Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

1st Build - New Choice Homes

Page 4 of 6
JS15
Still no sign of them today, blood pressure rising every day!!

Might be time for a little email to see why there is such a delay
JS15
Still no sign of them today, blood pressure rising every day!!

From your photo it looks like they still need to install and connect the front downpipes to the storm water after they painted the render, this might also be part of the delay.
What colours did you use on the facade Basalt and Shale grey ?
Yep spot on with the colours. Pavers I've been told are booked for 'this week' after they finish the current job.
JS15
Yep spot on with the colours. Pavers I've been told are booked for 'this week' after they finish the current job.

Looking good.
Must be a busy time for the pavers atm, hopefully they will start soon.
awesome, our pavers was delayed since January, we were waiting for the gas line to be connected
horrible long wait , due to the company that did it switched over to a government company and all applications had to be resubmitted.

So out of the blue the paving was done yesterday. I drove past in the morning and nothing was happening, was waiting on a call from SS to catch up and ask about paving and also access for my blinds guy to do final measure. Got a text mid arvo from Blinds guy saying he drove past and pavers were there so he got into house and did his measure.

Had underestimated how long the driveway is, room for a basketball hoop for the young fella

Couple days of internal fixups and a couple of downpipes to install and I'm ready for PCI - just need a date!!
Paving looks good, hopefully worth the wait.
PCI = Wednesday 28th. Discussed with SS, might be a couple of items left to do (Splashback still not in) ups but I wanted to get the ball rolling so could get final invoice/book bank valuation etc otherwise was looking like running risk of missing our flooring install date which was pretty set.
What pavers did you choose? They look great
That is a loooooooong driveway haha plenty of room to play! Looking good though
J278
What pavers did you choose? They look great

Pavers are Tundra and I think Sea Mist is the darker border - from Brikmakers Granite collection - they were standard from builders range

http://brikmakers.com/brikmakers-reside ... aver-range
Hope PCI goes well enough today that you can move onto the next stage.
PCI all done! Awaiting Inspectors report, but to the untrained eye just a few cosmetics and painting touch ups.

Couple of door handles, a mirror and towel rail waiting on plus a couple of other minor tweaks

So have sent final invoice off to the bank to trigger the valuation which will hopefully be next week and the fixups can be ticking over in the meantime.

All in all very happy so keen to keep it moving!
Yay
Awesome! Sounds like PCI went really well 😁
Yay!!!
Thanks guys, the splashback went in the day before PCI and as we rolled up for inspection the cooktop had just been put back in so finally got to see the finished kitchen!

JS15
Thanks guys, the splashback went in the day before PCI and as we rolled up for inspection the cooktop had just been put back in so finally got to see the finished kitchen!

Looks fantastic!
Love the splashback! Glad everything went well at PCI
Rang Bankwest for an update and nice surprise, valuation has been done already and info has gone to my branch to prep a bank cheque for me.

Drove past the house this morning and painters were there starting on the touchups identified at PCI, so hopefully will lock in final inspection later this week and get the keys after that, then I can set my tradies loose I've got pencilled in from 13th!
Related
5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum