Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Crown Hill Estate Riverstone

Page 4 of 6
Josh84
Really sorry to hear that Thanu. I more than anyone can understand this disappointment! It took 4 months for the process to complete from the time the developer told us to talk to the bank as the registration was imminent (2 to 4 weeks) but over 2 years from the time we put the deposit down.

Same developer is doing Bella Rise (directly behind us) where 2 work colleagues bought and I feel more time has been spent on that development even though ours was launched first. Even their website is impressive. Crown Hill website hasn't changed since day 1 and when I bought it was another name all together.

Definitely frustrating but not as bad as your wait! I noticed the same with Bella Rise, although now they're finally registered (Well some stages ie). How are things going on your end btw? Are they going to start construction soon?
I know the feels...Today we found out that our builder is adding on a variation as our tender expires on Monday....lol. How plans quickly fall apart! I'm not sure who to blame but I just want things to pick up asap as we've already faced a hefty 5 month delay already (We were told Stage 2 would be registered by Nov '17).

I was quite g'd up in the morning hearing about this so I did my runs with the developer and BCC. Now I'm just feeling bleh...Nothing to do but wait...I'm awaiting a call from BCC on Monday so I'll let you know how things go.
Thanu
I know the feels...Today we found out that our builder is adding on a variation as our tender expires on Monday....lol. How plans quickly fall apart! I'm not sure who to blame but I just want things to pick up asap as we've already faced a hefty 5 month delay already (We were told Stage 2 would be registered by Nov '17).

I was quite g'd up in the morning hearing about this so I did my runs with the developer and BCC. Now I'm just feeling bleh...Nothing to do but wait...I'm awaiting a call from BCC on Monday so I'll let you know how things go.

Oh i am glad that you got to get rid of some emotion to the people who deserve to hear it lol.
I hope nothing too drastic happens with your builder. It sucks when everything is totally out of your hands
I reckon the bank is sick of me... every 90 days i am getting the pre approval re-done lol
Fingers crossed there is some promising news come Monday
Thanu
Just an update...We're not at LPI, we're still waiting for the subdivision certificate to be issued by BCC. I spoke to the Duty Planner at BCC and was advised the above.

Looks like settlements may push into June at this rate...Pretty disappointing stuff...

Hi Thanu,

I noticed that michaelturneraurum mentioned earlier that stage 2 is with LPI, why the different info now?

Btw, I've just got update that my property is stage 3 and was told that it would be registered by Sept 2018.
Looking at how delayed the stage 2 is, I wouldn't be surprised if my one got pushed back til end of year *sigh*
Yes, council flipped flopped around as usual.

Developer advised us Friday morning that the Council had not in fact issued the subdivision certificate two weeks ago as promised.

Developer is still waiting for Council to issue SC (it's now a matter of waiting for them to sign the thing off) so we can go off and lodge.

Apologies, hadn't spoken to the engineer in a week, normally they'll let me know out of courtesy if there's a hold off, but he's been busy!

Council have flip flopped on Bella Rise as well. In fact barring a few clients in Stage 1 of Crown Hill, the Bella Rise clients have been hit with the worst treatment from council.
Update - I've been told by the developer that the Subdivision certificate is under final review by the BCC at the moment. We should receive it tomorrow or early next week.
Thanu
Update - I've been told by the developer that the Subdivision certificate is under final review by the BCC at the moment. We should receive it tomorrow or early next week.

Roughly what sort of time frame does that mean for us? (I won't hold you to anything Thanu... you just seem to know what your talking about 😊)
Hey Pecker,

I'm not sure to be honest cause I'm not sure how long the developer will take to lodge the application - At least LPI have a defined KPI for processing an application. If they get it this afternoon, it'll most likely be lodged on Monday and then a minimum of 10 working days on top of that for processing at LPI/LRS. So I reckon mid-May at best.
Thanu
Hey Pecker,

I'm not sure to be honest cause I'm not sure how long the developer will take to lodge the application - At least LPI have a defined KPI for processing an application. If they get it this afternoon, it'll most likely be lodged on Monday and then a minimum of 10 working days on top of that for processing at LPI/LRS. So I reckon mid-May at best.

Oh ok cool. Hopefully not too long. The chances of moving in before xmas are looking less likely every week now 🤔
Agreed. It's a bummer cause we had the same intention...Pretty poor stuff to be honest.
Any updates guys?
Thanu
Any updates guys?

I am having no luck finding out anything unfortunately
Thanu
Any updates guys?

Hello all, we recd email from conveyancer that in a weekz time they will submit docs and rego by end of May. They hv forwarded the developer's solicitor email.

Kind regards,
Guys,

Stage 2 has finally been certified by BCC!!
ETA for registration as per the developer - 2 to 3 weeks.
Thanu
Guys,

Stage 2 has finally been certified by BCC!!
ETA for registration as per the developer - 2 to 3 weeks.

Woohoo finally some positive news 😊
hey guys, any news for stage 3?
Hey Shokeen,

I spoke with the Developer's Solicitor and Engineer yesterday. Expecting July based on current estimates.

I've been working on another project in Riverstone as well, different developer. That particular subdivision I've been involved far more behind the scenes with that one, and it's been an absolute calamity in the way it's been handled.

There's a lot of issues with Council that we are looking to rectify that are extremely infuriating.

As an FYI, always remember this, it's in the developer's best interests as well to get out of a subdivisions. Each month can amount to tens, if not hundreds of thousands.
Hi Michael,

could you advise which lot are included in Stage 3?

Thanks.
michaelturneraurum
Hey Shokeen,

I spoke with the Developer's Solicitor and Engineer yesterday. Expecting July based on current estimates.

I've been working on another project in Riverstone as well, different developer. That particular subdivision I've been involved far more behind the scenes with that one, and it's been an absolute calamity in the way it's been handled.

There's a lot of issues with Council that we are looking to rectify that are extremely infuriating.

As an FYI, always remember this, it's in the developer's best interests as well to get out of a subdivisions. Each month can amount to tens, if not hundreds of thousands.

Thanks Michael, counting days!
henry1
Hi Michael,

could you advise which lot are included in Stage 3?

Thanks.

All lots with numbering of 3xx.

The 'Corner Lots', which are Lots 7xx, 8xx, 9xx were originally scheduled to be within Stage 2 and 3. These lots have (with the exception of one) will be finished at the same time as Stage 2 and 3 lots, however council are being extremely painful, as advised that the Lots 7xx, 8xx, 9xx will have to be submitted AFTER Stage 2 and 3 have registered with council.

So the works have finished, but the developer has to sit on their thumbs until council want to bother with the rest of it I'm afraid.
Related
16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

18/01/2024
Terry road box hill

General Discussion

I brought terry road box hill in June 2022 House was meant to be completed Nov 2023 That did not happen I had to chase them so much to the land Registration and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum