Front door is hung!

Feature tiling started....

Bathroom

Ensuite

you house is gorgeous! and that feature wall is to die for
CC7
you house is gorgeous! and that feature wall is to die for

Thank you CC7,
Credit to my wife, she has a vision and I just run with it.
Tiling finished
Grouting to start next week

Feature wall grouted

Baths have arrived

Painted has started on front exterior

Little more progress today,
Tapware looking great, just the look we were after. The ladies at #seaofwhite were great to deal with. Highly recommend them!

Garage prep, should be poured sometime this week.

Lots of planning going on at the moment with painting, floors, carpets, skirting. bit by bit ...steady as she goes!
Top of the list is defiantly gutter guard.....lots of build-up of leaves already and can cause some issues if not on top of it, I'm sure it will be a job that is never ending!

Hope everybody is enjoying the posts. I know I don't write much on here, I really have no problems/issues with how the build is going, because of the way we have set this build up it has been a great process. Cant fault the way my SS conducts himself and his organisation of trades.
THAT BATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]:x]
100 mm slab poured

Hows things going now sparky? Should be just about done yeah?
Hi Steel,
I have neglected this forum for a while, I will put up some more photos of the end result shortly.
Our handover went well with no delays, painting & flooring is complete, currently completing 140mm skirting then carpets can be installed.....going well

sparky_JsP
Tribe7
Hey Sparky Jsp,

Wow your floor plan is fantastic, the spaces are really well thought out and the ensuite is Lovely. There is a display I’ve been in with the same orientation and it was amazing.

Great to see you getting some progress I’ve been following for a while now.

I have to agree with just a draftee your electrical fit out is pretty amazing. I went nuts with fans, down lights and power points but no smart automation, my budget was in the corner hyperventilating by then

It’s a great sized block you have too, the trees all look very pretty, our acre is a barron paddock unfortunately.

Looking forward to seeing more updates

Hi Tribe 7,

Thanks for following,
I haven't really uploaded too much of our choices inside as we are doing this stage by stage with our builder. This has been a huge task with a project builder,changing their ways to suit our vision. The builder has really accommodated us. My supervisor is one in 10 million with his attention to detail, second to none!. In the past working for him, his planning and love for the job shows (also a family friend) hence why I am building with B1, I believe the choices should be made when the space is constructed, this gives you a real feel for what should be installed and true measurements.
This also makes it easier for the wife to plan as we never had the luxury to walk though an exact display!

I guess at the moment my electrical fit out will be future proof to a certain degree, The automation I am talking about can be expanded when the budget suits, although some pre-wiring is needed (for this you need to have conduits in the wall) as some devices these days need a neutral wired to the switch. I am installing the deep plastic wall boxes to enable a puck to be wired behind the switch, this then talks over a mesh network to the one central controller. I am still developing my skills, this is when a call upon the experts to help program. Hopefully with playing on my own house I can then provide a service to the community if needed.

Yeah the block is in a great location very quiet and a rural feel, the kids are going to love growing up here!

Hi, may I know who was your supervisor at B1 Homes and did you have contact with him throughout your build stages?
sparky_JsP
Planning Approval Done, Now onto the building Permit approval, Its a process, I can see why most people let someone else do it. I must admit the City of Armadale have been awesome! Every time I have submitted plans for approval the turn around is 2 weeks, even though they say 60-90 days. (They probably seen my plans too many times, yep stamp this one ha ha)

Anyone need some advise on what the council require for either planning/building permit, I'm happy to help!

Anyone need Electrical advice? I am a electrical contractor and have been for over 9 years now! happy to answer anything!

Hi Sparky,

My plan was just submitted to City of Canning by the builder to get approval. Needed to submit as ours is a R20 and we are going for the 52% build space. It’s not exactly 52% but is more than 50%. was wondering do they generally approve and how long would it take? Builder say 60 days but am hoping to get it sooner. Can I call the council myself to follow up chase on progress?
Planning can take anywhere up to 90 days to assess. But you can definitely call the council up and ask for an update
just_a_draftee
Planning can take anywhere up to 90 days to assess. But you can definitely call the council up and ask for an update

I did. They said 6-8weeks. Hope it won’t take that long.
We had to get DA for our 52.1% coverage in City of Bayswater. We also had a lesser setback than designated for an R25 zoning. They also stated the standard 60-90 day period, but it took only 30 days roughly.

I think it all depends on whether it needs to be advertised or not. When I asked the council what determined this they wouldn't give me a straight answer, so I'm still not sure what would cause a DA to be advertised.
just_a_draftee
We chose Shale Grey originally, however we were recommended to change them as they're having lots of issues with them on site
. The bricks are leaching and staining quite badly and can look quite unsightly which I'm now noticing more as we drive through our estate and spot the houses with them. I figured I'd give you the heads up, just in case! We've had to render whole houses because some of it was so bad. Next time we drive around I'll get you a photo!

Sorry to hijack - I wish I had seen this prior to selecting my brick or at least been told from my builder. Mines a mess!

This is under 12months post handover, it’s with the builders but I’m not sure what they are going to do. It’s Brikmakers Shale w/ white mortar

How have you faired with your bricks? Any troubles?
Sal_sa_by
just_a_draftee
We chose Shale Grey originally, however we were recommended to change them as they're having lots of issues with them on site
. The bricks are leaching and staining quite badly and can look quite unsightly which I'm now noticing more as we drive through our estate and spot the houses with them. I figured I'd give you the heads up, just in case! We've had to render whole houses because some of it was so bad. Next time we drive around I'll get you a photo!

Sorry to hijack - I wish I had seen this prior to selecting my brick or at least been told from my builder. Mines a mess!

This is under 12months post handover, it’s with the builders but I’m not sure what they are going to do. It’s Brikmakers Shale w/ white mortar

How have you faired with your bricks? Any troubles?

We ended up going with a standard sand-coloured 2 course brick as I didn't want the trouble. What's happening to yours is mild compared to some I've seen, some with whole lengths of wall turned green! I have feature bricks out the front of my home with white mortar and have a similar issue to you though, with manganese leaching out into it. Had it cleaned three times over the years and it keeps coming back
Related
1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum