Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Home plan needed...

Page 1 of 1
Hoping for some suggestions on a house plan...

We have a downward sloping block with a beautiful view at the back.

We are looking for a fairly specific house plan (that I can't find 😜) We would like it to have:
- Rear of house to be all/mainly living
- 4+ bedrooms
- 3+ living rooms (one directly off of the kitchen to be the computer room so we can keep an eye on the kids)
- At least 2 (kids) bedrooms NOT at the front of the house.

We are considering a two store but would prefer a single/split level.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Edited to add photo and that the width of block is about 16-19m

blueskye30 Welcome to the forum ....Nice view but you forgot to mention your budget?
Where are you building, more info required
Not really any budget as such.
Looking for 250+sqm
We are in SA North
Sorry, I can't recommend any plans. But I do recommend reading this government website,

http://www.yourhome.gov.au/passive-design/orientation

Which direction does your block face? Much better to have your living areas (& a large proportion of your glazing facing North). You house will be brighter, warmer in winter, cooler in summer, & you'll duce energy bills.

Sun looks like it could be pretty high in that photo, so northern rear aspect?
Do you have a site plan that shows elevations? You need to know how much fall there is within where you want to place the house.

Yes, north is rear.
Fall is 1m in 9m.
Check out the Metricon Berkshire. There'd be a few compromises; it doesn't have is the 2nd living off the kitchen, but the front lounge is pretty close to the kitchen and/or you could change one of the voids to a computer nook (opposite the kitchen bench).

Ours (although it's the Signature Helsinki) is a split level, with steps just before the kitchen. You'd need to think about how you capitalise on north light though.
My first place had 2m of fall over the building envelope and yours seems close. If you think about it, that's prob too much for a true split level.

TheBigHouse
My first place had 2m of fall over the building envelope and yours seems close. If you think about it, that's prob too much for a true split level.

Ours has about 1.8m, and is a standard split level. We'd have rather built on bearer and joists; but was going to work out too expensive.

I don't actually mind our site cut now; going to have really quite a nice architectural retaining wall with a courtyard in front of it.
Related
25/05/2023
Floor plan review

Building A New House

i thought the flipped plan initially but bec i want narrow pathway from entry to dining (dont like bend), also cannot fit the…

15/08/2023
How hard to change CDC plan for a brick veneer to double bri

Building A New House

depends on your council, some 1 day some 14 days

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum