Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Mimosa homes

Page 2 of 2
parthiv777
blg
I had a terrible experience with Mimosa Homes. Paid Deposit (Jan 2018 ) and completed color selection (Mar 2018 ). Since then it was a nightmare. The office staff is very greedy trying to impose fee for every request after color appointment. When it came to contract, it was horrendous.
They even included clauses allowing them to change any material without the owner(me) 's consent.
Another ridiculous clause was that if i get an independent inspector, they will delay the construction by 10 days and charge me $250 for each visit. I had pretty much no other option than walking away after investing so much of time and money. Please stay away for your own safety.

Heard about $250 per inspection clause in all contracts since Feb this year. it's ridiculous that to show them their faults you have to pay money out of your pocket.
changing material cause is shocking, haven't heard about it before.
My understanding is after colour selection, to make any changes they do charge you money, all builders do it.
That's why I am taking all the time before going to color selection.
Someone told me, building a house with a builder is Hit or miss game, someone may have bad experience and someone may have a good experience with a same builder.

Yes, myself too was shocked.
Their reviews were great 8 months ago. It has drastically degraded recently. Unfortunately i fell prey.
firsthomebuyer2018
blg
I had a terrible experience with Mimosa Homes. Paid Deposit (Jan 2018 ) and completed color selection (Mar 2018 ). Since then it was a nightmare. The office staff is very greedy trying to impose fee for every request after color appointment. When it came to contract, it was horrendous.
They even included clauses allowing them to change any material without the owner(me) 's consent.
Another ridiculous clause was that if i get an independent inspector, they will delay the construction by 10 days and charge me $250 for each visit. I had pretty much no other option than walking away after investing so much of time and money. Please stay away for your own safety.

Hi blg, thats concerning to hear. What were the changes you proposed? What they said about the independent inspection? Did they say that there will be delay of 10 days in the contract as a clause?

Yes, these are clauses in the special condition section and they are adamant.
> It allows them to make any change to the house without my consent.
> Every independent inspector visit will cost you 10 extra days and $250. Besides, you need to inform then 7 days prior.
Hi Guys,

I am thinking to build with Mimosa, really like their Saba26 floor plan and very close to put the deposit but reading different people experiences I am but scared.
Any recommendations around for any other builder with less issues would be really helpful.
Hi Blg,

Did you walk away and lost the initial payment you had deposited to mimosa ?

Who are you thinking to build with now ? I am in the same boat and really struggling to make a choice as who to choose for construction.
Wild
Hi Guys,

I am thinking to build with Mimosa, really like their Saba26 floor plan and very close to put the deposit but reading different people experiences I am but scared.
Any recommendations around for any other builder with less issues would be really helpful.

All volume builders r same - the basic thing is choose the floor plan which u like - no use going for a smaller house plan and then trying to add rooms- that will be costlier - so decide the structural part - most builders don’t charge to move internal walls

Decide this before you go to sales person and get the quote

Different builders have different process - some have sales quote, colour and tender together and contract- so in this case after colour they will charge u extra for any change
In case it is sales, colour, tender and contract then they will not give prices at colour selection and so u can make changes on next visit of tender

Check the promotions with builders - electrical packs etc,
Get an independent inspector and follow up the report - enjoy the build
Thanks p, our block is 16 ×30 and Mimosa Saba 26 suits it best to utilize the space, not many builders have 16 meter frontage floor plans. Mimosa started charging extra for independent inspections from private inspectors lol they dont leave no option to make the money. Also they dont pour garage and portico area as part of the slab which is super annoying, still deciding as who to choose.
Wild
Thanks p, our block is 16 ×30 and Mimosa Saba 26 suits it best to utilize the space, not many builders have 16 meter frontage floor plans. Mimosa started charging extra for independent inspections from private inspectors lol they dont leave no option to make the money. Also they dont pour garage and portico area as part of the slab which is super annoying, still deciding as who to choose.

I’m building in south east thru Arden but my friend is building in Melton thru Mimosa Saba26 on 14x34 - lock up stage - u get flooring by mimosa which will be around 14000 else where- just a factor to count.
Wild
Hi Blg,

Who are you thinking to build with now ? I am in the same boat and really struggling to make a choice as who to choose for construction.

Hi Wild,
I do not have any other option.
Only way to get aroud this trap is to get all documentation done withing 14 days after paying deposit, which will never happen.
blg
Wild
Hi Blg,

Hi Wild,
Only way to get aroud this trap is to get all documentation done withing 14 days after paying deposit, which will never happen.

What I have done is I am working with the sales guy and haven't booked my colour's appointment yet.
So it's still refundable for me.
Once you book and go through your colour's appointment then their staff starts spending their time on you after this appointment their architect guy spends time on drawings etc.
That's why they won't give you refund at this stage.
Finally ended up with dennis family, Its costing 315000 to build 28 sqm but really like there designs and quality output. its expensive but worth paying for it.
parthiv777
blg
Wild
Hi Blg,

Hi Wild,

What I have done is I am working with the sales guy and haven't booked my colour's appointment yet.
So it's still refundable for me.
Once you book and go through your colour's appointment then their staff starts spending their time on you after this appointment their architect guy spends time on drawings etc.
That's why they won't give you refund at this stage.

Sales people will be nice with you. You will know more as you progress. Wish you luck.
blg

You are not the only one. I cancelled due to an absolutely horrible, condescending consultant at head office once my file left the display. For those who built with Mimosa, may I ask if you saw your full contract before signing? I got emailed some rubbish and was hollered and sneered at to come in and sign it 2 days after I received something that was garbage. Ended up having to seek professional legal advice and the lawyer took a look at it and was appalled. If it means anything to you, provided you have your receipt for your deposit there are a few builders out there who will honor that and you may not need to pay another builder a deposit (or a smaller amount than usual). Good luck.
What a nightmare guys, I walked away at very initial stages even prior to deposit because sales people had no idea what they were selling.
Nuri
No problem mate. I'm building the Churchill 220.

Hi Nuri,

How was your experience with Mimosa, I am looking at building Churchill 220 with them. Just wondering if you could share your experience with us.

Regards,
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum