Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

1st Build - New Choice Homes

Page 1 of 6
First time build and we are underway after a lot of block hunting and back and forth with builders.

We have ended up with a block in Hammond Park and building with New Choice Homes after going through design and quote process with NCH, Celebrations and Impressions.

Very friendly, patient and efficient sales, contracts and pre-start process which was a relief for first timers.

Have been given a 6 month time frame from slab pour which will hopefully be the end of this week weather permitting - earthworks completed last Friday despite the weather.

Timeline
13/3 Block Contract Signed
28/4 Block Settled
29/6 Build Contract Signed
17/7 Prestart
31/8 Final signoff of plans/variations
21/9 Supervisor Assigned
22/9 Sand Pad Completed
30/9 Slab Poured
13/10 Brickies Started
31/10 Brickies Finished
6/11 Roof Carpenters started
10/11 Roof Carpenters Complete
17/11 Gutters Installed
21/11 Roof Cover Complete
26/11 Internal Render Complete
29/11 Ceilings and Cornice Hung
5/12 Windows Installed
14/12 White Set Plaster Complete
15/12 Lockup
Hi JS15,
We are also building with New Choice Homes, simular timeline so far only 2 months behind.
Choosy
Hi JS15,
We are also building with New Choice Homes, simular timeline so far only 2 months behind.

Nice, we had brickies finish on Tuesday and Building Inspector I used only found a couple of minor issues so pretty happy with timeframes and quality so far.
From everthing that we've read and experienced to date NCH appear to be proactive in addressing any issues.
Got a plan for all of us nosey forum members to have a look at?
Sure do just_a_draftee, been meaning to chuck this and a few pics up

Looking good! Nice progress! I am building with NCH too. Mine just finished brickworks last week and hopefully roof frames will be delivered this week. I am hoping mine progress as fast as yours. I think I am about 3 weeks behind you.
Yep was about a week between bricks finishing and Roof Carpenters starting which was just about the biggest gap we've had.
They got it all done in 4-5 days and then the Plumbing and Electrical wasn't far behind. Roof guys were there this morning starting on the Colorbond
Making good progress.
Update - Plasterers on site Sunday morning finishing off the internal render, so expecting ceilings to start next day or so

And we now have some windows, white set to start pretty soon so lockup looking good for Xmas. Someone has helped themselves to my water meter though, so $276 replacement bill tacked onto my final variation
JS15

And we now have some windows, white set to start pretty soon so lockup looking good for Xmas. Someone has helped themselves to my water meter though, so $276 replacement bill tacked onto my final variation

$276!!! ouch! The front design of your house looks pretty much identical to mine! How wide is your block?
I think it was the frontage from New Choice's Khazana display, but our design evolved so much it is a hodge podge of a few different plans!
Our block is super long and skinny. 11.8m wide, and 37/42m deep. Main hallway can double as a bowling alley/indoor cricket centre.
My wife wanted the blade wall between garage and front door stone clad but when the pre-start pricing came back it was a big fat no deal!....maybe one day.
JS15
I think it was the frontage from New Choice's Khazana display, but our design evolved so much it is a hodge podge of a few different plans!
Our block is super long and skinny. 11.8m wide, and 37/42m deep. Main hallway can double as a bowling alley/indoor cricket centre.
My wife wanted the blade wall between garage and front door stone clad but when the pre-start pricing came back it was a big fat no deal!....maybe one day.

Free bowling alley? Sounds like a good deal. Got to love how the pre-start upgrades keep you dreaming when you find out the costs haha. Looks like it is all coming along nicely
I'd heard stories about how you are pressured to sign on the day, no such issue with New Choice, so we put in all our wishful thinking items and braced for impact!....got the bill and removed 60% of the items!
Update - white set finishing today and lockup tomorrow, one more progress payment before Christmas!
Your build is flying! I've only just had my lock up meeting booked for next Wednesday. You'll be ahead of me soon.
Yeah I'm probably 1-2 weeks behind you now, no cabinets/ceiling paint/garage grano for me yet.

Looks like your slab was 3 weeks before mine so have caught up a little bit..........
Will be a race to the finish
have you been given any rough finish dates yet?
People in the office gave conservative '6 months from slab' estimate so End of March, SS says he aims for 5 months so end of Feb. I'll have abt 2 weeks of work after keys until move in - floors, paint, blinds, wardrobes, skirting boards etc
Related
5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum