Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Brick, colorbond, window frame help

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
We are really second guessing our colour choices for our house and would love some feedback/ ideas.
Currently we have
* Harvest Gold bricks with grey motar
* Jasper roof and gutters
* Paperbark fascia and window frames
* Terrain garage doors

We are starting to think that black window frames and sliding doors would look nicer, but can't agree on roof colour.
I think that monument would be better, dh thinks it would be fine to stick with jasper

TIA
anyone?? please help
It sounds like you have a heap of different colours going on... I'd be thinking about keeping the Jasper (Monument has been done to death in my honest opinion), and having Jasper in the window frames and fascias as well, if they can do that colour? I'd leave out the paperbark, myself, unless you want really strong contrast lines?

It's hard to help as we can't know what look you're going for - any inspiration pictures that you liked? What interior colour scheme are you looking at? The window frames need to go with that as well.
thanks for your thoughts - did think that there were lots of colours. Bricks and colours is something we have struggled with massively!
Have you thought of pairing Jasper roof with Dune fascias, gutters and window frames, and having the terrain as a statement on the garage?

Dune would probably go better on your interior colour scheme, when viewed from inside. And also with the grey mortar.
Have you used the 'Colorbond visualiser' ? That helps heaps, and they have brick colours for you to put on the walls, so you can get an idea...
Related
18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

15/01/2024
Is this a defect in my window frame?

Windows & Doors

Its the flashing and is normal. Some builders cover them up others just leave them handing. You can cover it up with an aluminium bracket or ask the builder.

4/04/2024
Window frame colour

Windows & Doors

Also we are planning a new monument front fence too

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum