Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

JG King -Urbis 1

Page 2 of 3
Your colours and selections look great

Interesting that they let you pick an eave colour. A couple of us that had surfmist selected ended up with builders white because "There's no choice now". When I pulled out my colour docs, ready for a fight, I discovered that the eave colour had mysteriously disappeared! Not just the "surfmist" bit, the whole line! Not the only time we discovered our docs were altered after we signed them but before they went into the contract

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Ok thanks for that I will keep an eye out.
It’s def in all my paperwork so far so will double check the final contract that I should get his week hopefully.
Schedule of build
Aug 17 House plan & New Home est locked in
Sept 17 Deposit paid
Oct 17 Colours & Tiles selected
Feb 18 Contracts signed
26/3/18 DA submitted to Council
9/5/18 DA Approved
16/5/18 Site Cut started
15/6/18 Slab poured
26/6/18 Frame started
29/6/18 Frame finished inc windows
2/7/18 Gutters & Facia
3/7/18 Roof & plumbing
5/7/18 Electrical completed
10/7/18 Ducted Aircon ducts ran in
6/8/18 Gyprock & plaster completed over week
12/8/18 we started retaining wall on weekends
20/8/18 Carpenters completes fix out with skirtings, doors and eves.
27/8/18 Tilers started
28/8/18 finished retaining wall

Site cut started, we’re off and running!!!

Trenching done for Blinding and slab

Concrete poured for beams.

Waiting on compacting, plumbing trenches and then slab to be poured next week.

Down side we have hit rock in some areas so waiting to see how that works out😭😭

Backfilled again and compacted although we have now hit rock!!

There is rock on garage side 😭😭

Next steps are all taking longer that suggested so this will be lots of $$

Can’t help it I guess and it is what it is but still annoying.
My brother built with JG king and had a really good build.
JG king around geelong have a good reputation according to my inspector and my sister’s family home built in inner south east of Melbourne was a good build where builder rectified most of what Darbecca pointed out.

My brother had 2 excellent site supervisors who had long relationship with their trades. Made me a little jealous of how straight forward the build of their 2 story brick home was.

It all depends on the supervision on your site and the trades. I think it’s pot luck with most building companies based on my experience with a different builder that you won’t find many negative posts about on the internet.
I’ve held my tongue and offered them time to make good. Let’s see.

Whoever you use get a very good private consultant/inspector and do appoint your own building surveyor and is encourage you to read a lot and check everything. Better paranoid than sorry.

Remember with reviews online - most will be negative. Human nature. If we have a complaint or negative comment we express it. For positive, we often don’t get around to it.
I’ve encouraged my brother to post online. He’s moved in and keeps saying yes, good idea, will do.
Gaudi
My brother built with JG king and had a really good build.
JG king around geelong have a good reputation according to my inspector and my sister’s family home built in inner south east of Melbourne was a good build where builder rectified most of what Darbecca pointed out.

My brother had 2 excellent site supervisors who had long relationship with their trades. Made me a little jealous of how straight forward the build of their 2 story brick home was.

It all depends on the supervision on your site and the trades. I think it’s pot luck with most building companies based on my experience with a different builder that you won’t find many negative posts about on the internet.
I’ve held my tongue and offered them time to make good. Let’s see.

Whoever you use get a very good private consultant/inspector and do appoint your own building surveyor and is encourage you to read a lot and check everything. Better paranoid than sorry.

Remember with reviews online - most will be negative. Human nature. If we have a complaint or negative comment we express it. For positive, we often don’t get around to it.
I’ve encouraged my brother to post online. He’s moved in and keeps saying yes, good idea, will do.

Thank you for the Info I hope ours go smoothly also, our builders are located in Mildura so unfortunatly our SS won’t be on site all the time but we will def be checking everything.

I'm thinking of building with the Mildura JG King early next year. How have they been so far? And what sort of cost are you looking at for this sort of build if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

seanpain4
I'm thinking of building with the Mildura JG King early next year. How have they been so far? And what sort of cost are you looking at for this sort of build if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Hi

The start was amazing, the communication from Casey is 1st class and the options are endless.

I would 100% recommend them for their communication and I feel that’s very important when building a house.

We have upgraded the things we felt we couldn’t do after so it def raised the price for us and our site fees were very high with bad soil.

The starting price on this plan is about 220k bit but you can make enquirys directly and they can give you a price list for all plans to go over & check out their display home, that’s a similar plan called oddessy.

Our Admin process look longer than expected but we contributed to that with changes etc.

So the build has been brilliant, Luke the SS has been great and the trades have all done a excellent job and we are very happy so far.

There was also another house built here just before us and we have been through that and the quality is excellent.

We would def recommend JG King Mildura to build your home.
Sutto79
seanpain4

Thanks

Hi

The start was amazing, the communication from Casey is 1st class and the options are endless.

I would 100% recommend them for their communication and I feel that’s very important when building a house.

We have upgraded the things we felt we couldn’t do after so it def raised the price for us and our site fees were very high with bad soil.

The starting price on this plan is about 220k bit but you can make enquirys directly and they can give you a price list for all plans to go over & check out their display home, that’s a similar plan called oddessy.

Our Admin process look longer than expected but we contributed to that with changes etc.

So the build has been brilliant, Luke the SS has been great and the trades have all done a excellent job and we are very happy so far.

There was also another house built here just before us and we have been through that and the quality is excellent.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your build
seanpain4
Sutto79
seanpain4

Thanks

Hi

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your build

Yes they are lovely at the start. Once you sign on the dotted line its a nightmare.

We built in Ballarat, and had a very positive experience and at 3 months in our home are very happy. Our build is on here. Barossa
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum