Stroud 30.

CG Scardycat
Love the colours you've chosen! We're going with raven too in our Stroud 30.

I love Raven. Black but not too harsh. Can’t wait to have it in my kitchen

Hallway window framing!

Far out! That's a serious $$$$ window. I remember that upgrade list was huge on that staircase and window on display.
One of the drop dead gorgeous design ideas in the edge.
Now you just need that Zen pond outside

SteveMc
Far out! That's a serious $$$$ window. I remember that upgrade list was huge on that staircase and window on display.

It’s weird that my favourite room in the house might end up being the hallway.

No koi pond for us. I’m thinking of a nice feature tree like a Japanese maple. Although it does face west so the maple may not like that.

KateAndDuke
SteveMc

It’s weird that my favourite room in the house might end up being the hallway.

No koi pond for us. I’m thinking of a nice feature tree like a Japanese maple. Although it does face west so the maple may not like that.

Check out forest pansy. They have beautiful wide leaves purple and black which drop in autumn and flower in spring. Perfect shrubs and trees on the western side are deciduous species.
I've seen these in hot western aspects.

Cercis canadensis 'Forest Pansy'

This small attractive tree has spectacular heart shaped burgundy coloured leaves that continually change colour throughout the year. The branches have a distinctive, smooth dark brown wood which contrasts well with the blossom like pink flowers that are bourne before the re-emergence of burgundy leaves once again in spring.

Family: Leguminosae
Mature Size (h x w): 5 x 5m grafted
Form: V-Shaped
Genus: Cercis

Related
17/03/2024
Any reputable custom builder in lake macquarie area

Building A New House

It is in lake macquarie area and dimensions are width 14 m and depth 8 m and the slope is 1/5 going down from the road.

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum