Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BOLD Portofino 229 (Brisbane) - PCI 13 AUG!

Page 7 of 9
Oh thanks for the heads up Chrinee, I’m going to the Goldie this weekend and had planned to come up your way in roughly a month.

Agree about the feeling small part, I think my slab looks small and can’t see how it will fit 6 bedrooms 🤷🏼‍♀️. I do agree about the gyprock once that’s up everything changes.

Nice facias too

Hey Chrinee did you get the invitation to the Darren Palmer interior design morning at Bold? I seriously want to go but can’t with kids sport
. Please tell me your going to go

I did Tribe7 but I can't go because of kids sport too. Wah!

chrinee
I did Tribe7 but I can't go because of kids sport too. Wah!

Damn it we both suck.

going up quickly
went through the bold display home today.. omg it's amazing! I don't want to know how much money went into the windows alone.
They did a great job didn't they gr8ly!

We had an onsite visit yesterday. Loved walking through the space. So happy with the 2700mm ceilings, cornerless sliding doors and extended outdoor living as it really opens up the living space in what is essentially a small single story home!

I am worried about light given our tall fences. May need to add skylights after handover.

Our roof went up after our visit yesterday (minus one small section above the portico). It was too late for photos, so I'll go back later today.

Kitchen looking back towards front hallway

Front hallway

Outdoor living

chrinee
They did a great job didn't they gr8ly!

We had an onsite visit yesterday. Loved walking through the space. So happy with the 2700mm ceilings, cornerless sliding doors and extended outdoor living as it really opens up the living space in what is essentially a small single story home!

I am worried about light given our tall fences. May need to add skylights after handover.

Our roof went up after our visit yesterday (minus one small section above the portico). It was too late for photos, so I'll go back later today.
Kitchen looking back towards front hallway
Outdoor living
Front hallway
Outdoor living

We are currently renting a house that is the same positioning on the block with the bedrooms on the side with retaining wall and tall fence and we look out at the roof of the neighbour from the living areas. The bedrooms are a little dark but you don't need to worry about. As the other side, there is heaps of light because the windows are above their roof line.
So much progress in 48hrs... Colorbond roof, windows and house wrapped!

chrinee you are absolutely flying along! and the worksite is spotless! you are nearly up to us
How’s progress Chrinee?? Gosh they got heaps done in that time frame.

Tribe7, plumbing and electrical rough ins are done, insulation has been installed, baths in and front door is on. Plaster and brickwork have been arranged for next week.

I'm a little bit worried about the height of the front door as it's not in line with the top of the front windows and garage door. We have a wood feature panel going across the front portico... so I hope it looks better when this goes up🤞

chrinee
@Tribe7, plumbing and electrical rough ins are done, insulation has been installed, baths in and front door is on. Plaster and brickwork have been arranged for next week.

I'm a little bit worried about the height of the front door as it's not in line with the top of the front windows and garage door. We have a wood feature panel going across the front portico... so I hope it looks better when this goes up🤞

Wow your flying along
bricks and gyprock is super exciting bet you can’t wait to see that installed.

I don’t think your door height looks funny at all, when the timber top hatting is installed it will look very grand.

We've been wondering why we haven't seen more progress over the last week or so. Just found out our Site Supervisor has retired. New Site Supervisor has been in touch to arrange a site visit. He also let us know internals, cabinets and brickwork will start next week.

Getting excited again!

chrinee that's great! looks like awesome progress ahead.

Our internals have only just started sadly..
I'm excited to see how your house ends up looking. I too have just signed a building contract with Bold 2 weeks ago before FHOG reduction. Middle of variations at the moment... I kept too much of the standard fixtures because the girl at the appointment didn't know roughly how much things were going to cost and i didn't want to get my hopes up and exceed my budget.
jayyenn, when we had our appointment with Evolve we chose 2 variation options and they provided the prices for both so that we could then choose which one to go ahead with. Did they do this for you?

Good luck with your build!

Lots of progress.

A bit disappointed with some of our electrical, but hopefully it is being sorted.

chrinee i wish our build was as quick as yours! I loveeeee your laundry.. wow! kitchen is looking good too! seriously you'll be in months before us
Thanks gr8ly x

Juat caught up with your build. Makes me equal parts sad and mad for you!

Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum