Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bold Living Acreage build, Scenic Rim QLD - Slab Stage

Page 28 of 35
Tribe7
Can you post a pic of your tap for me Allblaqk??

I have liked that tap for months but didn’t want to buy it until the house actually started.

Yes of course!

Thanks Allblaqk it looks awesome ❤️.

Owhhh check out your kitty

Tribe7
Thanks Allblaqk it looks awesome ❤️.

I love it and the pull down veggie washer is amazing too
Wowzers... concrete!! I might need to follow along closer (and cut down my work hours!) It seems if I blink I miss something happening now!

We did pass by but at night time, but not much to see then... will need to make some daytime efforts through!

This morning I went for a trip up the block and was so surprised at the amount of men, machinery and work going on. The above pic with the trucks is our back fence, we have a road along the back of our property, it made me laugh they parked there trucks down there. I couldn’t get a pic from the street as the whole front of our block was a car park of plumbers and electricians vans and utes, our house is a lot lower than the street so I couldn’t see (not through lack of trying I might add)

I went back after school pick up and they where all still there so no finished plumbing pics ☹️ I’m looking forward to seeing it all finished tomorrow

I also have a bit of a love affair with pot plants, I’m really liking all the lovely greenery inside and it adds texture and colour. So I brought some pot plant stands at target $5 what a bargain (I was supposed to be buying my eldest daughter socks but what ever
)

I then hopped online to buy some pots for my cool stands and died, what the hell is up with the prices on pots? Did I miss something? So I decided to paint my own, here is how it went.

$5 pot stands

terra-cotta pots sprayed with sealer and ready to get painted

Ta da, all finished

I’m pretty happy with how the pot stands turned out

love the little mustache man, I had to wait for the kids to go to bed to paint that one

check out the hessian Easter bag, I had a light bulb moment and now it’s a planter bag

Just have to keep them all alive now

TRIBE7 how crafty are you! - they look great! love the moustache pot.
Do you have a local market? you could sell those... well done!
Wahoo for the loo pic!

Love the pots. So crafty Tribe7!

allblaqk
Tribe7
Can you post a pic of your tap for me Allblaqk??

I have liked that tap for months but didn’t want to buy it until the house actually started.

Yes of course!

Hahahahaha love the pic of your cat getting a drink

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thanks
Hes a character!
allblaqk
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thanks
Hes a character!

He certainly is

viewtopic.php?t=86597
You’re so crafty and you have such an eye for detail. I wouldn’t even think to do that to my own pots or how to go about it. I love it.
Love the pots Tribe! I used to paint all my pots once, but I haven’t had time to do it in years... you might have just inspired me to pull out my paintbrushes!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
gr8ly
@TRIBE7 how crafty are you! - they look great! love the moustache pot.

I’ll paint you one Gr8ly, I can even deliver it when I come to stalk the display homes

ruraldoc
Do you have a local market? you could sell those... well done!

We do have a local market but two of my boys play soccer on Saturday’s which rules the markets out (shame they have great plants there) how did your trip to the coast go?

hahah! yes please do! Supposedly the display's official opening is this weekend, but not even half the homes are open
sparrowsnest
You’re so crafty and you have such an eye for detail. I wouldn’t even think to do that to my own pots or how to go about it. I love it.

Oh your too kind, I think it’s more to do with the fact I’m a tight a7re and hate wasting money on items I can do myself. I also have a bit more time as I don’t have babies anymore
pip is 3 and a half and Lewy is almost 4, the big 3 are at school
I can paint and do all kinds of things through the day with them home. I’m going to make pelmet boxes again and I have an idea for a circle picture for the wall. My eldest daughter is drawing pictures for her youngest sisters room and I’ll frame the pictures in all different sizes and cluster them together. Ive got to get my sewing machine fixed so I can finish making all my new cushion covers. I have so many cushions and kind of hate them all now so I’m making new covers, saved a fortune too. The fabric for 14 cushions was $30

Here is what killed my sewing machine

I made emojis for the preppies and then sewed them all on to T-shirt’s for our end of school concert. Kids loved them and there was no turd

Bridgetwitch
Love the pots Tribe! I used to paint all my pots once, but I haven’t had time to do it in years... you might have just inspired me to pull out my paintbrushes!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

Ohh do it BW it’s quite therapeutic too

Mr t and I got to go to the block together this morning and the plumbing gods didn’t disappoint

All the plumbing is in, Council have approved. The trenching to the septic, water tank and storm water has been done. Our gravel pit for our water tank over flow has been trenched in and Mr T moaned his arse off that now there is gravel all over his lawn and he will need to rack it up before mowing
I laughed at him.

Electrician has been too and ran the power to the meter box, the external power source for the pool and trenched power to the water tank for the pump. We are missing the power for the shed?? I’ll get them at rough in to add it for me.

No idea when the slab will happen but I’m keen as to see it

Oh it’s all happening now! So excited to see it come together
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum