Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bold Living Acreage build, Scenic Rim QLD - Slab Stage

Page 26 of 35
Agent_009
Tribe7
Agent_009
I've never had tank water.

Do you think I'll need a tank on a 1 acre lot? We have town water to the land. It's around $10,000 for an underground 35000L tank...I'd rather spend that money elsewhere if I don't need it.

HSTP I definitely need.

Very exciting for you Tribe7....can't wait to follow your build. I can't find any threads on a completed Bold home and I'm using you as a bit of a guinea pig hahaha

Hey Agent,

No not if you don’t want to, we will get another poly tank beside the shed to catch the run off and I can use that for watering the veggie garden and gardens. If you have town mains you will be fine, we only have trickle fed so we rely on the roof catchment rainfall, the trickle fed will top it up when needed. I don’t blame you hold on to those purse strings.

Tank water is lovely, it doesn’t have the chemical taste of tap water, smells different too. Yeap I know how weird that sounds.

We didn’t need a HSTP we have a weird septic system thing, Bold use Taylex for there tanks and HSTP
. Have a look into the worm HSTP systems they are pretty cool.

There is a completed bold thread I’ll find it for you. A Lovely young couple on the north side. Hehehehe I’ll be your guinea pigs

How did the listing go?

Thanks very much. I thought that may be the case. Thanks for being the guinea pig haha!!! We are meeting with James from Bold on Sunday just to start some preliminary conversations. House went on real estate today so fingers crossed for a quick sale!!

My pleasure
oh cool that’s awesome news he is very honest and up front.

Wow it’s all really happening now, crossing everything for a quick sale for you

Tribe7

Hahaha no don’t worry your entitled to have it the way you want it. Everyone is different.

As for the floor I have no idea. Who knows what m is going to do now. My husband thinks it might be something related to the steel beam underneath. My private inspector said his going to check out the engineering design. To see what they have used. Hopefully we hear back soon. As that’s our only hold up now.

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]

Couldn’t agree more, I am happy to roll with the build and watch it happen.

I hope that answer comes along soon you must be busting to move into your beautiful new home.

[/quote]

Would you believe we sent them an email Friday and they are already working on it
I’m surprised they acted so fast. As I have heard horror stories on here when people have waited ages for Minor things.

Also got a report back from our private inspector. We got the final report back. And there’s only 13 minor faults. I think our ss has done an amazing job. Every report that we have had at every stage has only been minor. At like 4-5 faults at most. Considering it’s the handover stage. 13 is not too bad for a giant house lol.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Would you believe we sent them an email Friday and they are already working on it
I’m surprised they acted so fast. As I have heard horror stories on here when people have waited ages for Minor things.

Also got a report back from our private inspector. We got the final report back. And there’s only 13 minor faults. I think our ss has done an amazing job. Every report that we have had at every stage has only been minor. At like 4-5 faults at most. Considering it’s the handover stage. 13 is not too bad for a giant house lol.

I have to say your SS is awesome, the fact he is cracking the whip and producing such a quality home is awesome.

Gosh my defect list was miles long to have 13 is unreal, your squeak will be fixed shortly so that’s a huge bonus, I’ve heard our builders are really good for quality so I’m pretty excited to see how it all turns out.

Not long now and you can move that will be super exciting

Tribe7

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I have to say your SS is awesome, the fact he is cracking the whip and producing such a quality home is awesome.

Gosh my defect list was miles long to have 13 is unreal, your squeak will be fixed shortly so that’s a huge bonus, I’ve heard our builders are really good for quality so I’m pretty excited to see how it all turns out.

Not long now and you can move that will be super exciting

[/quote]

Yeah he really is. We feel blessed to have him that’s for sure.

You must feel better knowing that you have good quality builders. Sure makes it easier if you have a good one. Bet you can’t wait till it’s all up? And the kids would be getting excited?

I know mine can’t wait to move in. They are forever asking me.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Yeah he really is. We feel blessed to have him that’s for sure.

You must feel better knowing that you have good quality builders. Sure makes it easier if you have a good one. Bet you can’t wait till it’s all up? And the kids would be getting excited?

I know mine can’t wait to move in. They are forever asking me.

A good site super really makes it breaks a build. Mine is great, I texted him this afternoon a document left onsite as I know he lives a fair distance away and he called me straight away, we had a quick chat about what’s happening and our tank install and our electrician is moving our meterbox (wooo hooo) huge win because I think I want to fence the whole yard

Yes we can’t wait we are living in a shoe box at the moment. The bigger two kids who are almost 12 and 9 are excited about having there own rooms again and the pool, my 6 year old is really excited about the pool too and the youngest ones are 3 and 4 they are just pumped to go to the block to play in the dirt

No wonder your kids are excited moving into your house would be amazing they are all very lucky.

Today’s news,

Concrete water and septic tanks where installed this morning

I went back this afternoon and ta da they are in the ground

poop tank, I’m still shocked at the giant pile of dirt that came out of the poop tank hole, for scale our big trailer is almost hidden by the huge pile

Also I inspected some of our strip footings

the holes are insanely deep, I think the concrete boys are back tomorrow

I still can’t believe how quickly they’ve been powering along! Have they given you an indication of when the slab will go down?
Over the Easter break I went and visited my pal first time builder, while I was in her kitchen I might of fallen in love with her book end shelf on her island. I got home and couldn’t let it go, first time builder texted me photos so I could give them to drafting because I had to have those shelves 🤭.

Drafting did me a solid and have just sent back our amended kitchen plans. I love the shelves and drafting too, no crazy admin fees and they are happy to do as requested.

A special thanks to my pal first time builder for letting me feel your kitchen up like some weirdo

the shelves with be inlaid with oak and the cabinetry is matt black, ice snow stone bench tops.

I’m really excited about the skylight too, I first saw this idea in a Simonds display at Ormeau about 2 years ago and loved it

I love the skylight and the shelving. Makes me wish we had a skylight 😂. Your kitchen is going to look amazing! Can’t wait to see the Matt black cabinets 😍
kailie86
I still can’t believe how quickly they’ve been powering along! Have they given you an indication of when the slab will go down?

It’s great progress my SS is scheduling his pants off
the trades are really good and the plumber went out of his way to visit the site this morning and check it all out, he has requested we move our meter box to the driveway side of the house which is perfect as he will ruin all our front yard trenching otherwise
Taylex (the tank boys) wanted me to double check the tank locations before they installed, I’m super impressed to be honest, it’s nice to be asked instead of just lumping it.

I’m not sure about the slab, DEQ engineers are really strict about the slab prepour inspection and because our site is an E classification with a N3 wind rating they won’t let the piers and footings be poured until they have assessed all the form work and approved. Once we have done that then the slab will be boxed, again assessed and then poured. I think there is discussions about our sunken media too, they are going to build a bessa block retaining wall and core fill it to form a part of our slab at the front.

the circled part that says RW1M

kailie86
I love the skylight and the shelving. Makes me wish we had a skylight
. Your kitchen is going to look amazing! Can’t wait to see the Matt black cabinets

You can always have a skylight installed later, I was really surprised at how well priced they are, roughly $1,400 for the kitchen one from memory.

I hope it looks good, I’ve dreamt about it for months now I can’t wait to see it

That’s a great price! We enquired about a skylight for our living/dining through brighton and the SC told us not to even bother because they’re so expensive. We’ll see how we go after handover.

It’s great that the engineers are being so particular about your slab, at least you know that when it goes down it will be done right 😊 worth taking the extra time for the added piece of mind.
Your kitchen is going to be amazing!
I love the skylight look. We wanted to get that in one of the bathrooms upstairs as it hasn’t got a window in there except in the toilet that’s in there. We will see how we go. If it’s bright enough with that one window.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Wow $1400 is so worth it.

That is going to look amazing in your house.
Your kitchen is going to be amazing...
Your welcome to feel my kitchen up anytime

Wow... we will be passing through this Sunday on our way to Gold Coast. Need to check out the progress!

Congrats Tribe!!!

Hope the engineering inspection goes well!
Wow so much progress. Love the poop tank. Love the skylight and bookend bench and colours and everything lol. Your house is going to be amazing. I’m glad the progress is flying along.
Powering along now Tribe... it’s great to see!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum