Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bold Living Acreage build, Scenic Rim QLD - Slab Stage

Page 3 of 35
Tribe7
ruraldoc
Fleabea! You are just hilarious! Probably less creepy if we all come over at the same time and wish we had that master too...

Bahahhaha you two are funny, I'm buying a sofa for our master so we have a retreat you guys will have to come and give your opinion, I love this wallpaper and wall sconce

Your choices are unreal! Well done!! Bold living in your design as well! ๐Ÿ˜œ
Great news Tribe, awesome floor plan - looking forward to following
Tribe7
zacherine
Great to see another Bold build. We should get our keys in 12 days (I am definitely counting!!). Following along

Hey Zacherine,

I have been following your thread for a while but didn't want to pump you with questions until I knew what we where doing. Your place is turning out really lovely, you seem to have had a good build too? I'm impressed with Admin they are great.

Haha that's alright - it has just been hard not being able to get in these last few weeks so I can't really update with anything. PCI on Friday so will make sure get heaps of photos on Friday
Our kitchen is the Luna White and I really like it
Yeah relatively smooth, so definitely cannot complain. I am just ready to move in now though!!
em-n-craig
Great news Tribe, awesome floor plan - looking forward to following

Thanks Craig, getting our contracting items sorted today

zacherine
Tribe7
zacherine
Great to see another Bold build. We should get our keys in 12 days (I am definitely counting!!). Following along

Hey Zacherine,

I have been following your thread for a while but didn't want to pump you with questions until I knew what we where doing. Your place is turning out really lovely, you seem to have had a good build too? I'm impressed with Admin they are great.

Haha that's alright - it has just been hard not being able to get in these last few weeks so I can't really update with anything. PCI on Friday so will make sure get heaps of photos on Friday
Our kitchen is the Luna White and I really like it
Yeah relatively smooth, so definitely cannot complain. I am just ready to move in now though!!

I did read your locked out and can't see
it would be killing me too I love getting in for a look. Very exciting your PCI is booked for this Friday you must be busting to move in. Your bathrooms look fab with the dark and light tiles. Crossing fingers for a smooth PCI and a quick handover, your very organized with your connections etc so no delays there

Looking forward to following your new build. Plan looks great. How exciting

Tribe7
Heya Gr8ly,

Sorry for the delay I've been to the Goldie today (I didn't get to the shops either
what is wrong with the world
)

I'm really excited about the island and picked the pendants too, ohhh they are pretty.

Oh dear I don't think I'd like to be your admin person right now
. She better have a damn good answer at 9am tomorrow morning.

That's good you finance is done, we are lodging with the bank tomorrow
. I understand about the budget it hard to have everything and keep it on target. I tried to keep the things I know I can't change like the sunken media room, 40mm island stone and freestanding baths. It what is most important to you.

That's bizarre your neighbours have big western facing windows, imagine how hot that will be
. What colour is there skillion?

There was a reply this morning lol.. "can you please confirm the address and number" .. umm what? anyway they ended up emailing the forms through... should have done that to start. At least one of the neighbours will get it.

meanwhile a sunken media room? this place sounds like a wonderland... your place for movie nights! haha.

Last minute (before point of no return), we added a freestanding bath as well. Just need to start saving as much as we can now to pay for some of these extra variations. Although haven't even thought about landscaping or furniture.. might be a couple of beanbags to start lol

I have a feeling the house being built next to us is an investment home. It's a posh one though,... no idea on colour yet.. have only seen the frame at this stage. Our new neighbours think the house belongs to a property developer - he apparently bought a few in the estate.. too much money - let's just throw whatever on there!
Tribe7
ABuild
Ok so only in my own self absorbed world for the weekend and then this Happens
congrats on the new thread and bringing it all to life! Your patience and work ethic is incredible! Instead of wedding of the year this will be kitchen of the year. That bench is crazy long! Excited to see it all happen for you guys.

Oh hell no there is no raining on your parade my pal. I'm so thrilled about your auction win and 30 day settlement. I was so excited I raced out to tell hubby you won and he looked at me like I had lost my sh$t
I think it's sheer determination to build a bloody house on that block that has kept me on target. I'm stoked about the island, finally have a decent amount of space to spread out and bake

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ he would have thought you'd were crazy, who are these people you speak of!!

You have done well, your home will be beautiful. I love the wall paper. Mr A would shoot me for it being in our room so like everyone else I might just have to take a holiday and come sit in your gorgeous master suite.
livpal5
Looking forward to following your new build. Plan looks great. How exciting

Hey Liv,

Thank you, so good to share another build with you. How's your place coming on? Your gardens must be huge now.

[/quote]
There was a reply this morning lol.. "can you please confirm the address and number" .. umm what? anyway they ended up emailing the forms through... should have done that to start. At least one of the neighbours will get it.

meanwhile a sunken media room? this place sounds like a wonderland... your place for movie nights! haha.

Last minute (before point of no return), we added a freestanding bath as well. Just need to start saving as much as we can now to pay for some of these extra variations. Although haven't even thought about landscaping or furniture.. might be a couple of beanbags to start lol

I have a feeling the house being built next to us is an investment home. It's a posh one though,... no idea on colour yet.. have only seen the frame at this stage. Our new neighbours think the house belongs to a property developer - he apparently bought a few in the estate.. too much money - let's just throw whatever on there![/quote]

Hey Gr8ly,

Oh heck the admin person asked you that? I thought they sent them last week. She better hope for a fast turn around or you will be a after her.

Yeap the media is sunken, it wasn't expensive at all and looks very cool, makes the ceiling height in the media 2770
I thought about coffering the ceiling to run strip lighting but the budget needed some breathing space. Hahahhaha you will have to fight the kids for a spot in there.

Oh good work you can't change a bath to free standing after handover so it's a worth while upgrade. Landscaping can be a bit of a ******** if you have a little time. I'm not sure if you follow Mec's plantation build? She brought a heap of tiny plants for a great price and is growing them up. I've planted a heap of cuttings etc up the top of our paddock to start growing them up too. Also find wholesale nurseries and try to buy everything in one go, they give a better bulk discount. I'm going back to Paul at Mount Nathan to buy lots he is a nursery wholesaler and does great deals. For example if I buy one 40cm tiger grass from bunnings they are $16 but I got them from Paul for $6, I'll need 180 = $1080 but bunnings would be $2880
furniture is a tough one I haven't figured it all out either.

I hope the investment gets a lovely tenant for your sake, we had lovely neighbours last time.

he would have thought you'd were crazy, who are these people you speak of!!

You have done well, your home will be beautiful. I love the wall paper. Mr A would shoot me for it being in our room so like everyone else I might just have to take a holiday and come sit in your gorgeous master suite.[/quote]

Hehehehe yes he did look at me like I was a crazy lady. I'm just so pleased everything turned out how it was supposed after your battle with trying to build.

Hahhahahha Mr T is ok with the wallpaper but he sure as hell wouldn't pick it, I don't think I'm going to use it now as they are going to use it on the block ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ here are my other options.

master

Another master option. The beautiful blue and white colours remind me of the Royal Doulton Willow set.

This one for Miss fussy butts room.

Our contract has been issued today and everything is correct
documents have been signed and given to the bank for full approval

Ha ha ha I love the name "Miss fussy butts"
They are all very striking ! .... and I do mean I like them when I say that.
I particularly like the one in the bathroom example.
Yeah still plodding along. Gardens are looking good. Having to water it heaps tho due no rain what so ever.
Loving the wall paper. The last one is lovely perfect for a miss fussybutt

Tribe7
fleabee86
Yayyy
Tribe I absolutely LOVE the design and all of your selections! So happy for you guys as I know this has been a lot of time in the making
CANโ€™T WAIT to see it all come together!!!

That master
think Iโ€™ll have to visit just so I can sit in it and wish it was mine
thatโ€™s not creepy right

Bahahhahahhahah nah not creepy at all your more than welcome. Thanks so much for your support and kindness too. Bring on the bank approval batman
how's your fence going?

Totally glad that's not creepy!!! OMG I HATE fencing!!! LOL it's coming a long very slowly.... But it'll eventually all get done!
YAYYYY for correct and signed contract! No going back now
Holy **** what a great looking plan....

You must be super excited, looks like you have got everything covered! Can't wait to see your beast come to life!
WifeofHunza
Ha ha ha I love the name "Miss fussy butts"
They are all very striking ! .... and I do mean I like them when I say that.
I particularly like the one in the bathroom example.

WOF she drives me nuts! She isn't girly at all so it's a long stretch with the pretty bird wallpaper

I really like the peacock one too. I do love the Ellie Cashman wallpapers
I'll have to keep looking to find the one.

Any progress news from the engineers for you?

livpal5
Yeah still plodding along. Gardens are looking good. Having to water it heaps tho due no rain what so ever.
Loving the wall paper. The last one is lovely perfect for a miss fussybutt

I bet they are looking good, feel free to post a pic on here I love seeing the growth. Hehhe miss fuzzy butt is a pain in mine.

Your kids would of well and truly settled in up here now? You loving it?

[/quote]
Totally glad that's not creepy!!! OMG I HATE fencing!!! LOL it's coming a long very slowly.... But it'll eventually all get done![/quote]

Hahahhaha nah not creepy, just let me know when your coming to visit your sister and pop up

Bahhahahahhshah yeap fencing can be a bit like that. I feel that way when I try and dig a hole over here it's such thick clay

Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum