Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

B1 Homes Perth WA -Custom Design

Page 1 of 4
Hello Everyone,

Let’s go back a bit.....my wife and I and our 3 kids purchased our block in Bedfordale Perth July 2014 with plans to build our dream home for the next 30 years.
In the last 3 years we have had some delays with selling our house, now back on track
We had first decided to tackle an OB, we drew up our plans, soilt test, obtained the BAL, effulant/drainage approval, planning approval and finally the building permit for earthworks only.
What a crazy idea that was! Ha ha
In turn we have approached a builder and are now at a stage ready to go to site.
We did still want to complete the earthworks ourselves as the builder generally marks this up and they were happy to let us do this. It can be 10-15% mark up! In this area loaded with rock that can add up!
Earthworks started….here we GO!

Write reply...

Site-plan
Earthworks completed and just waiting for compaction certificate. Once I have this then I can send to the builder! Then that's our part done. Hoping to hear back from council next week on the approval for shed.

What a huge house, I love it! Great location.

An owner builder, in theory, seems like a great idea. I wanted to OB our home, but I just don't have the time (or expertise)! We would have been able to have much more flexibility. Who did you end up building with?
Thanks!...
Yes would of been an awesome achievement to construct my own home, though not having much time these days it may have taken to long to build. Its a more safer option I believe.

We are building with Pure Homes, they are the custom builder division of the B1 homes group. It was a toss up between Pure and Activa Developments. We chose them as our family friend of many years is one of the head supervisors, with this we know we will be looked after. They have been great and very understanding.
Great, yeah it's the site supervisor and the trades they assign that really make or break the build. Have they given you any indications as to when they can start on site now that your site works are well underway?
Sure does!
The builder has been waiting patiently, as they were ready to go about a 3 weeks ago!
I spoke to the supervisor Friday and he said he would get onto the planning for pre-lays and footings. I think we could have a slab before the end of the year. Only the best he said will be on your house, happy with that!
First thing will be the re-peg to establish where they build the house as it may have changed from plan.
Planning Approval Done, Now onto the building Permit approval, Its a process, I can see why most people let someone else do it. I must admit the City of Armadale have been awesome! Every time I have submitted plans for approval the turn around is 2 weeks, even though they say 60-90 days. (They probably seen my plans too many times, yep stamp this one ha ha)

Anyone need some advise on what the council require for either planning/building permit, I'm happy to help!

Anyone need Electrical advice? I am a electrical contractor and have been for over 9 years now! happy to answer anything!

Shed construction happening,
Shed by Coastline sheds......the old school way....strong!!
Installed the conduits last week, needed the backhoe with the rock breaker on it, luckily it was on site as we needed it to dig four of the holes for the shed posts.

Slab formwork complete & ready for the pour

Slab poured before Christmas! Well done lads, big effort
Congrats! What a massive house you are building, well done
Cheers J278, are you building?
sparky_JsP
Cheers J278, are you building?

Were building in Hilbert which isn’t too far from Bedfordale. Currently at the bricks stage about 30% complete.
Congrats on the slab!!
Thanks, its great to see our plans coming to life.
Bricks delivered, all ready to be laid this week coming!....Happy with our choice of face bricks, 'Brickmakers Shale'. Always a hard choice when choosing from a small sample!

Window/awning frames stacked up 'Colorbond Surfmist'

Door frames 28c High Deluxe frame

We chose Shale Grey originally, however we were recommended to change them as they're having lots of issues with them on site
. The bricks are leaching and staining quite badly and can look quite unsightly which I'm now noticing more as we drive through our estate and spot the houses with them. I figured I'd give you the heads up, just in case! We've had to render whole houses because some of it was so bad. Next time we drive around I'll get you a photo!
Related
1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum